Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Default I don't know why I am stuck

Ok. I know why I've stopped losing weight. It's simple. I'm eating more. That's not what I mean. I don't know why I can't STOP eating more. I keep posting Recommitment Posts and I can't stick to it. I don't know how to get my sticktoitiveness back.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Can you pinpoint when you have the most difficulty? Is it more at night? Or is it all day long? Have you tried to find something else to do? If you know you're not really hungry, could you chew gum? Drink some hot tea? Organize a closet? Are you eating enough protein and fiber throughout the day? Could it be artificial sweeteners that are stimulating your appetite (that can happen to some people)? Are you actually tired? Perhaps you could do some yoga or meditation.

I guess the key is to figure out where your difficulty lies and seeing if you could trouble shoot.

Sometimes, we just need to take a weight loss break. You eat at maintenance for a few weeks and even take a break from working out. Just a little diet vacation. Then, you jump back on track full force.

Everyone is different but I can tell you that I've been where you are and I've ended up gaining all of my weight back so I really feel for you. I don't really have a solution but I do hope you figure it out because it's what makes dieting so difficult.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

This is what helped me ~ Let's say you're going to eat a sandwich...

1. Cut it in quarters. Eat one quarter every hour. The next hour have a glass of milk. The next hour have a healthy snack. The next hour guess what? Is dinner.

2. OR be like a child ~ Eat the meat part of the sandwich one hour, the cheese part the next hour, the bread the next!

Food spacing and the psychology of "I can eat again in less than an hour" works!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkrid View Post
This is what helped me ~ Let's say you're going to eat a sandwich...

1. Cut it in quarters. Eat one quarter every hour. The next hour have a glass of milk. The next hour have a healthy snack. The next hour guess what? Is dinner.

2. OR be like a child ~ Eat the meat part of the sandwich one hour, the cheese part the next hour, the bread the next!

Food spacing and the psychology of "I can eat again in less than an hour" works!
This sounds like a very good idea.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

You've lost a lot of weight and you've just hit a big milestone. That's awesome ... but unfortunately, your body is fighting back. And this time of the year can make things especially difficult.

I just went through a period of overeating and what finally got me off it was high fiber, low calorie and low flavor foods. If I ate my normal diet meal and felt hungry before my next meal, I would let myself eat as much as I wanted of high fiber cereal or plain salad (i.e. no dressing, no added fat).

The fiber filled me up, the blandness separated real hunger from cravings and emotional eating, the low calories allow me to eat my fill without feeling guilty.

For me, it just took a day of eating this way to kill off two weeks of unbearable cravings, and then I was able to go back to my regular diet.

Good luck!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I have the exact same problem. I just eat, even when I know I shouldn't and sometimes when I'm not even hungry. Its not emotional eating. I just eat to eat. I'm trying to fight it, but its extremely hard.

I may try a few of these suggestions myself. Good luck!
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/173/140

Height: 5'3"

I am stuck too! I wish I was at your weight if that makes you feel better. I have been stuck in the 160s and have been maintaining but not losing! it is so frustrating!
madeleine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #8  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefrey View Post
I just went through a period of overeating and what finally got me off it was high fiber, low calorie and low flavor foods. If I ate my normal diet meal and felt hungry before my next meal, I would let myself eat as much as I wanted of high fiber cereal or plain salad (i.e. no dressing, no added fat).

The fiber filled me up, the blandness separated real hunger from cravings and emotional eating, the low calories allow me to eat my fill without feeling guilty.

For me, it just took a day of eating this way to kill off two weeks of unbearable cravings, and then I was able to go back to my regular diet.
This actually sounds like good advice. I'm going to try it. I've been stuck for SO long....
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #9  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Same here, Fluffypuppy. I love all of the suggestions on here!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Thanks everyone. To those of you who are stuck too, it's good to hear from you and hang in there. I was on plan today though I was up two pounds this morning.

Ok so I'm gonna try to pinpoint my problem areas like luckymommy said.

1) 5pm-11pm dinner and snacking
2) giving up on the day when my calories are up instead of doing what I can to salvage the situation
3) weekends at my parents. I tend to treat it as a diet vacation

I'm gonna try

1) eating less before dinner and at dinner so I have the option of snacking
2) thinking maintenance when I can't make a loss rather than going hog wild and considering the day a write off
3) taking my scale to my parents to keep me accountable
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote