Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #16  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I don't have anything to add to what other posters have said, except to say that I struggle with this every. Single. Day. Even with progress, it's a battle every time I approach the fridge, go out, or even just think. I'm currently struggling with the idea that there will be no "end" to this. I won't get to "stop" watching my weight. It would be so easy to give it all up. I've come very close several times.

I've seen the other side though. I had a front row seat when my father lost his battle with his weight and died shortly after wls at over 700lbs. Of course his was an extreme case and most of us will never get that far. But we all lose out on life when we're heavy and unhealthy.

You know you can do this. And you know why you have to. It doesn't matter how many times you fall, providing you get up.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #17  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I can't really say anything new, that hasen't been said by everyone else but I do understand how you feel... Its a difficult journey, filled with many moments of questioning, self-loathing, and frustration. Many moments of wanting to give up, and go back to eating how you used to, because it's easier...

But you have to remember, the rewards are far greater in every aspect...Health, better apprication for your body, being able to do things you didn't think you'd ever do again and so much more.
Try and not look at it like a "Diet," but rather a lifestyle change to become healthy. Its ok to splurge once in awhile...sometimes we just need to...for that one meal, one day...but whats important is to hop right back to it and not let that one time derail every hour, every minunte, every second, and every bit of hard work and energy you poured into this..

Time will continue to go by, whether you stick to this commitment to be healthy or not... So where do you want to be in a year, or two, or even three?
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote