Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 04:50 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#368

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 07-12-2003, 05:09 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Ha ha....Beat ya!

I just wanted to share the wonderful day I'm having...

A vigorous workout, some tanning, some meditation, even got some landscaping done!

I cut the grass, did some edging and raking, enjoyed the sun on my shoulders, and thought about how much I really enjoy being outside, working...why don't I do it more often??

The only reason I'm inside now is because my daughter's boyfriend's family is on their way to pick her up for a party...let's just say I'm not looking my prettiest!

Tina...I know you're on your way out...you have my numbers...I am looking SO forward to our meeting!

Welcome, Chrissy! You're doing really well! 37 lbs since April?! Excellent!
I gotta get my A$$ in gear!

Oh good, they're here...I can go back outside and play in the dirt!

see you later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-12-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Goodbye gals!

I cannot believe this....but I am truly, honestly tearing up at the thought of leaving you guys! I need you so much...you are my lifeline. I am totally excited about going on this vacation, it is the longest one we have ever taken, but I just know I'm gonna miss you something awful. It will be terrible to not be able to get online to see what my lovelies are up to?

I mean...come on. We are like "As the World Turns"

Take a glimpse with me now:

Will Pam get some relief from the heat or will she continue to swelter?

Will Duckie find a comfortable, yet reliable car?

Will 2cute stop stressing about her new home and enjoy this new adventure?

Will Amanda ever get back on a regular sleep schedule?

Will Lucky come back and visit us again or has she finally found that hunk of hers?

Will Thin kick everybody's a$$ at Curves and be voted the Exerciser of the Month?

Will Lori meet Brian's parents without passing out?

Will Mary continue to work for free and if she does, will they appreciate what a sweetie she is?

Will Homebound/Joanne realize we're all mad as hatters and run for the hills?

Will Kat ever give me a hug again when she realizes I don't want to let go?

Will Deb pull that scale out of hiding this week?

WillTerri find that the snake she ran out of her yard last week had babies?

Will Connie resist yet another week of goodies brought in by the ladies? I think so.

Will Andria ever rebound from typing in all those individual replies?

Will Natalie be able to keep up with all the posts?

Will Barb return from the library after looking up the information on building codes?

Will Jo Anne make it back from doing all that cooking for her local Tribal Council?

Will we have to send out a missing person report for Sandy, Michelle, and Sara? Let's hope not.

See what I mean? You gotta stay tuned and see what happens next!!

You all take care of yourselves and each other.. (Geez, did that just sound like Jerry Springer or what?) If I have the opportunity, I will try to get access to a computer to check in on you guys... You know, make sure you're being good and all.

I love you guys with all my heart and I should be back sometime next Sunday. Kat, I'll see you Thursday!!

P.S. Kat will be witnessing me in my full glory after I've seen Tony ...I'm sure she will have lots to report!
Old 07-12-2003, 05:42 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Thumbs down

Hi Queen!

I'm definetely NOT "heading for the hills".

I can be pretty crazy myself!

Thanks for the warm welcome and welcome to you Chrissy!

P.S. Have an excellent vacation Queen
Old 07-12-2003, 06:01 PM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Tina, you are too funny! We do make a pretty decent sounding soap opera, don't we.

Hey, had a cool realization yesterday and wanted to share. I can get into my car and my belly doesn't hit the steering wheel! I'm so used to pulling the seatbelt in tight, I didn't even realize until yesterday that I don't rub anymore.

I've been trying to get up the guts to pull out this workbook I have and plan out a healthy menu for next week. I'm doing the exercise, you'd think the other would fall into place a bit more easily. I have to grocery shop tonight, so I'm promising myself it will be planned before then. I have to get some weight off for this knee of mine to finish healing. The exercise is good, but I know for me it has to be both. Isn't it kind of weird that I'd prefer to exercise than diet? So many of you are just the opposite.

Andria
Old 07-12-2003, 06:29 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Red face Me-Sleep on a regular schedule????

LOL Maybe someday that will happen, but last night wasn't the night. I stayed up until 3 am and slept until about 11. Yesterday I had a off plan day. I didn't go completely crazy-but I had some cookies and regular potato chips. (3oz to be exact) I still kept track and I had a very light dinner to make up for all the fat. I did do WATP yesterday though so hopefully that will offset it. My daughter loves doing the WATP workout with me. It is so cute!!! What is even better is it is together time for us.

I'm not going to do individual replies right now. I've been cleaning house and I need to get back to it. I'm going to re-organize my cabinets today. I've got a great start on it, now I just want to get it done. I just had a healthy lunch and now it is back to work for me. Have a good day all.

HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU IN CHAT TONIGHT. It's at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST, 6:30 MST, and 5:30 PST.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:14 PM   #7  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Cool Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity

Hmm, was I bad?
I had to go out of town yesterday to a funeral, which was really a soap opera to me, but I blame my extended family(Aunties&Uncles), especially since they keep the story line going. Sorry but it's one story not worth telling here. I am sure glad for my siblings though, we stick together and I am grateful for them.
Anyway, so I was traveling home this morning so I didn't get even one mile of walking and the most awful part is that I was at their mercy (my 2 sisters) of where to eat. Of all places to go, we went to an all you can eat buffet, but I did try and make the best choices of protein, and veggies. BUT I am so stuffed, ugh, and then to have an hours drive yet to go.
Now I am home, where I can drink all the water I want and not have to worry about where the next restroom is. Already I feel all puffy. I am hoping to get a walk in this evening so I can meet my goal of 300 minutes for this week but we'll see.
I wish you all a funfilled weekend and I'll check on you all lighter.
Joanne In cloudy Northern AZ
Old 07-12-2003, 08:28 PM   #8  

Did someone misplace me again? Well, the missing police found me and dragged my hinney back in here.

Tina: Hope you have a marvy vacation!!! Relax and enjoy it!!! And I am so envious of you and Kat meeting. But, happy for you too.

I can't believe I missed a whole nother thread....what is up with me? Acutally life is busy busy busy. Today we had a wdding and we just got back. Tomorrow we have one of my neices bday partys at the pool, so that will be fun.

I'm on my way to chat, hope others are there too.

Hugs,
Sandy

Ps) A big ole' Welcome to Chrissy and homebound.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Maple-Glazed Salmon

2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground ancho chili powder (or use 2 tsp chili powder)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sea or kosher salt
4 (6 0z) salmon fillets
cooking spray
1 tsp maple syrup

1. Prepare grill; heating to medium.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients. Sprinkle fish with salt; rub with paprika mixture.
3. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes. Drizzle fish with syrup; grill 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Yields 4 servings.

Calories: 286
Fat: 13.5 g
Protein: 36.5 g
Carb: 2.9 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 670 mg

I used reduced-sugar syrup since that's all we had in the house. Still was good.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:58 PM   #10  

Unhappy Sorry Thin!!

I didn't mean to abandon you in chat. I would never leave that abruptly. My hubby blew a fuse in the house. We have these old fashioned fuses, so when my hubby went to screw in a new one the ones we bought didn't fit. So I'm not going to have power in half my house for the night. I'm going to need a flashlight just to go to the bathroom. I had to run an extension cord into my bedroom to get the computer back up and running. That is what took me so long. Can't live without it though. Anyway, I hope you accept my apology. If I knew how to post you a lovely sorry bouquet I would.

Old 07-13-2003, 12:17 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies.
I had a terrible morning... REALLY BAD !!! But the afternoon went much better.
I left the house about noon and did not get home until 8pm. I am pooped !!!

This evening I visited with my daughter and her boyfriend.
We don't get to do that often. They are always on the go.
Hope everyone enjoyed chat. Amanda... I know Thin will be totally understanding ... she has a husband too. LOL

My sister is in the hospital. She is having lots of problems.
Most of you know that she is fighting her 4th bout with cancer.
She is not recuperating like she had in the past. Her blood count is down to 8.? and it is suppose to be 12 +. Not good. They had her on some medication for 3-4 weeks but it is not working. They had to give her 3 pints of blood. PLUS... they found a blood clot in her leg. Because she is on chemo they don't want to give her certain medication for the blood clot. When it rains .. it pours. My heart breaks for her. The doctor said being over weight and not exercising enough could be a cause of the blood clot. I know she is worried.. because our grandmother DIED from a blood clot in her leg that broke loose and went to her heart. She was VERY close to dad too and his death has been very hard on her.

My mom is not doing much better either. This is so hard to know what to do... with trying to do everything needed for moving too.
I may not be here as often for the next week... but then again I may.

Okay.... got to get some more packed tonight. I don't seem to get a lot accomplished during the day. I need flylady to guide me through all of this moving. I have never read her site... but I have read what some of you have said about it... and the main thing I always hear is.... Do one room for 15-20 minutes each.
It at least gets me moving. I am just not getting anything DONE.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-13-2003 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:15 AM   #12  

Good Morning Ladies,

2cute: I am so sorry to hear about your sister and your mother, I know how worried you must be. Just know all of our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amanda, and thinthinker: enjoyed chatting with you last night. This forum is allowing me to expand my horizons (this machine can do soooo much more than I could possibly ever learn!!)...do not have as many brain cells as I use to have.

Welcome Chrissy! We are a united force in this battle! These are wonderful girls, and it sounds as if you will fit right in with us. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Joann...keep coming back, the support, love, and encouragement you can receive here will be a great jump start to your program, and a pick me up whenever you need one.

