3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Where do you tend to lose first? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/293957-where-do-you-tend-lose-first.html)

BigChiefHoho 03-20-2014 08:29 PM

Where do you tend to lose first?

And by "you," I mean you specifically, not people in general.

My scale's batteries just died, so I decided to check my measurements instead to see how we're getting along. And huzzah, I'm 8.5" down! ...unfortunately, they all came off of my thighs, and my butt, and my upper arms, and my neck. I know most women tend to hold their weight in the legs and hips, but not me. I am the apple-iest apple you ever saw. Practically all of my extra weight is in my stomach and boobs - I didn't even think I had fat to lose from my butt. But hey, I know it'll come off eventually. Last-on-first-off and all that.

So, just out of curiosity, where do you tend to lose fat and hold fat? And how long did it take you to see it start coming off of your biggest problem areas?

MauiKai 03-20-2014 09:18 PM

I lose around my hips last it seems...which is also my largest part.

Marniadec 03-20-2014 09:58 PM

I'm an hourglass (39.7 - 27.7 - 39.7/XL-M-L in clothes :p), so fat is pretty evenly distributed. I lose first in my waist, then in my hips and thighs and I never lose anything off my boobs and arms. The thinner I get, the more frustrating my arms get...

SeeMyFeet 03-20-2014 10:17 PM

...my mind...

amandie 03-20-2014 10:21 PM

Lmao, SeeMyFeet!

My hips/thighs.

novangel 03-20-2014 10:36 PM

Chest. :rolleyes:

CooCooCaChoo 03-20-2014 10:37 PM

Apparently I am losing in my fingers (my ring is looser) and my boobs.....sigh. the bras I just bought about a month ago are too big in the cup already. I need it to fall off my belly, but it obviously has ideas of its own!

KarinRose 03-20-2014 11:04 PM

My boobs and my face... :-( need to keep going to get it off my belly, thighs, and HIPS!

LovesToTravel 03-20-2014 11:12 PM

I'm an apple shape too. All of the really noticeable gain and loss has been in my face, chest, back, and midsection.

LiannaKole 03-20-2014 11:13 PM

I'm not totally sure, but I notice weight loss around my ribs first, and then in my boobs (sadly). Although if I regain and then lose again, it could vary.

My stomach is dead last. Hurray. I'm not a total apple, but much closer to that than a pear.

Although it is nice that I don't tend to put much weight on my hips or butt. Not so nice that they're smaller while my waist is not...

abetterme 03-21-2014 01:09 PM

My middle has been getting a little slimmer and my thighs. I only notice the thighs when I sit and look down.
I think the last things that slim down are my face and fingers. I can't wait for that day. (Wedding rings are too tight! and too stubborn to resize them lol)

Radiojane 03-21-2014 01:36 PM

I still have a massive belly, but I took off a great deal through my rib cage and my upper arms first. (I was down three top sizes and only down one pant size after the first 75 pounds). Conversely, My boobs have maybe lost a half cup.

My bellies (yes, there are two) are taking their sweet time.

Dottington 03-21-2014 01:42 PM

I notice it changes as I lose more. At first it seems to come off my face and waist. I'm an hourglass, and I remember feeling like my arms, hips, and thighs would never get smaller. But eventually it kind of switched around and I started losing from those areas and my waist stayed the same. It got so bad(went from having a 12in difference in bust/waist/hips to only 9in difference) that I then started to feel like I'd never lose in my waist! But now it looks like I'm losing there again so its funny how it switches around.

thirti4thirty 03-21-2014 03:36 PM

I'm proud to say that I lose first in my tummy. However even if it starts flattening out as soon as I start to eat well and exercise, it tends to take a long time to get totally flat in the long run.

Psychic 03-21-2014 03:52 PM

It seems as if I'm losing weight in my face and joints first... Like, my elbows are getting pointier and my knees look different. I literally have no fat on my wrists at all. I can tell I've lost a little weight around my tummy, but I still can't fit in smaller jeans because I have a big butt & large thighs..

ReNew Me 03-21-2014 04:09 PM

From the top down and from the bottom up ... meaning I'll see losses in my face and be able to measure it in my thighs. Then the losses sort of move in their respective directions and finally meet in the middle as the last place I lose is in my waist.

The

Absolute

Completely

Totally

Very

Last

Place

Arctic Mama 03-21-2014 05:32 PM

Face and bust first, belly and back last. I have a short torso body type, so most of my excess cumulated weight is in my torso. My legs looked great even at 270 pounds, though :)

novangel 03-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReNew Me (Post 4968032)
From the top down and from the bottom up ... meaning I'll see losses in my face and be able to measure it in my thighs. Then the losses sort of move in their respective directions and finally meet in the middle as the last place I lose is in my waist.

The

Absolute

Completely

Totally

Very

Last

Place

:lol: Same here.

Fiona W 03-21-2014 06:40 PM

I'm an hourglass—always have at least a 12" difference between waist and hips. The weight I'm lost so far has sort of come off everywhere, but more in my face, bust, and waist than hips and thighs. I think I follow the pattern I heard described once as "You lose from the top down, then redistribute from the bottom up." I have a long way to go before I'm waiting to redistribute, but I know not to get discouraged about my huge legs: they, too, will eventually get smaller.

Paulitens 03-21-2014 07:43 PM

I think it's the same for me: my tummy/back, boobs, cheeks. Those are the areas that gain weight faster and seem to lose it faster. My legs barely gained weight so they are barely losing; my arms... I don't know.

Fiona W 03-21-2014 09:42 PM

I think we're learning something from this thread: everybody is different!

zopersel33 03-22-2014 05:56 AM

I lose first around my waist, then a bit on my back just above my bum (with the help of exercise) and then the rest sort of follows. I tend to notice it on my fingers cause my rings feel looser.

GetHealthy 03-22-2014 11:51 AM

When I start a diet I find that I stop bloating and I can suck my stomach in more, but I'm not sure if that's actual weight coming off my stomach! The hardest place for me to lose is my thighs! They are massive! I think I have a pretty flat stomach because I do a lot of ab work.

Olivia7906 03-22-2014 12:30 PM

I lose weight very proportionately over my entire body. I think my natural figure (without all the weight) is an hourglass so my body loses in that manner. My waist and stomach always gets the headstart and loses first, while boobs, hips and thighs lose slower, but proportionate to each other. Arms are the slowest of all.

Samantha18 03-22-2014 06:19 PM

I think I lose weight evenly since my weight is distributed evenly, but the little difference I do notice is in my upper arms. Also, the back of the muffin top area! That was the first thing to shrink a bit!

nickii 03-22-2014 10:48 PM

definitely my boobs and face. My thighs are the very last to ever slim down. Seems it always comes off my top half first leaving my body very out of proportion lol

Dollydimple 03-23-2014 03:49 AM

face and boobs for me. I have a fat face so that's good, but tiny boobs (my daughter ate 'em) so I don't need to lose from there. My middle is my worst place for carrying weight and is always the last place to shrink

Mrs Snark 03-24-2014 11:03 AM

I lost fastest in my face and my boobehs.

My pot belly is still gleefully here, hanging on for dear life.

miniapplecocoa 03-24-2014 02:30 PM

LOL, unbelievably, my wrist, ankles and neck. What a cruel act of fate. A giant backside with skinny wrist and ankles and a turkey neck. LOL!

AllyG47 03-24-2014 02:52 PM

My thighs and arms are the first to lose. I've lost almost 30 pounds and none of that has come off my waist, boobs or face. I haven't dropped any clothing sizes and no one has noticed that I've lost any weight yet. The legs of my pants are really loose but I can't go down a size because they are still too tight in the waist. Similarly, the sleeves of my shirts are loose but I can't go down a size because the boob area is still too tight. When I was in high school, I joined Weight Watchers and I didn't start losing in my waist until I got down to the 160's. The lowest I got was 165 and my upper stomach was gone and my lower stomach was shrinking fast. I'm assuming the same thing will happen this time. I can't wait to get to the 160's to find out (I'm looking forward to having only one stomach again). I'm hoping that the next 10-20 pounds will show in my face as I really want some cheekbones and a defined jawline (and no double chin).

RubyRed93 03-25-2014 04:29 PM

I believe it's my stomach. I've never lost a significant amount of weight so I'm not sure. But, a while ago when I lost around 20 pounds, this lady said that my stomach looks smaller.

Sum38 03-25-2014 04:38 PM

I gain all over, and I lose from all over. I really don't have one area that goes first.

It would be nice to have one area that shrunk first, it would look like that I am making progress. -- No I have a little less of tummy fat, a little less of back fat, a little less of thigh fat.

But my belly is my problem area, that will stay jiggly and fat until the bitter end.

levoguette 03-25-2014 04:41 PM

First to lose was in my face, double chin, lower arms and hands, and even my feet (yes I can now fit into shoes that felt too tight before :O)! I also seem to lose first in my butt, despite my butt not being a "trouble spot". I could use some more butt fat to balance out the rest....

Last to lose seems to be my hips, waist (especially my dreaded muffin top), and thighs. I would do anything to get rid of that darned muffin top. It feels like despite having lost 60-some pounds it has yet to budge at all!

samcrokitty 03-27-2014 09:05 AM

I've noticed that I have lost in my stomach because my shirts are now baggy and my hip has lost one roll...lol I also am starting to feel a shoulder blade again. :)

Rhiko 03-29-2014 07:19 AM

It comes off my boobs and my arms first LOL My stomach fat comes off last due to my PCOS. I think my neck is one of the last areas to lose but the first to gain; it's how I know I'm putting weight on!

cheddahcat 06-06-2014 05:49 PM

I'm an apple too. I tend to lose it in my bum first which makes me a bigger apple shape. Last is boobs. :)

moonkissed 06-06-2014 06:19 PM

my tummy is the worst. I wish I could lose there the most! It is where I gain by far most of my weight.

When I was losing steadily before I lost weight in my arms, shoulders, collar bone. Yeah I lost weight in my collar bone area the most lol It was so weird. But you could really see and feel my collar bone and damn I was proud of that! So weird right lol

Novus 06-06-2014 08:09 PM

This is a very individual response and depends on many factors - body style, age, diet plan, amount and type of exercise, etc.

For me, personally, I noticed a change in stomach/hips/butt fairly quickly. I dropped pants sizes at a rather rapid pace. My face changed dramatically in the 10 pounds or so between 199 and 189. My bras are only now, after 50+ pounds lost, getting loose to the point where I know I need to resize.

EddieD 06-08-2014 05:07 AM

My waist is usually the first place I notice getting thinner, when the curves get deeper. One place I never seem to be able to lose is my upper arms (or my bingo wings, as I like to call them).

Gingerjv 06-08-2014 05:42 AM

I have a pear shape body so my bigges problem is HIPS!!! it seems they never become thinner no matter how much weight you lose(((( i always lose my face and boobs first(( damn...boobs(( already starting to miss them;-))