Getting out of the 160's - all ages/diets

You're on Page 14 of 35
Go to
  • Love2b ill find a link where I read that ! Back at 168 today!!
  • Hi there!

I've been trying to read up on what happened here those past few days... no chance, you guys are chatty
    Just kidding, I'm glad this thread is so active!

All this talk about cabbage made me buy some red cabbage today
    I'm just not sure what to do with it, yet. The traditional thing would be to use it as a side dish with potato dumplings or bread dumplings... maybe not the best idea. Ah, we'll see, I'll come up with something

Other than that... do you know any carousel horses who could use a break? I could totally fill in for them. I'm feeling like one anyway: my weight's been going up and down and up and down... and it's all Tom's fault!
    Tom came by for a visit, and whenever Tom shows up my food choices... aren't necessarily ideal. This time Tom brought a friend: the Easter Bunny of Doom. Mint chocolate. It snuck up on me and I... I... I couldn't help it...

Or in other words: it's TOM and I ate the whole darn thing
    Oh well, lesson learnt. I can't have mint chocolate in the house.

That was three days ago. Since then, I got up every morning at five (I'm so not a morning person, takes me forever to be able to do... anything at all) to get in some extra minutes (okay, half an hour) of exercise. That's okay, though, I meant to try and do just that anyway, so I figured now is as good a time as any. But, gosh, why does the morning always have to come that early?

And on that note - I'm off to bed. Good night everyone!

Ah, not yet.
    Just wanted to add: I've also read about that spice thing hhm mentioned. I just can't remember where or what exactly was said. I only remember that it's supposed to help with weight loss. That was good enough for me, seeing as I like spicy food anyway

Oh, and while we are at it, has anyone heard that white tea is said to help with weight loss/"protect" the skin during weight loss? Is there any truth to it or is it just a myth?

Okay, *now* I'm off to bed. No, really. Good night!
  • Quote: Hi there!

I've been trying to read up on what happened here those past few days... no chance, you guys are chatty
    Just kidding, I'm glad this thread is so active!

All this talk about cabbage made me buy some red cabbage today
    I'm just not sure what to do with it, yet. The traditional thing would be to use it as a side dish with potato dumplings or bread dumplings... maybe not the best idea. Ah, we'll see, I'll come up with something

Other than that... do you know any carousel horses who could use a break? I could totally fill in for them. I'm feeling like one anyway: my weight's been going up and down and up and down... and it's all Tom's fault!
    Tom came by for a visit, and whenever Tom shows up my food choices... aren't necessarily ideal. This time Tom brought a friend: the Easter Bunny of Doom. Mint chocolate. It snuck up on me and I... I... I couldn't help it...

Or in other words: it's TOM and I ate the whole darn thing
    Oh well, lesson learnt. I can't have mint chocolate in the house.

That was three days ago. Since then, I got up every morning at five (I'm so not a morning person, takes me forever to be able to do... anything at all) to get in some extra minutes (okay, half an hour) of exercise. That's okay, though, I meant to try and do just that anyway, so I figured now is as good a time as any. But, gosh, why does the morning always have to come that early?

And on that note - I'm off to bed. Good night everyone!

Ah, not yet.
    Just wanted to add: I've also read about that spice thing hhm mentioned. I just can't remember where or what exactly was said. I only remember that it's supposed to help with weight loss. That was good enough for me, seeing as I like spicy food anyway

Oh, and while we are at it, has anyone heard that white tea is said to help with weight loss/"protect" the skin during weight loss? Is there any truth to it or is it just a myth?

Okay, *now* I'm off to bed. No, really. Good night!
    TOM right here too!!! I have been eating horribly today. I just crave sugar and carbs. I ate lunch well, walked 2 miles, ate dinner, then I went and got a mcflurry, now came home and had a sweet coffee drink, UGHHH why!! the mcflurry alone is 610 calories according to MFP. Seriously? What the heck is in this stuff?! I would have eaten 6 of those 100 calorie brownies instead, so annoyed.

I can't wait until TOM is over.

Btw here is the article, not scientific by any means but thought I would share! http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...etabolism.html
  • 166!
    Quote: TOM right here too!!! I have been eating horribly today. I just crave sugar and carbs. I ate lunch well, walked 2 miles, ate dinner, then I went and got a mcflurry, now came home and had a sweet coffee drink, UGHHH why!! the mcflurry alone is 610 calories according to MFP. Seriously? What the heck is in this stuff?! I would have eaten 6 of those 100 calorie brownies instead, so annoyed.

I can't wait until TOM is over.

Btw here is the article, not scientific by any means but thought I would share! http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...etabolism.html
    I know that feeling. Cravings of sugary food and feeling heavy and bloated! UGH! I haven't had it this month yet. It seems like a monthly monster especially when I'm dieting.
    JenteIsving
    Today I'm in at 166.6!!!
    For once I feel I deserved it. I had a soda y'day plus a buttery pie but I made sure I walked and walked and walked y'day. I walked everywhere! I must have done about 6 miles. My body was sweetly sour at the end of the day and I slept like an angel! lol
  • 166.4 lbs today!
  • 167 today! I think part of my fairly rapid loss is because I was above where I normally am for a few weeks (water weight, too) and because I'm still getting over that stomach bug (so I eat a bit less). I'll take it, though.

My new exercise plan got derailed because I wrenched something in my neck. It hurts to breath too deeply, never mind lift weight or walk briskly (or slowly, for that matter). I'll have to sit tight until it gets a bit better. When this happens I tend to push myself and then the muscle gets re-injured, rinse and repeat. So this time I'm trying to wait and see. Hopefully it works.
    ---
    JenteIsving: Welcome to the thread! I'm brand new, too! And yeah, I couldn't keep up either. I agree on TOM and cravings - when they hit, I want salty, sugary, carby stuff. Which is hard to manage sometimes (most times). I'm trying to figure out a system for it, since it's going to be happening for a very long time yet. No dice so far...
  • happy Friday and first day of spring! I know I come on here very sporadically, but I am so busy! Accounting final last night and my brain hurts...off today so going to take a bike ride with DH, a long one.

165 today. I'm up and down a pound but hoping to break through to 164 soon - this sucks! I'm 43 and the scale doesn't do what I say anymore! BOO. The path we are going to ride on is quite a few miles so that will help. I've been getting back in to fitting exercise in lately, but it's still hard working full time and college full time, too. Later tonight I'll do some chest here at home with my push-up bars. Unless I decide to it the gym and do flies, we'll see!!!
  • 166 today! I'm trying to stay the course the get out of the effing 60s. I've far overstayed my welcome and I'm ready to move on!

Syckgirlsfv: Congrats on finishing your final! I hope the bike ride helped with your fried brain! (Or at least my brain felt fried when I took my accounting finals...). For me, the scale rarely does what I say (and I'm in my 20s). But I've been tracking it and when I stay on plan, it does this thing where it drops for a few days in a row, then stays still or even goes up a couple pounds for a few days, then repeat. The result is a net loss, so that works. No idea why it does that, though.
  • LiannaKole the scale is the same with me! It used to just go down continuously...but after 40 it just started laughing at me. LOL. It seems that now 165 is my new norm, and then when I hit 164 it will go up to 165 a few times and then stay down...but that's only if I continue to be good. And my brain was absolutely fried after that final!!! Bike ride did wonders

SO, still 165 today, but I did have two shots of tequila last night and snacked a little, too. Took my CIS final this morning, easy-peazy, had a slice of light swiss between two pieces of sourdough toast with a tiny bit of light mayo and some grey poupon beforehand. Going to do our taxes today (RAWR) and then DH wants to go to lunch to celebrate the end of my Winter quarter. HA! Spring quarter starts in a week!
  • 166.4 but really surprised about it cos I've been partying with friends for a few days now. I hope it won't come back to haunt me!
    Enjoy your Sunday y'all!
    love2b150 were are youuuuuuuuuuuuu?? You're missing!
  • Thanks ladies! I've been a member of this thread for a while, though (just not reporting as regularly as I'd like to and probably should)
    For the past eight pages or so. And for the past eight or so pages, my weight has always, always, always been 165.5. I had seriously started to doubt that there are any other numbers out there, or even known to mankind or something

Buuut then, this morning *big drum roll everybody* the scale read 163.2 - every single time I stepped on it (and trust me, I did. Like ten times in a row. Does that count as some form of step aerobics?)
  • Still 166 today.

Anyone have any common diet advice they ignore?

I have one. You know how everyone says that if you really chew your food and eat slowly that you'll get fuller faster and be less hungry? Well, that doesn't work for me. I tried it and every time I was hungrier faster. And I enjoyed my meals less (not much flavor after you've chewed the crap out of the food).

I do fine if I eat at a slower pace (like 20 minutes for a medium meal), but the super chewing thing doesn't help me at all.
  • Confession time....I have been binging for the past few days. I think I have averaged 3500+ calories each day. I don't know why I have gone out it my way to eat so poorly this weekend but it's gotten out of control. Gonna pass on weighing in tomorrow...instead my plan of attack will be to get back on the horse tomorrow...get back on plan and exercise daily. I plan on my next weigh in to be April 1st and my goal will be a 165 weigh in. I'm sure over the past couple days I have gained about 2lb of actual weight gain...just gonna focus on getting back on track. I hate skipping a weigh in but I know that I'm going to see an inaccurate number due to a bunch of water retention (I can tell cuz my wedding ring is tight..and wasn't before) feel bloated and blahhhhh. Oooo why do we do this to ourselves. :-/ I haven't had this happen since Christmas time and it just sucks. Need more self control!

Good luck this week ladies!! Keep up the great work!!
  • hhm, I meant to commit, or I may have, idk … you look great Keep up the great work Sugar and carbs have been my downfall this go around also. And nothing is sweet enough McFlurry? = all of that delicious cream

JenteIsving, the only thing I know to do with red cabbage is to put it in a salad and I usually pick it out of a bag salad I'm in the same situation with you regarding the up and down, up and down Good job on getting up early to workout I couldn't do it if I tried. I lay in the bed until the last minute . TOM came to visit here also, so not good. Not sure if that was my true reason for poor eating some days or not on 163 I long to see that number I'm very happy for you

thirti4thirty good job on the 166 and good job on all of the walking Thanks for thinking of me … I've been getting in late, reading some but too tired to post I'm hoping to post everyday these last days of March. I need the accountability and I MUST get under 165.6 in order to show any loss for March. Today I weighed in at 167.2 the same as the day before yesterday, smh. Just back and forth same crazy number

LiannaKole, nice weigh in hope your neck is feeling better, definitely sit tight for a while Lianna, that is how I use to lose. It was drop when I did right and then I'd stay at that weight for a moment then it would drop again . I miss that

Syckgirlsvf, LOL on the scale not doing what you want I'm 47 (48 on 4/14) and the scale definitely doesn't move like it use to 4 years ago. It gets harder and harder You have a ton on your plate so be proud of whatever you do. I YOU Celebrate you deserve it 164 has been my low for this month also. Everytime I see it, it's like my body says NOPE you can't go any lower and just like you … I bounce back up. WE WILL DO THIS

tadaponce, I say go ahead and weigh in. You know that it's water weight and when you see that number drop at the next way in you will know that you have regained the control that you know is and has been there. We have our times. I surely do and I have no idea on earth why I eat like I do sometimes. I have even had a great breakfast and lunch and then ruin the entire day with dinner. Who does that? I DO!!!! but I still have hope that I will reach 160-159 by my birthday. I have no idea how but one has got to have hope. WE CAN DO THIS

it is what it is for me … weight 167.2 tomorrow will probably be worse because I wanted bread and caved in. So tomorrow's eating and the remainder of the week will be OP and I will weigh in better (lower than 167.2) on 3/31
  • love2b150 thank you for the kind words! I can't imagine it getting harder, though...argh! My daughter was born on 4/14, too. 1991 - she's going to be 23, and yesterday she was only like, 2. LOL. Have a great evening!