Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default could use some advice

i havent been here in quite a while, i was battling my demons and needed to get them in check before i could start a exercise program. so for the last 4 months i have been doing tony hortons power 90 videos and i have seen significant weight loss. my only issue now is, why cant my belly fat seem to go away? my arms look good, my chest feels good but my stomach just sticks out and it is starting to depress me. i have changed my diet in ways i thought i would never. i usually have either egg whits for breakfast with wheat toast or maybe a all berry smoothie my nutritionist recommended for me. salad for lunch most of the time, unless i have left overs from the night before. at dinner my plate is always half veggies with small meat and potato portion. is there hope for me? will this go away someday? im lost and confused right now...
Carbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

You've made the biggest decision by changing your diet. That's the most important factor when trying to lose weight/fat. I'm a huge believer in diet makes you lose weight, exercise gets you fit!

Having said that we can't pick where we lose our fat as much as everyone would love that. When I lost my weight the majority of it came off my upper body (above the belly button) to the point where I can hardly grab an inch of fat but everything below is still quite 'padded'.

If you stick with your healthy diet, making sure you're eating at a calorie-deficiet, you will continue to lose fat and eventually it will come for those hard to lose places which for you just happens to be your stomach. Patience and sticking with it is the only thing that will work long term.

Good luck and don't give up.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5'10"

thank you, at least one person wanted to help me...
Carbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I would cut the carb out at night and have a second veggie, you will see a big change in your tummy. Keep up the good work
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I would cut the carb out at night and have a second veggie, you will see a big change in your tummy. Keep up the good work
I agree about cutting the carbs. Look into a low carb/ high fat way of eating. You won't be hungry and you will drop the belly. Maybe check out the Wheat Belly info.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote