3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Losing Weight Has Made Me Want to Get a Divorce (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/285762-losing-weight-has-made-me-want-get-divorce.html)

blueyes1985 08-08-2013 07:14 PM

I love that :)

EagleRiverDee 08-08-2013 07:16 PM

That was an attention grabbing title! LOL. And I understand exactly what you mean! :)

kelijpa 08-08-2013 09:02 PM

Great post and title, it was hard for me to get rid of clothes that were too big this time, especially if it was something that was given to me by someone.

I was wearing the stuff that was too big, too, then I really looked at myself one day and realized how sloppy and just not right I looked and resolved to buy some new clothes, started out with some new pants and then tops. I remember one day at work someone saying to me that's a nice blouse, but too big for you, and kind of woke up.

Although, I will admit wearing some pants yesterday that I didn't realize have gotten too big as well, on the way in to work there's a lot of glass so you have ample chances to see what you look like on the way in, and I thought, these pants are just not good for work anymore...hopefully what I'm buying now will get me through...

thanks for the interesting and thought provoking post!
:sunny:

betsy2013 08-11-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Em Coconut (Post 4808461)
The mental part, that's a hard one. But hopefully you'll be able to throw it in the trash, burn it like a picture of a stupid ex or get rid of it in another suitable way so that nobody is stuck with it :D

Wait! I was supposed to burn the pictures of the stupid ex????? That's my problem. I kept them to remind me of all my bad decisions. I need to purge the reminders and start thinking (believing!!) that I'll make the right decisions going forward......especially where food is concerned!

PostWeddingsmallsize 08-12-2013 01:31 AM

I totally hear this. After losing and gaining the weight back three times I finally got to the point where I gave away all my baggy pants save for one pair and I still have tanks that I wore the first time I got large. I don't know why on earth I hold on to them but like you I'd like to divorce myself from them because I seem to be in the mentality of this is what I wear when I'm heavy. I'm starting to not be able to fit into my jeans again and so that has made me really start to light a fire under my butt about getting back in shape! My calendars are out, I'm starting to change my habits and the food diary is almost back!

RavenWolf 08-18-2013 08:52 AM

This is a great post!!! I can totally relate!

tadaponce 08-18-2013 03:04 PM

You hit the nail on the head! We HAVE to make this a LIFE change and HAVE to let go of the old US! The mental aspect of any lifestyle change is by far the hardest to get through but we CAN and WILL! I find so much determination and willpower by not only how I look BUT always how I FEEL!

Just remember when you look at the old, baggy clothes...remember the person that used to wear them...because that's NOT you anymore....and then let it ALL go....the old you...the old clothes...the old thinking....the old lifestyle....and walk away with your head held high! :-D

geoblewis 08-18-2013 06:19 PM

OMG! You're so dang brilliant! Yes! And for the divorce after party, burn stuff!