Off to work in a few...Sundays are NORMALLY quiet. Lets hope so, my mind could use the rest...

sw 356 June 5th/348.8 June 24
July 8th 346/next weigh in July 24
first goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130

Have a healthy day chickies
Old 07-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #13  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Smile Road2River

Hi Friends
Here is a picture of the road I use to do my daily walks(going south), my kids saw this on my desktop background and they didn't even know where it was from. LOL they though it was from some distant place.
Anyway I am off for my walk so I'll be checking in on you all lighter.
Joanne In AZ
Old 07-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy everyone! I've been up since 7:00 because I just couldn't stand to lay in bed any longer. I'm so stiff in the morning. I've gone back to taking my vitamin E for leg cramps too since beginning at Curves. My muscles must be freaking out, "What the HE!! is she trying to do to us????" because my legs have been cramping up for the last 3 nights and they hadn't in a long time. Oh well, the price I'll have to pay to get Gorgeeeeus!!! I'm supposing it will all be worth it.

Tina: What a HOOT!!! I loved your version of As The World Turns. Sorry I didn't get in here before you left. But if you check in, I'm hoping you have a wonderful vacation. I'm glad you're getting a chance to meet some of the girls on your journey. Thanks for your kind words. You're a sweetie.

Connie: Yes, tis true. I am the non-exercise Queen! I refer to it as the big "E" because I could never even bring myself to say the word! I suppose you can claim first runner up if you want to. Actually, you can take over the position now that I'm reformed. But I'm here to tell you that if I can do it, ANYONE can. Because this old body hasn't moved in 15 years!!!

Andria: On most of the machines I do rest my head. But more because I use the machines to relax on so that when you switch to the walking or jogging pads I'm ready to go again. I find the machines easier than the in-between things, believe it or not. I'll look again for your article. Thanks.

Amanda: I was wondering where you went. I thought "geez, that was rude!" But then I had the same thing sorta happen when Pam and I were talking, my computer froze up and I had to reboot. So $hit happens. It's ok, we'll carry on another day.

Mary: You wrote: "Chat tonight be there" and then you weren't. What's with that?

Justme: You're so right. We don't let any grass grow under our feet most of the time. It gives new meaning to "Be there (here), or Be square". When you're not around it makes for alot of catching up to do.

Terri: Wow, you had a busy day. That's alot of errands, and all before 10:00! * Thanks for posting the salmon recipe. I'll be trying that real soon. But I guess I have to be a dummy here. What's the difference between salt, Kosher salt, and sea salt?

Kat: I like that quote! Hope you get your fill of gardening today. It's really nice here. Might get to just about 80. Nice weather for working outside.

Chrissy: Welcome! We're so glad to have you. Several here from the PA area. Hope you'll join us often. BTW, Congrats on the 37#!!! That's a great start!!!

Lori: Glad the telephone interview went well.

Homebound: Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to continue to call you by your alias since we already have a JoeAnne. That way I won't get confused. (it doesn't take much ) Glad to hear you're not leaving us. But as Tina said, we can get pretty wild and crazy sometimes.

JoeAnne: Sorry to hear about the funeral. Those unexpected out of town visits can really cramp our eatting style. I'm sure you're back to business now that it's over and you're in your own realm. The picture of "your road" is beautiful. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to get out there and do it if we had some place beautiful like that.

Sandy: Not sure where you went, but we didn't find you in chat last night. Sorry I missed you.

2cute: Aw, honey, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. That must be really awful that they can't medicate for what she needs. My heart goes out to you all. I'm especially sympathetic to you being such a distance from all of them. That makes it so hard. When my dad was ailing in Florida it was so hard. You can't offer the constant assistance that you feel you should. Hang tight, sweetie. I hope things look up for you real soon. [[[hugs]]]

Pam: Sorry you had to leave chat last night. I was glad to have some time to get to know you better.

Well girls, it's noon and #1 son just rolled out of bed. Guess it's time to make some lunch. Honey and I were waiting on him to get out of bed and we're starving.

Honey's been out painting a railing in front of the house and I've been running up and down stairs doing loads of laundry this morning. Guess it's time for me to cook something and then head out to work on the landscaping a bit more. I'll talk to you all later.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert Humphrey

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-13-2003 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #15  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, I didn't get my grocery list all finished last night. I got a bit confused and had to read through the diet plan a little more closely. Now I'm ready and am making it up as soon as I finish here. Good thing, because my fridge is empty!

It has been a long time since I've been on a structured diet plan. I'm kind of nervous. Not sure why, but it just feels like I'm about to take a plunge into icy waters.

Like SBD, this one is pretty restrictive the first two weeks. Then you go on to the next phase and stick with that until you are losing less than 1 lb. a week or are just plain sick of dieting. When that happens, you go to phase 3 and stay there until you get your metabolism back up to where you can eat 2000 to 3000 calories a day without gaining weight. I like the cyclical feel to it and the fact that they give you two styles of diet plan in case you are carb or calorie sensitive. If you are both, they tell you how to adjust for that as well.

Anyway, I'll let you all know how I'm doing with it. I feel really vulnerable with this, but I know it won't get any safer than here with you chicks. I didn't even want to tell DH I'm starting this because I don't want to disappoint him if I can't do it.

Speaking of the devil, he just walked in the door.

Better get outta here!

Andria
Closed Thread