Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

177 today. Trying harder to be intentional about what I eat, my blood sugar has been kind of wonky this week probably because it is apple season here in Michigan. Too much of a good thing, of course in the past that would include girl scout cookies, fudge...so apples aren't too bad.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #482  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

So as far as my weight loss, things are doing great, but boy did I slip up. Overeating by 1000 cals! --and that was me putting a bridle on my eating, because I could have done worse. It is not so much the amount, because I have gone over way more than that before--I just hate when they are unplanned for . So I will be making up for this excess for the rest of the week. Plus I am thinking that I need to rethink my late night pepperoncini eating, because I have this nagging thought that the sodium is just waaay too much. I absolutely love them though, because they keep me from fridge grazing on those days I am up til' the wee morning hours....sheesh...that would be another "addiction" to break ....

Frances123 Congrats on your drop hun!! You deserve that drop, I can't wait for your goal pics!! And to answer your questions, I'm an insurance paper-pusher, health insurance to be exact . Oh! and yes it feels absolutely amazing to be reaping the benefits of this past year, I am gonna cry when I reach goal, I just know it . Then I feel like I can really start working on my fitness goals. That will be a journey all on it's own....

lotsakids Honey! Girl scout cookies get me every time! I don't expect things to be any different this year either . I swear they put crack in those cookies...

Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #483  

Height: 5'7"

Lotsakids...oh, this is a tough season for food! But apples aren't too bad, considering the alternative, like you said. I always do a ton of baking for Halloween (gift boxes mailed to friends/family), and, well, I just do a ton of baking in general in the fall. I don't mind a weekly indulgence, as long as it doesn't get out of control!

MarliQQ - Hopefully your slip-up doesn't affect the scale...or maybe you'll even have a loss, because that happens to me randomly if I sometimes overeat all in one sitting. Glad to hear you're back on track. Hooray for fitness goals! So what are you planning to do once you hit goal? My fitness plan for hitting goal is to pick up martial arts, like jujitsu. I already do TRX and very intense boot camps/spin/kettlebell classes, so there's nothing else for me to pick up, I don't think!

Solid pound down this week at 178. Third week in a row of 1 lb. down. I'm happy that the scale is going down but still sort of wishing to GET THERE FASTER. Oh, well, it'll come!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #484  

Oh, one other thing. Is anyone else FREEZING??? The temps here in the South have dipped into the 60s/70s during the day, which SOUNDS warm, but I'm always shivering! I've always been on the chilly side, but my husband is teasing me for wrapping up in a blanket when it's in the low 70s (but no sun/windy)! I read online that 1) when you are at a calorie deficit; and 2) have lost padding since the last winter, of course you'll feel colder. But phew!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

176.1 lbs today. For those of you who may also think in kilos, i just got out of the 80's (which were even more evil than the dreaded 180's) and am currently weighing 79.9. Yesterday i went out alone and had a baked potato with provolone and soft white cheese (diferent from cream cheese, even softer, it's a brazilian thing). It was huuuuuge and i seem not to have gained anything from it due to exercising and not eating anything other than this at night (i usually have one more meal after dinner). I'll start weight training tomorrow at home, today i'm buying the weights.

Frances, it's the beggining of Spring in Brazil and it's actually kinda cold. I've always felt more cold when i was thinner. Also, i'm one of those people who feels cold at 70 if there's no sun or if it's windy. At 60 i feel cold even if its a sunny day! Losing weight means feeling cold almost ALL the time, at least to me.

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-25-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #486  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

SABOTAGE!!!!!!! I am soooo annoying, just when I got the scale back down to 170 That was just in a two day time frame! Now I am up two pounds again from yesterday --because yesterday, I am all comfy in my sweater on my laptop watching tv, sitting with my dog. I get an unexpected visit at 8pm from people who had naughty intentions before they came in--I caved in to peer pressure got dressed and we headed to Dave & Buster's. So what did I do other than play games and talk mad sh** (I turn everything into a competition)? I drank and ate and drank and ate!!! D&B is so wrong for including alcohol at a destination that looks as innocent as a playground, but alas I did partake. We didn't leave until they closed, so I got home after midnight, knowing full and well I had been bad, and tomorrow's weigh-in would suck. But hey, it's only two pounds, I keep telling myself, considering I ate mozzarella sticks, salty fries, quesadillas, nachos and cheesy spinach dip, some pretzel dogs, and alchy --and yes my *** was sampling like I was at a buffet. I keep telling myself well at least you had fun , but my gosh it would have been nice to have seen a new low on the scale today.

