Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #1  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Question Suggestions for mini goal or NSV rewards

I have a short list of things I would like to do for myself as I get closer to my ultimate weight goal, but I am looking for ideas to motivate me.

Do you have any planned rewards for NSV's? What things are on your list to do/get for each five- or ten-pound increment you conquer? Or what do you plan to do for yourself when you make your ultimate goal?

I need inspiration!

<Mods please change subject to Need suggestions for mini goal or NSV rewards>

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-06-2014 at 10:02 AM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hey,

Since I'm not too big a fan of shopping for clothes, I've been thinking of other things I'd like to treat myself with. Since I've only lost about 10 lbs so far, I'm not too close to any of my mini-goals, but I'd like to treat myself for every 20 lbs I lose (and slightly bigger things for major milestones like 50, 75 and 100 lbs).

A couple of things I want to do are:

- Different haircut - I have always had medium length hair in a pretty conventional style and always in a ponytail, and I've wanted to cut it really short and colour it for ages but can't muster up the courage, but once I lose a certain amount of weight (on my face mainly) I'm going to do it
- Boots - I'm crazy about boots but many shin-high ones don't fit. I'd love to buy an awesome pair of boots
- Random little things from Etsy and thinkgeek.com
- Spa treatments

My final reward when I hit my goal is going to be a vacation somewhere. I don't know where and it'll depend on how much money I have, but I promised myself I would go somewhere I could do a whole bunch of adventure sports and never have to think twice about whether I'd be able to or not.

That's all I can recall at the moment, but if I think of more I'll post them. Could you perhaps share some of your list as well, because I'm still trying to think of some more
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:35 AM   #3  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I have various things, every 5kg (~11lb) I buy a new nail polish. Large goals it is spa treatments. More than anything I just celebrate with a happy dance and sharing it with people that care.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:55 AM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

For every percent(5s and 10s) I lose, I like to reward myself with a fitness class (in studio barre class I can't normally afford), new fitness dvd or a new tattoo. My first tattoo was 10% lost one and another one I have gotten since was my first 10% lost from losing the regain.

Last edited by Daimere; 01-07-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #5  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Ooo I like these so far. I have tons of ideas for the "biggies" (but I can always use more) AND I need small ideas for rewarding mini goals.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #6  
diamondgeog

I know this is super corny sounding but the journey is the reward. I don't know about others...But losing 60 lbs? Being free from hunger now?

Every minute of every day is better. I move so much easier. I have some much more energy. A clearer mind. And not beholden to hunger anymore. My blood work back in September was much better than before and I am down 20-30ish pounds since then. I bet it is even better now.

I don't have to use my CPAP anymore. My wife reports zero snoring from me now.

There is literally nothing I could think of as a reward that is better than what losing weight does for your life every second of every day once you do it.

That being said I am planning on doing indoor rock climbing some time this year which I never would have done before. Doing a 5K. And I have to buy new clothes because the older ones reached a point where I looked like I was wearing bags.

And yeah even for a guy that is fun.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.