Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Question How do you do it?

So it was a week ago (well in a few hours it will be anyway) that I joined this site and joined WW online. I work at a daycare that is in a school for teachers kids so we have been on spring break this week. We go back Monday. I work from 7-4 each day. So I eat breakfast and lunch at work. I am getting kind of anxious about going back. I am a planner. So I am thinking I should go ahead and plan out breafast, lunch and any snacks I may want before Monday morning so that I will have them packed and with me. I hope that this will help curb temptation and straying off plan. What do y'all think? How do you do it? Also, my second worry is I have a 6 pack of Reese eggs in the freezer waiting on me when I get there! I am hoping they will be motivation to keep going. As long as they all stay in the freezer I am good! I can eat a six pack of those in a single sitting!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I think that is a good idea- planning!!! Wondering what you mean by your question after saying you want to plan- how do you do it? Do you mean how to stick to your plan or how to plan?

I never really liked the reese eggs, the trees they have during the holidays around christmastime nor the big cup because it felt like it was way too much peanut butter to chocolate for my taste even though I love PB!! I prefer the regular sized cups. I could eat 2 kingsized reese cups (8 altogether) in one sitting but (un?)fortunately my possible gallbladder issues prevent me from doing that. You CAN do it!!! Resist the call of the reeses! lol.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #3  

I was just curious if everyone plans their week in advance or if they just go day by day! More as a curiousity than anything else. I know that planning will work best for me. If I have food there with me on hand I know that I will not be tempted to order out or eat any junk like that. See I love PB! I think it is the perfect PB to Chocolate ratio! I do not like the trees, pumpkins or hearts. They are not the same!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #4  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I am super boring with work food. I work 7:30-6 and I really don't eat meals, I snack frequently. My job is physically demanding half the time, driving the other half so I don't have to eat at certain scheduled times; whatever I can eat while driving is okay.

I do plan for the entire week, since I do my shopping on Sunday for the week.

Last week was turkey and cheese roll ups, protein bars, apples and coffee every day.
I am certainly not the healthiest model, but what works for me is:
5:30am coffee
8 am turkey cheese roll up
11 am apple
1pm coffee
3 pm protein bar
7:30pm dinner

Sometimes I eat Greek yogurt in the morning before I leave, if I have time.

I'm a major Reece cup junkie, too. My kids didn't get a single one in their baskets this year because I just didn't trust myself. I, too, can eat an entire 6 pack in one sitting.

My favorite substitute these days is 1/2c Greek yogurt with 1TBSP peanut butter stirred in. Amazing! It's like mousse. Or, 1/2c of dry Reece's Puffs cereal. It's less than 100cal and it really does satisfy my craving.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #5  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I don't plan per say, but I do make sure I'm always stocked with on plan food. That way there's no straying.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:51 AM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I tried planning for a week, day by day, every few days, etc for a while, I would end up changing it a lot based on moods, conflicts, not enough time or I forgot to take it out so it can thaw/defrost, that kinda thing. Good thing I don't use paper anymore, just my phone app, lol!!

Though I will say, when I have a splurge day when I go over (after using all of the WP- very rare for me lately), I try to do the every few days planning to be sure I'm spot on with points until I reach my start day (Sundays for me.)
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:59 AM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Breakfast, snacks and lunch are planned ahead of time.

Evening meal is up for grabs, most of the time on plan. Just depends. Given that I'm ok earlier in the day, I have some flex for supper!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 AM   #8  

I was good about the reese eggs for Easter. I bought 2. One for my niece and one for nephew. They will leave with them tomorrow so there will be no temptation!