Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #1  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Little black dress

My life has been a hectic mess lately. I have been up & down & seen some of the worst of myself & felt as if my entire world was falling apart. Through it all I am getting up, wiping the dust off & going to come out stronger & better for it.

Part of that is with getting back on track with a healthy lifestyle and losing this weight. I have been bouncing all around 200lbs but not dropping it really. I got down to 185 when I started my job but bounced back up to 196 with bad diet choices.

I keep saying oh tomorrow I will do it & then I end up stuffing my face ugh.

Well last week i was shopping with my sister & saw this amazing beautiful little black dress. The type you dream of & imagine your skinny self wearing. It was on sale...75% off! It was a medium (!?@!???) but I tried it on & somehow I was able to get it on. I could not breathe, talk or move but eh those things are overrated lol

If I lose 20lbs I bet it would be great on me. It is right now my goal, my motivation. I want to wear that dress.

At the end of January my husband & i will be reunited (we separated but have worked things out) He hasn't seen me since May. I want to wear that dress & have his jaw hit the ground!

So I have this last week & a half of Oct, then Nov, Dec & Jan to lose at least 20lbs though I would kill for 30.

It is hard. (duh) I am working my first ever full time job in my entire life & I am on my feet the entire time. I come home & want to just pass out. My dog has been great motivation for me to walk & I have the cutest girliest bike ever that I love. But making time & sticking to it has been rough + getting in the proper amount for it to even burn anything.
I long to be a runner but fear has held me back & a huge goal of mine is to start running.
I would also really love to do more strength workouts, thinking of getting a kettlebell.

Food is the hardest. I have such a limited budget & have never had to think so much about money before so it is weird for me. i am going back to counting calories. I am giving up soda. I bought a brita water bottle & will make good use of it. My biggest goal is to knock out all this processed crap & fast food and just eat real food. Lots of veggies & fruit.

Anyways I just wanted to post this and get it all out there. I am excited & happy and looking forward to wearing that little black dress soon.
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Sounds like you have an awesome motive to lose the weight. If I may offer one suggestion, it would be to not go overboard on the "rules" about foods you can't or won't eat. You're in this for the long haul and need your plan to be doable. Just stick to your calorie deficit, move your body, and eat mostly healthy foods and you should be fine.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a cute little top I bought at Urban Outfitters last year, it's strapless and it's so beautiful, but when I put it on I squeeze into it like a sausage and I can't breathe or move. I need to dig it out of my closet and hang it up in plain sight for motivation!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

I have a dress I bought off Amazon to wear to court when we thought we were going to have to go for probate. That got canceled, which was a good thing, because that dress looked horrid on me. I love it though and just need to lose a little bit of tummy for it to look fab!

I agree with Freelance! Just stick to a deficit and get as much extra movement as you can. When your comfortable with that, then start nitpicking I work full time too and up until three weeks ago I was just not in the mood to do anything when I got home aside from couch time with the hubby. Now I don't even sit down until I've done my walk and it's funny how fast I transitioned from couch potato to exercise.

That's a great motivation to stick with things too. You can do this! The harder you fight for something, the better it feels when you succeed.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I wouldn't even worry about the exercise at all, particularly if you are already on your feet all day. I'd mainly focus on eating healthy foods and avoiding the junky stuff.

But if you want to start running, don't let fear hold you back. You might discover it is a great stress-reliever (it is for me)!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

I hung my goal shorts where I could see them EVERY DAY! It works to have a visual and tangible motivation like that.
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote