Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #1  

Default Advice Needed - PLEASE...

Hi everyone! So I am one of those girls who is over the weight that a girl like my age should be (this is how I consider my situation). And the worse of this is that I really have this big tummy which makes my other friends laugh when they see it. I don't get insulted, but I am really bothered with this since I don't have belly fats some years ago. What should I do to loss this and gain the body I have before?

Please, Really need your advice!
PatriciaAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

I hope you dont mind my asking but how old are you? Just asking cuz you sound pretty young but words on a page can be deceiving. It would also be helpful to know how tall are you and how much you weigh. This info will help us give you advice.

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-18-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #3  
Japanese Student

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Well... it depends how hard you're wanting to try.
If you don't already have them, you should get into some healthy habits, like doing some type of physical exercises, or eating the right foods. If you're not really that overweight, and it's just your belly, then you may just want to work and tone your belly.
Indeed, it does depend on how tall you are to decide how much you should weigh. Age has nothing to do with it as long as you're an adult (or close). Look at this chart, find your height, and this will tell you about how much you should weigh.
http://www.momswhothink.com/diet-and...ght-chart.html
If you're actually fairly overweight, then you shouldn't worry about just your stomach, you should worry about everything else too. Just worrying about your stomach isn't going to get you anywhere long-term.
So, like I said, maybe start being more physically active. There's all sorts of ways to though, it doesn't have to be a chore. You could go for walks, you could ride a bike, you could go for a swim, or you could just dance around! Get your blood flowing a bit more.
Hope this helps you out, and good luck!
Spiritix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I would love to give advice but you haven't given enough information to really get any specific advice!

How old are you? What's your weight and height? What are you willing/unwilling to do to lose weight (workout, count calories, etc etc)?
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #5  

Hi everyone! Thanks for hearing my problem. I am 21 years and 5'4" in height. My current weight is 57kgs. I was really devastated when I knew this one. The last time I checked my weight I was just around 48kgs. What should I do about it? Am I overweight?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

5'4" and 125 lbs. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

However, since you do, I would suggest some moderate strength training, nothing too intense. Lifting weights and doing resistence training and ab workouts will help smooth and tone your body. While you are building lean muscle, just try to maintain your weight. Don't worry if the scale doesn't go down. Muscle weighs more than fat. You will lose inches and your clothes will fit better on you.
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #7  

Thank you so much Learning 2 Live for those words! I don't really think there is something wrong with my weight. It's just that, I have a quite serious belly fats. And I hate it because of these, my friends say that I am fat.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Pictures would be helpful. While it is possible most women simply don't hold their fat in their belly like men so it's hard to imagine what exactly you're talking about. Could be caused by posture, though. Also, pregnancy.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote