Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Default Ugh... I really did that

So yesterday my hubby had a miserable day at work and all he wanted was pizza. So we ordered pizza. We couldn't agree on a topping so we ordered two (first mistake lol) I figured I would have a couple slices and salad, save a couple slices for today's lunch, and send the rest with him for lunch...

Ahhhh I always have such good intentions... i need to learn to STICK to them

What really happened... I ate the whole darn pizza... I'm not even going to write the caloric value... I did look it up... just not before I ate it (mistake 2?) I've tracked long enough I knew that 2 slices would put me right at my daily limit and the salad may push me slightly over and I was ok with that prospect, but I just kept going... and after the first slice it didn't even taste all that great, it was just there.

Haven't weighed this morning yet, i may not be up from the sodium but I will be by tomorrow if I am not yet.

Today's plan: lots of veggies and water to start flushing the sodium.

Future plan: Discussed with the hubby in the midst of 'what did I just do' moping last night, in the future we order ONE pizza, we take turns choosing toppings and sauces (he likes extra sauce), and i get my two slices and he gets the rest.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Have you tried making homemade pizza? You can use 90 calorie flatout bread, tortillas (I use high fiber) or store bought pizza dough, and you can control the toppings on your own individual pizzas.

I've even make Thai chicken pizza, buffalo chicken pizza, Mexican style pizza, and BBQ chicken pizza along with the "regular" variations.

Yum! Often I end up with an entire small pizza to myself for under 300 calories.

I love making the appropriate serving size and not having any more to go back to pick at. Plus, there is something satisfying about having a pizza all to yourself

Last edited by Munchy; 04-25-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

My BF and I will get different toppings on each half of the pizza. Just about everywhere still considers it one topping so there isn't an extra charge. It's also a great way to limit how much of the pizza I'll eat since I don't like his toppings.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #4  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Been there, done that. Always with the intention to have leftovers for the next day. Somehow my hand just keeps shoving it into my face (what do they say about idle hands again... )

Two pizza's is a bad idea, I too have learned that the hard way! Will your pizza place let you order half one kind and half another? Lots of places will do that for you!

Munchy has the right idea with making your own pizza. I have plans of making a bbq chicken pizza with leftover rotisserie chicken and some Naan bread!

Don't beat yourself up too much Good plan with the water and veggies to flush your system out!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

the good thing is that you've got a plan for today, so you can get right back on track, and you've got a plan going forward.

When I get pizza for my son (it's not on my plan at all for now), I serve him and then package up the rest of it into individual slices and put in the freezer.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Been there. Done that. I finally convinced my husband to not order anything for me and get the pizza I don't like. Then the roommate started ordering for me. Uhm. No. Not helping!

Anyways, I finally have them both understanding that I can turn down just about anything BUT the pizza, so don't even dare to tempt me with it. They order for themselves and don't even ask me if I want any. When it arrives, I am a tad bummed, until I see the gross toppings they like, and then I meander into the kitchen and whip up something yummy for me...like Big Mac in a Bowl or Zucchini Apples. Let them have their greasy heart attack waiting to happen. I'm absolutely a-ok with not having it. It sucked at first, but now, bring it on! I don't even like the smell now

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I have made my own pizzas using tortillas or english muffins etc. But usually we will go to a local place that sells single serving pizzas that I can get myself a 10 inch for under 600 cals which is about what I have left for my dinner. He just really wanted dominos lol

The problem with half and half is he likes extra sauce and I usually find it too much sauce, i dont think they can do half and half on sauce like that. But if I'm not loving the pizza because it is too saucy then I wont eat much... in theory...

It always a learning curve I guess lol

Zoesmom... good for you! thats kinda funny you convince your hubby so the roomie started ordering for you *palmface* but sounds like you got it figured out now!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/264/200

Height: 5'10"

Default One day won't ruin things... as long as you don't give up

Well, it sounds like you have a plan. One day won't ruin all of your progress so far. I figure that 1 days splurge costs me about 2 days of weight loss, but that's nothing compared with what you've accomplished so far and continue to accomplish. Congratulations on getting right back on the program. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
Future plan: Discussed with the hubby in the midst of 'what did I just do' moping last night, in the future we order ONE pizza, we take turns choosing toppings and sauces (he likes extra sauce), and i get my two slices and he gets the rest.
DianeM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

It's funny, we don't have the leftover pizza problem over here because we have so many kids so that's not even an option! If there WAS some leftovers, the 13 year old devours them in no time. LOL

So it was one oops. Just dust yourself off and keep on keepin on!
Mama2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I did pretty much the same thing at lunch with my nephews yesterday. I couldn't stop. Some foods are just not built for self control.

I agree. One minor oops in the grand scheme!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Pizza is my kryptonite, I avoid or limit to one piece "unless it's this place in Fl that they don't have in SC then I eat what I want" four pieces is the most I can put down or my stomach revolts and it's all coming back up.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I have done that before... we've all overate on something, if not pizza. I think overeating can be a good thing if we can learn and grow from it. My boyfriend and I order one pizza, but I always eat a big salad first. I also put in my calories before I eat. Makes me pause before that next slice. But that's just me. Everyone is different.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #13  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

All I have to say is:

Extra sauce? Bleck!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
All I have to say is:

Extra sauce? Bleck!
hahah! That was my take-away, too.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Many places will do a half and half pizza, so you can get one pizza and each of you would have a half with your toppings.

Making your own pizza would mean less calories, better taste and EXACTLY what you want!

Don't beat yourself up to bad...it's not a daily thing. Just dust yourself off and continue on!!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote