3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Losing Weight Has Made Me Want to Get a Divorce (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/285762-losing-weight-has-made-me-want-get-divorce.html)

betsy2013 08-04-2013 10:39 AM

Losing Weight Has Made Me Want to Get a Divorce

Legally, this divorce is going to be hard to obtain since I want to divorce myself. I want to divorce the part of me that every time I finally get to a new decade and see that number go down, I think that means that I can have all sorts of stuff that I don't need -- and in some cases don't even want. I want to divorce the me that still is obviously in the thinking mode that once the weight is off that I can go back to eating the way I did before. Talk about DUH -- that's how I got in this predicament. And I want to divorce the me who even though I'm down four pants sizes and can easily fit into pants that I haven't worn in years, I still have the old too big/too baggy pants AND STILL WEAR THEM!

So I think I'll sit down and write up a property settlement and the terms of the divorce. The charities will get the no longer wearable clothes, but I'm not sure anyone should be stuck getting my warped thinking. But, this is one divorce that I'll be happy to have go through.

stimkovs 08-04-2013 11:01 AM

that's an awesome peice there betsy! really enjoyed reading it.

while divorcing your old clothes is hard- think of the mental clarity and breathing space in your closet as a reward at the end of that!

(guess i should take my own advice sometimes).

lazylioness 08-04-2013 11:05 AM

This could be me! I do te same exact things! Especially the clothes thing!

My 40th birthday is in 9 days, and it looks like I will hit my first major goal..50 lbs! I think, I will treat myself to some new jeans.

wannaskipandlaugh 08-04-2013 11:11 AM

Betsy... LOL You have got it! I love your idea.... Thank you for sharing... I too have old, bigger clothes that just are TOO big and need to toss and the idea in the back of my head to hold on to them Just in Case I fit them again IS Crazy! I agree Divorce that part of the mind! Mantra! Thank you!

betsy2013 08-04-2013 01:58 PM

Glad I could make others smile.....I'm somewhat grimacing over getting this thinking under control. I'm to the point where I think the mental part of breaking the habits of a lifetime is the truly hard part.

Mozzy 08-04-2013 02:59 PM

Good for you Betsy!!!!

SeeMyFeet 08-04-2013 03:12 PM

ooooOOOOOooooo you got me there!

I agree, the mental part is the most difficult. I love the fact that this site has active maintainers who lost their weight some time ago yet keep posting. Proof that good habits can stick. Inspiring.

Maybe we should re-name ourselves? Go back to our "maiden names"? (FYI--I don't like that "maiden name" terminology. I prefer "real name" ha)

You've lost almost 70 lb in no time flat!!! Wow!!!! You GO!!!!!! :carrot:

Em Coconut 08-04-2013 07:36 PM

I was a little sad when I saw the thread title....But then the content made me really smile..I like the way you're thinking! Someone once told me that holding on to the too big clothes is one of the worst things you can do - it gives you an "excuse" to slide right back into them.

The mental part, that's a hard one. But hopefully you'll be able to throw it in the trash, burn it like a picture of a stupid ex or get rid of it in another suitable way so that nobody is stuck with it :D

Good luck with the self-divorce, you deserve the best!

Lemondrop01 08-05-2013 12:27 AM

What a great idea! I think I need to do this as well. :)

betsy2013 08-06-2013 10:25 AM

As always, it helps so much to know that I'm not alone in my thinking -- something I would never discuss before 3FC because I was certain that I was the only person who was going through this. I've put cleaning out the closet of the too big clothes on my to do list for when I come back from camping. Once it's on the to do list, it will get done. Talk about the mental side......somehow I think that not doing something on the to do list makes me a lazy person. :dizzy: (Of course, I am sometimes, but I hate to admit it!)

astrophe 08-06-2013 11:03 AM

Losing isn't so bad to me. Maintaining? That's harder. Ugh.

Thanks for the post!

A.

Radiojane 08-06-2013 11:35 AM

Great post Betsey!

It's so hard to remember that you have to do this FOREVER. I hit my one year anniversary of dieting this week, and I was on vacation, so I was off plan. All it took was two days of feeling like dirt and a tightening waistband to remind me that I needed to shape up!

Wannabehealthy 08-06-2013 01:49 PM

Betsy, It scared me a bit when I read the title until I realized what type of divorce you were talking about. It's a very good idea. Writing up that divorce agreement would make it more real. Don't forget to add a PFA for the pounds that are gone. You don't want them to ever come back!!

PreciousMissy 08-07-2013 04:15 PM

Boy can you write a tag line Betsy! :lol3:

Thanks for the reminder that this isn't just a physical transformation, it's a mental one.

Snoooze 08-07-2013 04:34 PM

This is a great post, certainly got a lot of peoples attention