Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #31  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I know the body can use fat but that's not what you said John.

Anyway i just calculated my BMR which is 1396 calories. That means i am burning this many calories even if i do nothing. If i am eating 1300 calories and walking for miles a day, how is the body going to meet its basic energy needs if so much of it is being used up in walking? Its not the case that your body goes "oh, there's no more glucose circulating in my blood and muscles but she's got all that fat sitting there so i will get that." It doesn't work like that.

So anyway where is that convincing article that explains so clearly what you asserted. Fat does not burn by itself as you suggested it does but i'm waiting to be convinced.

If you think i'm going to go and buy a book because you tell me to, forget it. If what you say is true, there must be the information all over the web. I"m waiting to read it.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #32  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
Fat does not burn by itself as you suggested it does but i'm waiting to be convinced.
I really don't know what to tell you. I linked the book as a joke because the body using fat as fuel during low intensity exercise is not something most people need to be convinced of since it is basic human physiology. You yourself have said you know the body uses fat as fuel.

Here is a link you can read I found after a 5 second google search.

From the link ...

"During exercise, stored fat in the body (in the form of triglycerides in adipose or fat tissue) is broken down into fatty acids. These fatty acids are transported through the blood to muscles for fuel."
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #33  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I took your first post in this debate to mean that the body only burns fat and not muscle. In fact you did say this and this is what i am asking for proof of because its nothing like i've ever read. So yeah stop making out i'm the dumb one here.

Quote:
It is possible she is burning muscle but extremely unlikely for a number of reasons. The biggest one is that walking can be powered almost 100% by fat and currently she still has plenty of fuel on board in that area.
My understanding is that walking, like all activity draws its energy from a combination of glycogen and fat after glucose in the blood stream has been exhausted. IF there's no glycogen, in the tissues, the muscles will be broken down to provide it because fat doesn't burn by itself.

According to the usual formula, My body needs 1396 calories for its BMR and i think i weigh less than the OP. I can't remember. If i took half of that away to pay for my walking,, my body would be functioning under par. I might not notice it at first. I might even feel like i'm getting away with it for a while. But i am sure it would catch up with me.

Last edited by Pattience; 04-08-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #34  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

We're going around in circles at this point.

I already gave you a link. You disregarded it. I suspect I could give you dozens of links that show the basics of human physiology and you would attempt to find a way to twist the arguement around and we would end up at this same exact point. Therefore I am done.

Lets just agree to disagree on this issue.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote