Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Why?

It is 8 a.m. and I am already off track! I keep telling myself the day isn't shot and I can get back on track but part of me says nope it is shot do what you want ! What to do ? Hopefully I can get back on track!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Don't give up! You can get yourself back on track! It's that little voice that tries to tell you to just give up that causes so many problems for many of us! (been there!!!) You need to be the bigger voice, that says screw you negative nancy, I am tired of being overweight, I am done and I am going to do whatever I can to get myself to where I want to be!

It's hard and you won't always win those internal struggles (*Ahem* totally binged on way to much pizza last night to the point where I was convinced I was going to have a heart attack, not even kidding) but just remember that each good choice you make will bring you a little bit closer to success. Make your good choices out number the bad

Good Luck!!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Skip lunch.

That way you're not just back on track but doubling down!

Last edited by IanG; 04-04-2013 at 09:44 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Skip lunch.

That way you're not just back on track but doubling down!
This may not work for some. If I skip lunch, I would be ravenous and eat even more than I had already.

I'd eat sensibly and move on. There's no reason to continue to spiral out of control the rest of the day. So you took a small step off the "path". It doesn't mean you have to strip off all your clothes, run naked through the forest yelling "I'm lost! I'm lost!" Just get the foot BACK on the path and keep moving.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 04-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

You made a bad choice, no problem make better choices for your mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. I wouldn't encourage skipping meals, but rather add in a protein shake with veggies added. Eat a lot of vegetables today and water. Tada, back on track.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #6  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

What would you tell another 3FC member to do? Would you tell them to go ahead and stay off track for the rest of the day and just restart tomorrow? Or, would you tell them they didn't "blow" it because they recognized first thing in the morning they had gotten off track and need to get back on?
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone so far so good. I can't skip a meal I would get sick shaky and dizzy!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I would not recommend you skip a meal but eat something pretty healthy (if you do not usually do this). That way.. you can make up for the calories from this morning. Have you tired special K cereal? I eat that for lunch and breakfast.. it keeps me full. If you need a little more eat some fruit with it. I used fat free milk and I also measure it out. There are tons of healthy choices out there... you can keep on track. Just tell that little voice to go away!
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #9  
love machine!

S/C/G: 167/130.2/120

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, use it as your cheat this week? I don't know what your schedule is like. But sometimes when I slip, I say, "ok-- that was nice. What a treat! No more treats until the next time (next week, twice a week, whatever you do)" Just work your ideal schedule around that and stay a good girl for the next few days.
OR do some extra exercise! The other day I was being so good, I ran like 4 miles, but then my friend bought me this big basket of fries. Can't turn that down!!! So I ate them all. Oopssss..... I wasn't planning on running back, but after my greasy fries settled, I made up for them by running home!

Last edited by om namah shivaya; 04-04-2013 at 11:20 AM.
om namah shivaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I pre-plan and pack my meals and snacks and it makes it super easy for me to stick to it, but there are times when I unexpectedly go off plan (like when our on-site chef came into my office yesterday with tuna tartare and avocado mousse or last week when he delivered salmon, brussels sprouts, and Israeli couscous salad).

Yesterday, it worked out because that tartare wasn't too calorie dense and I was full enough that I didn't reach for a snack.

Last week, I ended up throwing out half of the salmon meal, calculating the calories, and adjusting my dinner plans in my journal so that I cut a few calories off of my dinner.

Is there any way you can do that? I have a few go-to meals that are very low calorie and more filling.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #11  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

If you drop a dish and break it, do you then take out all your other dishware and throw it on the floor too? If you trip going down the stairs, do you think to yourself, "Eh, climbing the stairs is shot now" and throw yourself down?

You can't let what has already happened define (and strangle) your present and future choices. It's hard to let go of that wiring, but very worth the effort.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
If you drop a dish and break it, do you then take out all your other dishware and throw it on the floor too? If you trip going down the stairs, do you think to yourself, "Eh, climbing the stairs is shot now" and throw yourself down?

You can't let what has already happened define (and strangle) your present and future choices. It's hard to let go of that wiring, but very worth the effort.
What a great way to approach it!

I was always a "well I went off plan so today is shot" kind of person, regardless of how early in the day it happened. Looking back I now realize how much damage I did to myself.

So JustB, I'd shake it off and get back in the saddle...immediately. And be proud of yourself for doing so.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #13  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

One meal at a time! What happened, happened, now focus on "now".
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #14  

JustB don't give up you probably blew it off in the AM but you can still keep on tack after this. Drink more water than your usual and if you are excersising then do more time if you keep blowing off the day tomorrow you will retreat it and you will be more behind. See it this way. You ate 700 calories for breakfast if you continue blowing it off all day you can eat another 700 for lunch and 700 for dinner That would be 2100 calories tomorrow you will see 1000 more calories (just guessing you should be having 1100 this may not be the case just throwing number out there) anyhow my point is you can do it girl don't give up
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #15  

Thanks everyone. I know what got me messed up this morning. I weighed myself and it said I was up 4 pounds since Sunday.I have been at or under my WW points. I have been drinking water and it just stressed me out. I don't allow cheats. I am making lifestyle changes so I track everything. The good the bad and the ugly!