Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #72

Stay at home Mom's #72

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #71 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 04-08-2003, 05:45 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Where is everyone?????? So, I'll just stop by and say hello.
The kiddies had a 2 hour delay from school today- as there was ice left over from the snow storm yesterday.... So today has been sort of abnormal. I did get 2 1/2 miles in with Leslie Sansone....had to for my sanity! Tomorrow is WI- I'll check in and let you know how that goes. Have a great nite.
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 04-08-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:21 AM   #3  
One day at a time.

Morning!

Ginny~Good luck with your weigh in today! I'm sure it'll be great, and I was going to ask, if you don't mind telling. What's your total lost so far? I sure do miss my weight watcher meetings and friends that are there, so I'm going to drop by the meeting next week. By then I'll be able to update them on the baby, and catch up on how they're all doing too! I'm glad to hear that you got in your walking tape, I love to walk with Leslie, but haven't been doing it. BTW, I wanted to reply about a comment you made on SAHM#71, about getting me to drink my water. I need all of the help I can get, because as bad as I know I need it, I still don't like the stuff!?! But just to let you know, I am drinking, and my kidney's love me for it!!!

I hope everyone's doing good, and can get in here soon, we miss ya!

Have a great day!

Last edited by mel17; 04-09-2003 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:24 AM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

I promised to check in and I am short on time yet again.. but I wanted to check in!

I gained .5 pound! I think it is from all the soreness in my muscles though. Htey say that water tends to pool there to help relieve the burn. My clothes are already feeling better though and I love the feeling I have when my workout is over!!

Mel - Drink that water! Have you tried adding a little tiny bit of Crystal Lite to the water to make it more paletable? That is a trick I learned from WW to help me get started on all my water drinking.

Ginny - You are so good at checking in! I need to make it a larger priority in my life! I have to find out a way to post a picture of my latest creation for you! I crocheted a lucious scarf with Sequence in it... I am debating whether or not to submit it to a publisher or keep it for me!

OK.. I am off.. time to drop off the kids and then off to the gym!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Ginny I can't wait to hear how your meeting goes today and your WI! Have lots of fun.
Mel, when did you say your ultrasound is? Is it this week? You must be getting ansty by now!
Karen, you stay so busy! That scarf sounds wonderful! How did you ever get into the crocheting business?? Sounds like you love what you do and that is great. I tried to crochet once... bought me a beginners book and all that and I just can't seem to get anywhere. All the women in my family crochets and I wish I could too. maybe I'll try again after the baby comes. I love to cross stitch though!

Well, today is my appointment. I'm looking forward to it. It's not until 1:15, but we have an hour drive to get there so I am trying to get things done this morning. My DH is still snoring away so I have to get him up and around soon so that I can get in the shower and all that. I love my appointments for two reasons... 1. I get to see how my little one is doing and it makes me feel that much closer to holding him and 2. my DH and get to spend several hours together without the kids. That is so nice sometimes. We go to the appointment and then grab something to eat afterwards and it's just nice being alone with him again. I cherish the time spent. So today should prove to be a very good day for me!
Guess I'll get off here. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day and I can't wait to read your posts later tonight!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:39 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!

Melissa- sounds like you are feeling better!!!!! Great! Another way to sneak that water in...........try adding some flavored seltzer to it- just enough to add some taste without too much fizzzzzzzz (if the fizzies upset your stomach or you are heartburn prone as I got while pg). But drink, drink, drink. It is so good for both of you.

Karen- ignore that .5#!!!! Could it be you ate a lot of salt the day before, or is TOM approaching? It is important to WI at the same time of day too, assuming that all of your other habits (eating, drinking etc... )are pretty much the same. Hang in there, those pounds will come off!!!!! Gee the scarf sounds pretty- I was just thinking that I had not done any hand work in a month or two.....then of course my sewing machine is still out with the vest that I did not finish in it . But I'd love to see the scarf- hope that you can find a way to send us a picture. You are so creative!!

Spryng- your day sounds so nice!!!! I hope that your appointment goes well- and that you and Dh have some much needed quality time with each other. How nice to get a few hours alone with him!!!!!! Enjoy it.

Well, todays lecture......or laugh (my WW leader is quite a comic) was on Holiday Eating and how we are going to handle it. She gave us 4 tips and suggested that we use all 4 depending upon the event, the food involved and just whatever circumstances are.
1. Make a lower point version of the same dish or meal.
2. Have less of the food (s).
3. Have some of the food but less often.
4. Pinpoint your favorites and forgo the rest.

And she did add that it is best to go ahead and have some of your favorites- denial won't work, you'll just feel cheated and it is only one day!!!!! Get back on track the next day.
I lost 2.4# this week- for a total of 17.6 thus far......I still have a long way to go............. but when I see the total it does feel good.
Gotta go!! Hope everyone is having a great day.
Ginny
Old 04-09-2003, 05:41 PM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

WOO HOO Ginny! Good job on your weigh in! And your total loss! You are doing so well!

Spyrng - I remember going to the doctor with my hubby for pre-natal appts! that was so much fun! Tell us how it goes!

Since you asked, My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 7. for the first 25 years I just followed other peoples patterns and tweaked them when I wanted to change something. But in 1998 I meet another pattern designer and she encouraged me to try designing. I did, Sold the first designs that I submitted.. and I was off and running. I am doing so much these days.. here is a couple of pictures for you:

That is me in the second pic!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:22 PM   #8  

Good evening all!
Oh Karen that is a beautiful scarf! I sure wish I could see your face though!
Ginny, congrats on the WI!! That is another great week for you. And the advice you got about holiday eating sounds very realistic. Those meetings just sound more and more appealing to me every day!
Well, my day went quite well. I've only gained 23 lbs so far, which I was commended on by my midwife. I passed my glucose and iron tests with flying colors, the baby's heart beat was strong and guess what? She said he is dropping already!! He is head down and starting to engage already so I just may go early with this one! That made me very happy. Anytime after 37 weeks he is more than welcome to make his appearance. So the appointment went great. I go back in 3 weeks and then start every two weeks. Getting down to the countdown now! My Dh and I enjoyed Olive Garden together and I ate so much, it was delicious. I ate alot of salad. It just seemed to hit the spot today. Then we got back to my MIL house and they set a date for the baby shower, May 17. I am so thrilled that they are doing this for me. I really never expected it this time around so I am just floored that they even care.
I guess that sums up my day. It went very well. But I am so tired. I didn't get my usual nap today. Oh and did any of you watch American Idol? I missed who got voted off tonight and their site hasn't updated yet. Any info would be great!
Well, I'll chat with you ladies tomorrow! Have a great night!
Old 04-10-2003, 11:48 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Just a short response........

Karen, what a pretty scarf!!!! What stitches did you use- what yarn??? It looks great, but like Spryng, I would have liked to see your face too!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Spryng- sounds like you had a great day. Olive Garden is one of my favorite places, and their salad is so yummy. Great too that the midwife visit went well- and that the baby has dropped. Wow- it seems early!!!!

Got my 5 am walk in - and now have a ton of things to do.
Gotta go- have a great day!
Ginny
Old 04-10-2003, 04:19 PM   #10  
One day at a time.

Hi Ladies!

Congratulations to you Ginny, for another great scale victory! Wow, those losses are adding up quick, keep it up! I'm so excited for you, I look forward to sharing in the losses after the baby comes, and I really miss my meetings!

Karen, don't you worry about that .5, cause you have greatly changed your activity level and you'll see the rewards soon!!! Keep going, and think of me, cause I need a workout too! I was actually thinking of trying to do my Leslie Sansone, but I'm going to ask my DR. first.

Spryng, sounds like you and your Dh had a nice time, and yea for you. So the baby is dropping already? Have you started to dilate yet? I'm happy that all was good!!! To answer your question, I go Monday morning for my ultrasound, and I can hardly wait!!!! Cross your fingers that the baby cooperates, cause the last time Dh was at the DR. with me, the baby was trying to get away from the doppler, so I hope we don't go through that with the ultrasound!?!

Well, I'm about ready for a nap, have a good evening.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:38 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I came online to do some research for Dh, and of course I could not resist stopping in to say hello. So here I am again.

Melissa- you sound so excited about your sonogram!!! I am excited for you too. And I sure hope that the baby sits still long enough to have a picture taken! (we still have the sono picture of Ds, sucking his thumb- something that took many years to give up). I hope that you got a nice nap in. I always asked about excersize while pg- with Dd I was insane about working out (but then with no other children, I could go to the gym 6 days a week and work out for 2 hours a day) and the other 2 I did at least do a lot of walking and some low impact aerobics. You are used to some working out from WW, I can't see why your Dr would object. Let us know what the verdict is!!!

Well we got our blood test back today (from 2 weeks ago)- I am doing some research online now for Dh as his T4 level (thyroid) was a wee bit low. Yes, I already called the Dr and he is going on Monday. It is actually good news, I think, as it explains why he is so tired and crabby. The rest of his blood work was fine, and his cholesterol was 188-simply amazing with all the junk he consumes! As for me, I am in shock. Mind you 2 years ago, my cholesterol was 215 (or somewhere around there)- one year ago it was 189- when I had lost some weight and weighed in around where I am now, I think- and now it is 155. No meds at all- I do eat oatmeal (yes, I like the stuff) and I'm walking and of course on WW. I never dreamed it would be so low.
Well, enough of me.......gotta finish my session on Webmd and help Dd with her spelling. Have a good nite.
Ginny
Old 04-11-2003, 12:45 AM   #12  

Good evening all.
Well today is a bittersweet day for me. I had a great day at first, we went to Kansas City and did our summer clothes shopping which was a blast. Then we came home to my aunt on the answering machine with bad news. Let me back up some....
A few days ago I found out my cousin who is 21 weeks pregnant had an amnio and it turned out her baby (a girl) had Turner's Syndrome. Usually babies can be born and live a normal life (Turner's Syndrome is where one of the X chromosomes is messed up and the girl needs hormones to help growth and female hormones during puperty, etc) but all in all they can lead a normal life. Well her baby had this disease and her amniotic fluid was low and the baby had some cysts on it's head and neck and the doctor said she would lose the baby soon. Very sad. So today they went back to the doctor and had another ultrasound just to discover the baby had indeed died... no heartbeat. So tragic. Now she has to be induced and have the baby naturally and all that and it just so tramatic. She's just 21, this is her first pregnancy and it is breaking my heart because it's so unfair. She lives in oregan. I want to send her something but I'm not sure what. Any advice on that would be great. But anyway, that has been my day. Now it's very late and I'm so tired. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. G'nite!
Old 04-11-2003, 10:50 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Hi,
Spryng- gee that is just awful about your cousin. First of all, would you please give me her first name, I would like to pray for her. What she is going thru is pure ****, forgive me but that is what it is. I had 3 miscarriages in 12 months- it is only by the grace of God that I did not lose my sanity. As far as what you can do for her, is just listen......and love her. Encourage her to go to a bereavement group, even in the small town I live in the hopsital had one for those who lost pregnancies, newborns or had stillbirths. It was a gut wrenching experience but it helped so much. From what I hear the ordeal of having to go thru labor is rough. (I was spared that). She might have a tough time accepting your baby/pregnancy at the moment so please allow her whatever space she needs. Honestly, I would send her flowers on the her actual due date for this baby. Yes, the anniversary will be hard for her- and she will most likely never forget the day she lost this baby, or the day it was due. It is something that never ever leaves you. If you like, I have some excellent articles that I got from the bereavement group that I would be happy to send to you (US mail) that I found some comfort in. Nothing will take away the pain....but it will lessen and fade.....also sharing with others helps. One thing to avoid saying is "your next pregnancy will be fine"- you have to let her mourn this pregnancy. And especially that this was her first (I lost my first pregnancy also, so I know how that feels) she will most likely not be sure about that until she delivers a healthy baby. I hope that I was of some help.......hope that I did not speak too harshly here.......but I figure that the only reason that the Lord gave me the trials of miscarriages was so that maybe I could be a blessing to someone else at a later time. I will keep you and your cousin in prayer.

And anything else seems trivial............see ya later.
Ginny

Spryng, PM me with your home address if you want me to send those articles to you.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi All!
I'm sorry that I've been MIA for quite some time. At first, I litterally couldn't find the computer to even check my email or everyone's posts! (DS's room is so trashed that it was right in the middle of his room, but I still couldn't see it!) So....once ds showed me where it was, I was way too busy. Then-each day got busier & busier. I've been working really hard trying to get rid of clutter around the house. I'm bound & determined to use our basement as extra living space, so I need to tend to the "upper level" first & then hopefully in the next month, I will have a chance to declutter the basement! Spryng: I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin's baby. I feel that Ginny has given some great advice to you, seeing that she has went through 3 misscarriages herself. As for me-I'm not sure if I ever misscarried, but for over 4 years I would only get periods 3-4 times a year. So-I'm not sure if they could have been miss periods, or if maybe I misscarried. I do know how devastating it was for me to think that I could maybe be pregnant & then be disappointed with my flow! I would get so jealous when one of our friends announced that they were pregnant & I had to so impatiently wait & not know what the outcome would be for me! Well, after being married for almost 5 years, the Lord blessed me with a healthy baby boy & almost 5 years later, we were blessed with a healthy baby girl! So-this completes our family. (Unless you want to include the cats!) On a better note: I'm glad that you had a great time in Kansas City & were able to pick up your summer clothes. Ginny: Again-great advice that you gave to Spryng. Also-Congratulations on your continued weightloss & also for such a great cholesterol reading! It must be from all the walking that you do! As for your DH-I'm sorry to hear that his numbers were so high! (At least you know where his grumpieness comes from.) Oh, Oh! I just got a phone call & will probably be talking for awhile. I'll check in later! TTFN
Old 04-11-2003, 01:11 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies, and Gents

I just wanted to say HI>>>>

Am a Newbie, to this site...

Congrats on the WL...

Hope to learn something from U all... and to
Learn about you as well...

GB
deb =)
Closed Thread