Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:17 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#317

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-15-2003, 10:20 AM   #2  

You must have just started this thread! I was on 316 it said to go to 317 and I tried and couldnt find it had to wait a minute. Timing is everything.

I hate when I am typing and kids seem to think they have to talk to me all the time.

Not much to report right now, just wanted to check in to keep getting my e-mail notice. Will check in later.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everyone! Lest I get yelled at for starting a thread and not posting, I guess I'll write a few lines, even though I did a whopper of a post last night before I went to bed. :

Deon: No bad visuals here!!! We can all relate and you're right, those are really wonderful things to be thankful for. Don't worry about 'falling'. Fill your mind with the positive "I'm gonna make it" and don't let the negatives in.

Jen: So good to see you, hon. Has hubby shipped out? Did you get your ride back to the states? We've all been wondering about you. I see it still says Germany under your name. Please let us hear from you more often. We want to be there for you to support you during this rough time in your life.

Mary: Sounds like you had a great time shopping yesterday. And ready for the warmer weather now too. I really need to get out and do some of that but my 'to do' list is so long, I don't know what 'to do' first so I sit here on the computer and get nothing done!

Sandy: Congrats on the 1 1/2 miles!!! Good for you! The physical doesn't sound like too much fun though!

Katrina: Go get some sleep, girlfriend. I don't know how you stand working nights and then dealing with the family by day. You must get used to it, I guess.

I'm so disgusted right now I could spit. I found this wonderful woman GYN. It took me 13 years of not going for an annual visit to get up the courage to spread this fat old legs for another doctor, but I finally did it a couple of years ago. Anyway, it seems like every other PAP they say there is something abnormal (but nothing to worry about) and to come back in 6 months. Then when I go back, it comes out fine. And back and forth the results go. So anyway, I procrastinated a bit last year and when I called for an appointment for September, they said I couldn't get in until October. I took the date and then, not once, but twice, they called and had to re-schedule it because of the doctor having a seminar or some such nonsense. Anyway when I was in last November, (as it turns out) I made an appointment for 6 months and it happens to be this Thursday. Well, as it turns out, Mother Nature is not as predictable as she once was, (damn, getting old) and so she is lingering this week and Thursday isn't looking too promising for her to be gone. So yesterday I called to see if I could move my appointment. The girl says "sure, to September." I'm like 'what the heck?'. She says I can see a nurse practitioner (who does the same thing as the doctor, but if I want to see the doctor for my annual visit, I now have to wait until September. Don't these offices have ANY vacant appointments that they set aside for emergencies, swaps, etc.? My Gosh, what happens if she has to be out delivering a baby? Do those patients have to have the nurse practitioner? Don't they get to be moved somewhere to see the doctor? I'm so disgusted. It took me years to bare this body, I don't want to shock and disgust a new person! Geez. Once I went to this woman, I liked her because she didn't dwell on my weight issues, she handled what I went to see her for.

Oh well, enough of this ranking. I will be on my way. I have to go take pictures of gas stations today. Doesn't that sound like fun???

Oh, before I go. Don't you think it would be good if we made this TIP WEEK. With the holiday coming this weekend, I thought it might be fun if we each tried to post a tip for getting through the holiday dinner and left-overs without gaining a ton. Just one tip a post, or one tip a day, whatever anyone wants. But it might be nice to compile them all and then maybe post them ALL on Friday or Saturday so that they are fresh. If you like the idea, join in. I'll be first:

Distance, Delay, Distract
Distance yourself from the food. When you're finished, be finished. Dump a little of your water onto your plate or put your napkin over it when you're done. Don't pick.
Delay reaching for seconds. Remember that it takes 20 minutes for your brain to THINK it's full after your stomach IS full.
Distract yourself from sampling while making dinner. Chew gum. Brush your teeth before heading to the kitchen. Trust that if something needs salt and pepper, your guests can put it on at the table, you don't need to taste everything.

Oh, and one more thing. I found this very simple recipe at the WW center and it sounded simple and good.

