Suggestions for Scales

• Hello!

So, it's been awhile since I've been on here (years!) and I wanted to get involved again because I really did like the sense of community and support on here! I feel like everyone here "gets it" when it comes to weight loss and I'm just missing that in my everyday life! I lost the majority of my weight between July 2008 and June 2009, then stalled out, gained a little (or 30lbs!) back during a rough internship, lost that again, and now, I was surprised to see that I'm at the same ticker weight! So, I consider that a good thing I struggle with binge eating (as I'm sure lots of people do), and I'm mainly focusing on making healthy, sane choices when it comes to food! I try not to beat myself up over the daily food choices I make...but it can be hard sometimes!

So, now, on to my question! I was using my Wii and Wii Fit program as a scale and to track my weight, but over the weekend it completely died! Despite my boyfriend's best attempts to "fix" it (he wiggled a couple of cords and declared it dead because I never played with it ), I think it's gone for good! So I'm on the hunt for a new scale! I would love to hear suggestions! I'd like one under $50, and it doesn't need to do anything fancy (like track BMI or body fat), I just want it to weigh me with consistency and accuracy!

Thanks for your help!
  • I got mine at Target for $19.99. I like it because you don't have to tap it with your foot to activate it like the Weight Watchers scales, and it reads to the .2. I've tried more spendy scales but ended up returning them.
  • My current scale came from a program with Best Buy, but will be receiving a new one this week from Omron Fitness. It looks pretty cool and monitors a lot of stuff.
  • ^Me too! About once a month, I put a 5 pound bag of sugar or some hand weights on it to make sure it's still right. So far, so good.
  • @free I like that idea, always wondered if my scale is lying to me to stay on my good side, although I may very well weigh less. Wishful thinking

Foxxxy511 I bought my scale so long ago I can member. But I know I am very frugle so it couldn't have exceeded 30 bucks. Mine will track weight loss to the .2 also, nothing else. But I enjoy that it tells me how much I have lost and how much I have to go to goal. It's called a health o meter
  • To add: I occassionally throw a dumbbell and/or kettlebell on the scale (I try and make it add up to over 50 pounds or more) to ensure it's accuracy (typically I check when it has told me something I do not like and I want to insist it is lying like the dirty jerk it is HA!), and it is accurate.
  • Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Very helpful and I appreciate it!

LockItUp, what brand of scale is it? I will also only check the accuracy of a scale when it shows me something I don't want to see versus something I do!