Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/135/120

Height: 5'3''

WannabeSkinny- I just watched all of the episodes of "The Skinny on Obesity" after reading your post. So interesting, really gave me a different view of food and the effects it has on our body/brain. Thank you!
Cgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKevin View Post
Thank you for your uplifting and mindful post!
Thank you to everyone for sharing such great strategies!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
-- throw away any food I have left of whatever treat made me derail (which is almost always what causes the derail; note I do not belong to the clean plate club )

-- read and post on 3FC.

-- exercise
Haha that's great! Did you chime into the clean plate club thread by any chance?
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgrace View Post
WannabeSkinny- I just watched all of the episodes of "The Skinny on Obesity" after reading your post. So interesting, really gave me a different view of food and the effects it has on our body/brain. Thank you!
Dr. Lustig is a genius if you ask me! His findings have basically changed my life, how I view food and especially how I view sugar! These videos are great motivators!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #20  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I look through my food journal for signs of monotony and slip-ups, and then make notes in the back about what I need to change for the better and why. The food journal has been a daily part of my life since March of 2012, and helps keep me on track by keeping me mindful. I stay honest with it and do not allow myself to skip over anything I eat. I realized that I've been slacking on my vigilance with added sugar lately, using the pregnancy and room for extra calories as an excuse, so I had a talk with the hubby the other night about treats. Thankfully he's very supportive about such things and is putting the kabosh on suggesting dessert stops for a while.

I also look through my Instagram account for motivation. Yeah, that sounds self-absorbed, but it's full of comparison pics, and is a great reminder of how far I've come on the days I find myself frustrated. Last night I posted before and during pics of my pregnancy as a reminder that I'm not getting fatter right now, I'm just gaining baby weight and am still a far cry from when I was 140 pounds heavier. I also try to stay positive with it by posting fun, random things as well as some of the healthy things I like to eat. I also follow a lot of others losing weight and love to look through my feed to get motivation from them.

There's always motivation here at 3FC, so I try to at least lurk daily and post when I can. I still attend my weekly weight loss meetings even though I can't concentrate on losing at the moment.

I also force myself to the gym. My energy is on the low side these days but I make sure to get there at least three times a week. I can't wait until the baby's here and I can start pushing myself again! I've envied all my friends that got to run their first 5K's this year.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #21  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I do two things.

First, I have a bracelet on my right hand that represents how much weight I've lost. I can't reach for food without seeing how far I've come.

I also listen to audiobooks on nutrition and that helps me with my resolve. At the moment I am working my way through "Salt Sugar Fat How the Food Giants Hooked Us." Listening to all the dirty tricks the food industries uses to get us to overeat makes me lose my appetite.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #22  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefrey View Post
I do two things.

First, I have a bracelet on my right hand that represents how much weight I've lost. I can't reach for food without seeing how far I've come.
LOOOOVE the bracelet idea! Love it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Another old(er) thread, but people always need to get back on track, especially in January!

I "binge" on episodes of My 600 Pound Life when I'm getting down to brass tacks. I'm not so bad off, but it's certainly a wake up call.
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote