Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 03:49 PM   #16  

Wow, I popped in the a.m. and then when I got home I did again and could not believe it, you all were chatty today. That makes me so so so so happy. Love to see people coming to get encouragement and lend it too.

Food is pretty good here, just still need the good kick in the butt for the exercise....ugh, why is that part so hard for me? It will come, it did before, it will again.

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 06-11-2003, 05:45 PM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Ok...if we're being totally honest.

I will be totally honest.

I did wonderful while I was at work. I had a Quaker oatmeal breakfast bar for breakfast with half an apple. For lunch, I had a can of Campbell's Select with 12 fat free crackers and 1/2 my water for the day.

I got home and at a grilled chicken sandwich and some ramen noodles. <<First mistake. Then, got mad at myself and at some yogurt raisins. The WHOLE bag. Don't worry though....it was my last bag and they will not be brought into this house again.

I promised you guys that I would be accountable to you, and I have been. Even though I was ashamed and embarassed to let you guys know that I failed yet again today.....I didn't lie to you. Even though I'm embarassed, I will not lie to you guys. I won't come on here and post something that's not the truth. I'm not going to tell you that I will be perfect everyday, but I do promise you that I will try. Which is more than I did today. I just let myself get too hungry, that's all. I am going on vacation in aproximately five weeks and I would really like to get at least 10 lbs off of me by then.

(As a sidenote, TOM started today....so I am hungry enough to chew the doors off the hinges)

Ok, I promised them...so here are some pictures of Ron. (the true love of my life)

Last edited by QueenB; 06-11-2003 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:28 PM   #18  

Hi all!

Nothing new here; food ok - got too hungry around lunchtime and went to McD's - got a 6 piece McNuggets and a Bacon Ranch chicken salad and drank water. This wasn't too bad except for the sodium. I spent the morning at the library and got caught up in the computer and the magazines (I like to read magazines). I was out of my sleep routine today, had to be up at 8AM (after getting to bed at 3:30AM) to wait for the plumber. He left around 9:30AM and I didn't go back to bed until 3:30PM. I hope I can make it through work tonight.

I just met the new pathologist - !!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:14 AM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies -
I don't have time to post because I'm in the midst of getting ready for work. I just wanted to save our little thread from sinking off the page!

I already did a mile on the treadmill this morning!

Talk to you later! Sorry I missed chat last night - I was feeling horrible. TOM does that to me.

Barb
Old 06-12-2003, 07:18 AM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning
Nice chatting with Sandy and Connie last night
Have a good day
Old 06-12-2003, 07:41 AM   #21  

WISHING EVERYONE A NICE ON YOUR PLAN THE BEST YOU CAN DAY!!!!!

Back to Thankful Thursday.....
1. All my friends here on 3fc, that will stick by you no matter what!
2. My family (always)
3. There are so many more things......but I got the first two in and that covers a wide area in my life....

Hugs to you all,
Sandy

PS) I forgot.......TINA: OH, A MAN IN A TUX, DON'T IT JUST MAKE YOU DROOL.....HE LOOKS LIKE A KEEPER!!!

Last edited by peekabooangel; 06-12-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:44 AM   #22  

Okay girls, yesterday I reported that I was going to get back on the band wagon, and start losing this weight, I should have said starting TODAY. I was so bad yesterday, but I think I got it out of my system and am ready start this new way of life once again.

I was on a major carb binge, okay even though this will explain why I weigh almost 300lbs I will tell you what I ate.
Breakfast, 2 danish's ( and they are big danish's )
Lunch, We had a BBQ at work, 1hamburger and bun, some macaroni salad, and some marinated veggie salad, and some pickles.
Snack, now this is gross, Had my two pieces of pizza that I brought for lunch, ( didn't know we were having a BBQ ) and a cream filled donut, 2 popsicles ( their not to bad only 45 cals, no fat).
Supper I had 2 baked potatoe's smothered in butter and sour cream.
Snack, half a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese.

So yesterday I ate like a pig, but today is a new day, and a new start and I will behave, for breakfast I had a half a whole wheat bagel with some light peanut butter. Lunch, is a frozen dinner, Fettuccini alfredo, ( it's not low fat, but as long as I behave till supper that's all right ), not sure what I'm going to have for supper yet.

Anyway's I should get back to work,
Toodle's
Old 06-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!
I hope everyone is having a good day - it is very quiet around here.

Duckie - I'm so glad to see you posting and letting us know how you are doing --- good, bad and otherwise, I think it helps to get it off your chest. You realize that you made poor choices yesterday and today you are making improvement --- one day at a time! You were strong enough to lose nearly 50 pounds --- you can keep going!

I'm having a pretty good day here! A little tired from not getting a good night's sleep. Food's pretty good - TOM is still bothering me with munchies and cramps. If I can get through today I should be ok. I am planning on exercising again tonight when I get home. The Amazing Race is on - I think I'll walk on the treadmill while I watch it. I made an appt. today with my OB/Gyn - I've been putting it off for months and finally picked up the phone and called - I go on the 27th. Some of you know that I avoid the Doc at all cost, but I've got to do this!

