Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5"6

Default Captain's Log: Day 20 Without Losing an Ounce

Captains's Log:

Still have not seen scale move since May 19th, 2013. Lowering calories to 1200 may have resulting in deep orbit around Planet Weight Loss, circling over and over again from 171.0 to 169.0. Measurements have not budged either.

Salt levels have been steadily, workouts have improved, calories have been increased, and have been on plan to a "T" the entire time.

Growing increasingly pessimistic will ever return to Planet Weight Loss. Rather, am starting to feel like a planet myself.

Captain out.
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Coming off a three month stall (which after a few pounds last month looks very likely to start over this month), I get where you're coming from. You're going to have to play around with everything until you figure it out. You're also fairly close to goal, which makes everything slower too.

Good luck!!!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I was in a 6 week stall earlier this year. IT SUCKED! My doctor recommded a "re-boot" of my body and our bodies become insanely adoptive over time. He told me to eat whatever I wanted (within reason and under 1800 calories-or within my MBR) for 5 days. He warned that I would see a slight increase but once the 5 days passed, to go back on plan and I would see my weight loss kick off again. I saw a 3 pound gain in those 5 days, but when I went back on plan, I dropped 8 and have been moving downward since.

I by no means know if his theory is true, but it worked for me.

Good luck!!!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #4  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Zoe's mom is on to something. I have on occasion taken a "break" for about a week that has kick started me.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #5  

Thanks to both of you for the tips! If I can see others persevered mentally, then I know it can push on! It's just wierd not knowing if I am doing the right stuff to bust through.

As of lunch time, I've eaten 1250 calories out of 1800 for the day. With my workout, that'll be 1500 netted for the day. It's hard eating so much more than I am used to but hey, so long as i feel healthy!

Sometimes when i allow myself to consume more calories, i find I eat less-healthy food. I work in an Aboriginal school and today was bannock and jam day. I've said no since January (it's really a lard tea biscuit...need i describe how good it tastes?) but i said yes today. Part of me hopes that's the right call, as i need to up my calories, but I know I need to infuse healthy calories too!

It's a good thing weight loss isn't mental or anything...
Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Just persist. We cannot control the scale, only behaviors. Stalls, true stalls, do happen. But unless you're in energy balance time WILL solve it, guaranteed. How much time is really the variable there
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #7  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Love your thread!!!! LOL gave me a great chuckle at work... Funny mind you have!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
...We cannot control the scale, only behaviors...
Love it.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #9  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

I stalled for nearly TWO YEARS!!
I can tell you that it just about drove me insane and I went to see a nutritionist at the hospital who, after looking at my recorded menus for the past week then told me not to bother to try any more!
After much deliberation at the start of this year, I decided to stop taking the very strong pain killers that I was prescribed, force myself to take some exercise even though it was very minimal, have a deep tissue massage every week and go on a low carb diet. Thankfully it has resulted in my weight beginning to drop again slowly but surely!
On the occasion that I have increased my calorie intake, usually by having a treat or two, it has resulted in a bit of a gain which has soon gone again after a day or two. So jogging the metabolism into working does work too.

Last edited by emaline29; 06-08-2013 at 12:11 AM.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Hw277/183/167/155

Height: 6'2"

LMAO, "lard tea biscuit"... my mouth immediately watered.

And I enjoyed your captain's log style post! Very clever.

Also, maybe it's water? Like you know how you can lose 10lbs of water really fast? Maybe you lost water and now you're gaining it back but you're also losing fat at the same time? So it looks like the numbers aren't moving?
NeeneeKhaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

OMG I am soooo with you right now! I know we have discussed this in other threads too, but just today I am back down to 147.0 which is what I was stalled at for last month. At the time I was soooo sick of seeing the same number everyday.

Then I got TOM weight and it went up.

JUST today came back to my 147.0 and I was happy to see that. LOL

I did increase my eating for a couple days and now I'm back down to normal low cal, so we shall see.

My ring is very loose again today, twirling around my finger annoyingly like it does when I am currently not fat fingered.

Now I am hoping to see a lower number soon.

Hope does spring eternal.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #12  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

*salutes*

Northern! That sucks I feel your pain, May just wasn't happening for me at all. I couldn't get past 189, no matter what. Sooo... As of this month, I ditched the daily weighing, and decided to weigh in "when I feel like it". Which I did just now.

188!

Conclusions of experiment: trying too hard can be as detrimental as not trying at all. Maybe your body is going "seriously... 1200 calories?! Wtf, dude?!". Enjoy your 1800! As long as you stay below maintenance, that might just get your body to be nice to you again

Personally, I've thrown the scale back in the cupboard for now! Here's to relaxing about it It's good for hormone balance. And what's good for hormone balance is often good for fat loss!

*salutes again*

Enjoy your shore leave, captain
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

I was at a 169.8-171 stall forever!! I decided to cut out bread for a week just to see what would happen. I lost 1.5 pounds without any other change. So, for me low carb seemed to jump start my plateau.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #14  

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Shiv, I've ditched the scale for now a TOM is coming and it's hiding in my cupboard, like yours.

Jennifer, glad to see you burst through! Hmmm maybe I could try that...but I am not sure if I could sustain low card!

Still no change as of this morning....come on, body!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

NorthernChick: Believe me, I never planned on sustaining low carb, but I was so frustrated with being stuck I had to try something drastic! So a week without bread (I ate other carbs like brown rice), and I broke my plateau. I have already started eating bread again, although I'm just eating one piece of sprouted grain bread toasted with peanut butter for breakfast this week. I love carbs and am trying to figure out a good balance I can live with while still dropping 1-2 pounds a week. I am learning and adjusting every day.

Last edited by Jennifer1966; 06-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote