For Those of You Who Started at 220+

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter?
    I remember feeling good at 205 - and was starting to get really excited to cross over into Onederland.
    How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size?
    I'm not sure how tall you are, and it always amazes me to hear the different sizes for different weights from everyone, but for me 225lbs was a tight size 22W which meant I was probably better suited for the 24W but never actually bought it. I remember getting into the 20W at about 205 and feeling really good - like a "regular" 18 was close. But as I lost, I didn't go through every size. I'd wear my clothes and they got baggy so by the time I finally went shopping, I found myself down 2 sizes at a time sometimes. No need to get a whole new wardrobe for every size. Even if your pants aren't falling off, but just loose, you're probably down a size.
    How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight?
    Again, I really think it was that 205 mark. It's been a while now, but that scale point really stands out in my memory. I might have seen things before, but other people started noticing about then also.
    I know the answers vary for everyone, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

I personally "feel" lighter having lost 8.4 pounds. I do not really "see" a difference and don't feel like I could go down a size in clothes yet.

The feeling "lighter" at this point could be because I am stronger now that I have exercised every day for 24 days straight!
    Great!!
  • Thanks for all the replies! I guess I still have a ways to go before I actually "see" any real change. But at least I know I will eventually see it!
  • I still don't really "feel" lighter, even though I do see that I am smaller.

I had to lose 25-30lbs before I went from an 18 to a 16 in pants, but I lost a shirt size around 15lbs lost. Ive lost 50something lbs now, and I can fit into 14s from some places reliably and still 16s in others. I have big thighs/butt so I lose pants sizes REALLY slowly, even though my waist is ready for a smaller size.

I think it was probably 20lbs before I noticed in the mirror. However, I took "before" photos and took photos every 10lbs lost, and there was always a VERY noticable difference in the photos, even if I couldn't see it in the mirror.
  • Fantastic! I will follow your lead and take photos every 10 pounds lost! That makes so much sense!

Thank you!
  • How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter? The first time I lost weight it was when I was about 250. Now, I've lost about 11 pounds and I don't feel any lighter.

How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size? I think when I last lost weight, it wasn't till I was in the 240-250s. I remember wearing belts and pulling my pants up a lot at that time. Currently I'm still fitting in my clothes. No size change.

How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight? Last time I didn't see a change till probably 260. I remember finding some extra lose skin on my thighs and was proud. I could see it! And maybe my knees.
  • 245 was my starting point. I was probably heavier, but I don't know. Anyway, 245 was a 24 dress size. I guess I started to see a difference( and so did other people ) at 220. Mind you, I don't think I was in a new dress size until 210 or so. I find that the bigger I am, the more I have to lose before I go down a dress size.