I have to leave work early for an eye doc appt. It's my one-year check up for the laser surgery I had last summer. Hopefully he says the 20/20 vision stuck. I wonder how Sara is doing after her surgery --- Hint, hint --- Sara if you are reading this please let us know how you are doing! We miss you!

Back to work for now! Talk to you lovely ladies later!
Barb
Old 06-12-2003, 02:18 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Oh - Tina, I forgot to mention how dashing your Hubby looks all spiffied up in his tux --- of course you already know that!

I hope you are having a great day! I know yesterday was a tough one! Keep us posted!
Old 06-12-2003, 03:19 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Glad to see that at least some of you are still hanging out over here. Geez, did we lose a few or what???? Just because it's summer, don't think you can hide out. Get the butts back in here. Besides, for alot of us, summer hasn't kicked in yet so it CANNOT be used as an excuse!!! For us here, we've had more ran than nice weather and the temps have not once reach 80 degrees yet. Not that I'm waiting for that to happen. I am soooo Bi^c%y when it's hot, of course, I'm pretty Bi^c%y when it's not too! Just ask my honey.

Anyway, I'm being very lazy. It is so nice to have a moment to myself that I'm not really getting anything accomplished.

I do have stuff all over the dining room table though because I am stuffing little goodie bags once again for the guys in my son's Fraternity. If you haven't heard the story yet, my youngest is in a Fraternity at school and ever since he first got there I send a little bag of goodies for each of the guys at Halloween, at Christmas, at Easter and again now for finals. So that stuff is all bought and laid out up there for me to get packing. His finals are all next week so I want to get the box packed and sent by tomorrow.

I'm going to run. I hope to see you all later. BTW, Welcome back, Mel. Hope you'll be around more often. I did get to chat last night but too late for everyone but Dixie. Sorry about that.

Love you all.

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love." - Henry Drummond
Old 06-12-2003, 03:56 PM   #26  

Hi All! Met Thinthinker in chat last night and we talked about this thread. Got room on the bandwagon for me?

I'm 32 and about 325lbs. Not too sure what the weight is because the scale is on the fritz. Going to go buy a better one today! Hmmmm, what else? I found the 3fatchicks board about a week ago. I'm hoping to lose about 150 lbs. Think I was 12 last time I was under 200...pretty sad.

I have a back injury that is my main motivator for the diet/change. Phrase, "use it or lose it", is true. Right now I have difficulty riding a stationary bike for 10 minutes but I'm scared if I don't do something I won't be able to walk anymore.

That's about it for now.....

Thinthinker...promise to get the recipe asap. Just haven't talked to my mother yet.

Deb
Old 06-12-2003, 06:31 PM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!
The eyes checked out a-ok, I'm seeing 20/15 a year after the surgery. He wanted to dialate my eyes and I told him I'd have to come back when Jeff is around to drive. I didn't want to drive home after that.

Thin - That is so sweet that you do goodie bags for the college boys! I was in a sorority and I know we would have all loved our moms to send goodies. You are such a sweetheart!!!

Deb - WELCOME!!!! I've only been around for a couple months and I love this group of women!!! I am 33 - as of this past Tues., been married for 9 years, and have 3 dogs --- my littlest one is in my avatar! I've also had a life-long battle with weight --- I've been really working at it since February and so far so good - I'm not following any specific plan - just being sensible and exercising as much as I can. I don't go to weight watchers but I do count the points as a guideline! Everyone here does their own thing, but the important thing is that we are all here for each other! I hope you will hang around and get to know us!

Well, I need to get in my exercise and find something to make for dinner! I'll check back in later!
Barb
Old 06-12-2003, 06:35 PM   #28  

Deb: Welcome to this little corner of 3fc....these woman are some of the best. You will get great support here.

Barb: Glad the eyes checked out for you.

Hope everyone is having a marvy day.

Hugs,
Old 06-12-2003, 07:25 PM   #29  
a work in progress...

Hey all...

I'm on the run, as usual...son has a ball game @ 8. It is HOT out there, and humid! I'm working tonight too.

Heat makes me B$@&y too, Thin...that's why my AC is running already.

Welcome aboard, Deb!

Gotta run...

Play Ball!!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:37 PM   #30  

How are you all this evening?

I enjoyed being in chat with Mary and Thin last night.

Tina - your hubby is a hotty ; I love to see a man all dressed up.

Deb and Mel - I am new to this thread; only been here maybe a couple of weeks; I have been overweight all of my life; I recently hit my highest weight but I don't know what it was since the scales at my doc's only go to 350. I was diagnosed a type 2 diabetic in March, so that was my wake up call to put the brakes on the food. I have since lost at least 14 lbs (on doc's scale). I am watching my carbs, only allowed a certain number a day. I try to limit my carbs to healthy ones instead of using them on candy, cookies and such. It was hard at first because I am a sugarholic, but now it isn't so bad; I can now have a very small bite of chocolate and be satisfied. You just have to be patient and give it time.

Well, I thought about getting out the exercise bike today, maybe tomorrow I will actually do it. I did take a walk in the parking lot last night though it was only one lap.

That's all for now, gotta get to work. Check back later.

Closed Thread