3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weight Loss Patterns- Do you have one? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/279227-weight-loss-patterns-do-you-have-one.html)

Cali Doll 04-08-2013 01:01 PM

I lose for 1.5 / 2 weeks and then I gain or maintain the week before TOM. Then sometime during the week of TOM, I have a little catch-up loss (release of retained water) or I have a nice woosh (of water and some fat).

As a daily weigher, the week before TOM is a really difficult time for me. I'm snacky and I'm gaining (or not losing). It's so emotionally trying for me!

200poundquest 04-10-2013 03:51 AM

I tend to lose my normal rate for two weeks, then gain a small amount or stay the same for a week, then gain a larger amount for a week and then drop a large amount and then repeat.

The gains generally occur around TOM and i'm sure are hormone related water retention for the most part.

I just try to not get to wrapped up with the scale numbers and focus more on whether or not I'm hitting my other goals.

Em Coconut 04-10-2013 07:22 AM

The way it is right now, I lose maybe half a pound from the last lowest weight, and then from the day after I fluctuate within a 1.5 pound range for a few weeks, and repeat....I'm not in a big hurry, but this is just too painfully slow. Doing some tweaks now, hoping it changes :)

mimsyborogoves 04-10-2013 09:35 AM

Typically, and I did it again this past month and I'll probably do it again to hit goal, but my weight loss was always in relation to my period. Have my period, have a woosh, maybe lose another pound or two right after my period, then I'll hold steady and might shoot up a bit right before my period, and then I'll woosh again and the cycle starts again. Sometimes it frustrates me, but I kind of enjoy watching 5lbs come off at one time every month, lol.

IanG 04-10-2013 09:47 AM

I have looked at this again using the app on my phone. I have a really strange pattern. I tend to gain weight one day every week! In fact it's so regular I should be able to predict it. The other days I lose a little bit, sometimes with a big bang on the weekend.

Silverfire 04-10-2013 10:04 AM

This is my graph since January. I think I see a bit of a trend here. The first month, I tracked sporadically and since then it has been Daily. You can kinda see where I started going to the gym in the middle of March, the weight loss leveled out a bit. I like the charts and graphs. They are so much more visual than plain old numbers. :D

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...uR1y4&sadssc=1

lilybug02 04-10-2013 11:06 AM

I tend to maintain or bounce around the same 2 lbs from Tom to ovulation. Then I lose pretty steady from after ovulation to the start of my new cycle. So about 20 days out of the month I'm not losing much but the last 10 days is pretty fun.

Roo2 04-10-2013 11:57 AM

My patterns of losses probably are the most unusual!
After every Holiday....I drop weight.:dizzy:

I have stated OP throughout all the holidays.....so I guess the universe is balancing things out for me ! LOL!:dizzy:

Has happened after all holidays ,birthdays and events I have attended!

I have tried not to let my weight loss train get derailed....and it has worked for me. I do not feel deprived at all! Just have the resolve to get it done!
For me staying Laser Focused is the key!:carrot:
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

thnknthin1 04-10-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilybug02 (Post 4700806)
I tend to maintain or bounce around the same 2 lbs from Tom to ovulation. Then I lose pretty steady from after ovulation to the start of my new cycle. So about 20 days out of the month I'm not losing much but the last 10 days is pretty fun.

^^^^THIS!!