Frances123 I have no idea what my program will look like honestly, maybe you can make some suggestions, I am open to anything. But I do know that one of my goals will be increasing flexibility, I have always wanted to be flexible enough to do full front and side splits. I also want to be able to complete a pull up or a few, you know?? Be able to lift my own body off the ground . And yes I have been cold, but the thing is, I like being cold for some reason, always have, which is probably why winter is my favorite season. I am actually excited for this new winter and holiday season .
Oh! and congrats on another pound! You are on a roll!

Marina Brasil That sounds delicious! I haven't had a good baked potato in a while . And good luck on your new training regimen. Fingers crossed . I hope you get the results you want

Last edited by MarliQQ; 09-25-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #487  

still sitting at 177 today, hoping it drops eventually. I seem to spend the week battling the weekend before.. stuck in a loop. I need one good, not overly busy weekend to stop the madness LOL
Old 09-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #488  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

Finally got back down to 170, getting tired of this decade now, looked at my graph and it looks like I played around too much this month. I don't have to remedy anything though, I just have to STAY ON MY PLAN!
Oh! and on a side note, the midsection that has been the pain in my behind and seemingly shrinking at snail pace, has finally started to cooperate. The stomach is starting to pull in nicely and my annoying back fat has quickly diminished and tightened up to my delight. I am getting so excited to see what I look like at goal, if these great changes happened these past 20lbs. What will the next 20lbs bring???

lotsakids I understand hun . I am entering what I know will be a stressful week in a bit and I know I will need all the breathers I can get. Lately I have been wishing there were more hours in a day. Hey! On the bright side, you didn't bounce into the 180's .

Old 09-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #489  

MarliQQ, oh my goodness! You are on fire! You are practically in the 160s. Congratulations!! You should feel so proud of yourself! I know what you mean about the body changes. My stomach's started pulling in too, and I have nice defined lines above my pooch...I'm pretty sure there are real abs peeking through! Onward to the next decade for you!

Lotsakids, I know what you mean. I give myself an exercise break on the weekends, since my M - F workouts are so vigorous. I need it, but exercise keeps my hunger down, so I'm always STARVING on weekends. I'm going to be paying for this one big time. I had a pretty serious overeating episode yesterday...a huge bowl of almonds and chocolate chips, then tortilla chips, then a bowl of cereal, then a sandwich...this from someone who's cut WAY back on carbs and sugar. I just lost it. Oh, well, back on track today, and hoping for a non-gain this week!

How is everyone else?
Old 09-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

174.1 today. The 180's seemed to take forever but the 170's are going faster. Hope it continues to go this way.

I still have almost half of my jouney ahead of me and i'm already seeing massive changes on my body. I'm back to having a defined face oposed to my neck-and-face combo. My boobs are smaller, which is great, because they were huuuuge (not an exageration). My belly is smaller but it's also weird... i am constantly afraid i'll have a loose skin apron after i lose all my weight but until now my fat apron seems to be smaller. I have stretch marks so i guess there will be no escaping from it, i just hope it's not too bad. I don't want a perfect body, just one i can live with.

I had the most delicious food today and yesterday. Yesterday i didn't exercise and imissed it so much.... who would have thought i'd actually miss it! Lol!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #491  

176.6 today, was better on the eating thing this weekend and even though I did not walk I did do a bunch of yard work. I think the weeds are winning though LOL. Trying to get the yard ready to put to bed for the winter, which despite my sadness over it is going to come whether I want it to or not.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances123 View Post
Oh, one other thing. Is anyone else FREEZING??? The temps here in the South have dipped into the 60s/70s during the day, which SOUNDS warm, but I'm always shivering! I've always been on the chilly side, but my husband is teasing me for wrapping up in a blanket when it's in the low 70s (but no sun/windy)! I read online that 1) when you are at a calorie deficit; and 2) have lost padding since the last winter, of course you'll feel colder. But phew!
It was about 70s here, which is perfect for me - I like it a bit chilly! High 60s to low 70s is my range but it peaked back up into low 80s over the weekend. I didn't get as much exercise in as I would have liked. But this morning was a little cooler!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #493  

You guys are doing great!!

Taking a brief weighing (but not program) break while I jiggle my calories around, hoping to make it two weeks without a scale peek! And then hoping for a great loss!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #494  

Frances- good for you. I am way too obsessive about weighing to take a break.

I am at 174.8 today. To make sure I hopped off and on the scale about 10 times and even moved it around... LOL
Old 09-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #495  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies.

Back up two pounds. Still sabotaging myself . Crazy that I know what is going on and still I am being naughty. I am just having a little trouble right now, that will be resolved once I truly, truly, truly get tired of the 170's. I can do this....but only if I am willing to put in the effort...and I am scared that I might not want to--oh geez I just typed that . Anyways for now, I will be a tad bit naughty for a little while longer, until I decide to get my act together. The end.
Closed Thread