Easiest Yet Muffins
1 box spice cake mix
12oz can diet soda

Mix the two together. Put into 24 muffin tins. Bake according to directions.

3 WW points each

You could also make this in a loaf pan and top with some FF Cool Whip instead of frosting.

Ok, now I really have to go. See you all later. Love ya.

God Bless America!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-15-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:17 PM   #4  

Good afternoon chickies,

Doctors appt. went well. She is glad I am loosing and was very supportive of all I am doing. I have to go back next week to discuss my blood sugar levels (I have to have blood taken tomorrow, fasting of course) My body hates to use sugar the way it is supposed to ? Pre diabetic stuff I guess. She said if I keep going like I am, that it should straighten itself out, but will check the blood just to be sure. And I have to have another pesky little mole removed from my back. I had one removed last year and it came back as nothing, and she seems to think this one will be the same, but better safe than sorry she says. So, other than that I got an A O K from the doc. She is a new one at the office I go to, my regular one that I have had for years, well shes gone and I got this one and well I like her, she was nice and she was not a sting bean like most (kinda nice to know they are not all perfect ) She told me I seemed to be very motivated and she thinks I may rub off on her. I will take that as a compliment I said!!!

Thin: Sorry about your doctor....but sometimes the physicians assistants are really good. When my regular doctor was on maternity leave the first time (before she left!!!) I saw the p.a. and she was wonderful, really really caring.

Deon: like they alway tell me, don't rely on the e mail notifications, they don't alway come!! Sometimes you just gotta get your butt here the long way and check the board out..

Okay I have responded to everyone on this thread!!! Get the hint!!! Where is everyone?????

Hugs always,
Old 04-15-2003, 01:36 PM   #5  

It's snowing SNOW BALLS here, it's crazy, the snow is so wet and heavy, crazy Alberta Weather.
Not much new on my end, working and cooking and cleaning, that about describes my days. I haved so much to read to try to catch up and by the time I'm done reading I'm so confused so I won't even bother trying to reply to anyone, cause right now I can't think straight.
American Idol on tonight for all you Idol fans, I really like Kimberly, ( the dark haired one ) hope she wins, she has an awsome voice.
I'm reading a really interesting book, Prisoners of Hope, about Dayna Curry and Heather Mercer who were imprisoned in Afganastan last year for being in the missions, very interesting, alot of background on the country and their culture, what books are you reading??
Yipee long weekend ahead, I was going to work but my boss told me to take it off, first long weekend since September, I wonder what I'll do, oh I know clean house. yeah!
Well I really don't have anything to say, so instead of rambling I'll just wait till something interesting happens and report back, I sure hope something interesting happens today, my life is becoming such a bore.
Well TA TA For now
Old 04-15-2003, 01:46 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Default Happy Tuesday!

Hi Ladies -
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday. It is just beautiful here today - currently 75 and sunny. I can't wait to get home a go for a nice walk with the dogs!

I have to share what happened when I was walking last night because I am still fired up about it. I was walking one of my dogs into the neighborhood adjacent to my house - there is an open common area between my house and the next neighborhood. Well, in this area my dog decided she needed to do her business. I was standing there, with baggie in hand waiting for her to finish so I could clean it up like the good dog owner I am. I am standing there and a car pulls up next to me and just stops in the middle of the road. I was thinking he needed directions or something. No, he just sat there staring at me. When my dog finished her biz I walked over to the car and said "can I help you with something?" He rolled down the window and said, "I'm just watching". I asked, "What are you watching". He wouldn't explain to me why he felt the need to sit there and stare at me and my dog. It was obvious I was going to clean up - I had a bag in my hand. Not to mention I was not on anyone's property. He said, "why can' I watch you". I just responded with, "I am a curious why you feel the need to watch me pick up dog poop". He refused to talk, rolled up the window and slowly drove off. WHAT A CREEP!!!! I want to find his house and just stand on the street staring at his home!!! I am still angry that he was such a jerk to me. It would have been a different story if I was letting my dog go in his front yard and not cleaning up! Ok - I vented. I was/am just so burned up about this jerk!

I got a new scale yesterday - a digital one so it's easier to read than the round type with the little bitty lines. I was saddened to discover that my old scale was apparently off about 8 pounds - NOT in my favor! My husband tried to be positive about it and remind me that it doesn't change the fact that I've lost 22 pounds, just makes a little more to my goal. I did't tell him that part of why I was bummed it because it means I am not under 300 - like I thought I was. I am going to wait to Friday to adjust my weight in my signature because I always go by my Friday weight for tracking purposes.

Other than those two things, all is well. Eating pretty good today - just had grilled chix, rice & veggies for lunch. Managed to say "NO" when offered a cookie - and they have the best cookies here at work.

Sandy - Happy to hear that the Doc appt went well. Good luck w/ the blood work. I really want to go to the Doc and get a physical and blood tests, but I am such a chicken. I am getting stronger day by day, but I have always been ashamed to go to the doctor and only go when I absolutely have to and always avoid talking about my weight! I know - doctors should be there to help, but I am just a big baby!

Thin - Bummer about the GYN - I know what a pain those appointments are. I have been putting that one off as well!!! Last time I was there (1 1/2 yrs ago) she recommended two
things to me: 1) Lose some weight --- I'm working on it!! 2) Have hubby get a semen analysis done ---- we are trying to get pregnant and she wants him to get tested before testing me. --- I've been nicely trying to get Jeff to do it for over a year --- I think I finally have him about ready. (Sorry - I am sure that last comment fell into the TMI (too much info) category, but it just sort of came out!

Well, enough goofing off --- gotta get back to work!
I'm sure I'll be back later!

Barb
Old 04-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hey Duckie -
Looks like you and I were typing at the same time - thought I'd just pop back in for a quick hello.

Snow - ugh. I'm glad we are done with that for the year! I had enough of it.

I am not reading a book right now - trying to catch up on all the magazines that have been piling up. A few weeks ago I read the new John Grisham book. It was ok - nothing great. I read all of his books, no matter what.

I'm looking forward to American Idol tonight as well. I really like Ruben and Clay.

Bye for now.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Hey, I'm awake...dh let me sleep WAY too long! Now I have to get my butt outside in the sunshine for a bit. Tonight is the National Honor Society induction ceremony for my daughter, so I have to get showered and prettied up earlier than my usual 10:20. I have got to get outside, I'll feel like I'm wasting all the sunshine, it's been a LONG time coming! (Sorry, Duckie!) I hope and pray we're done with foul weather! (Although, we just had a snowstorm last Monday...)

Everyone sounds very positive and pumped! I'll have to ponder and come back with a tip.

Later
Old 04-15-2003, 05:08 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

WOW, where is everyone??? The sunshine, well, except for Duckie , must have everyone outdoors and enjoying.

I didn't do a dang thing today except for the announcement for #1 son's graduation (they come in flat and you have to fold them). I did not do the pics of the gas stations. Oh, I did go and apply for refinancing on the house. They convinced me, since I don't want to stay here too long, that doing a home equity loan for the full amount of my entire first mortgage and then paying off the first mortgage was the best way to go. (we have a pre-payment clause in the first mortgage so we're finneggling (sp?) a bit). Anyway, dropped those papers off.

Went to the post office to get something besides puppies, kittens or teddy bear stamps to use on the announcements. I'm waiting in line to get into the parking lot thinking 'what the heck is everybody at the post office on a Tuesday afternoon for?'. Well duh? It's tax day! OMG, the place was a zoo! So I drove out of there and decided I will try again tomorrow.

I'm supposed to be here at the computer designing an invitation for a celebration buffet that we're doing for family for Son's graduation, but as you can see, I decided to put another 2 cents worth in here.

Kat: Have fun tonight. Tell your daughter we're all real proud of her!

Duckie: SNOW!!! Oh my gosh! It's 83 or 87 here, depending on which radio station you listen to. So much for Spring. Here we go, right into Summer. Actually, probably not. They said cold again tomorrow. So we'll see.

Sandy: What's the deal with the glucose levels all of a sudden. My doc just prescribed gluco something or other because she said she thinks I have borderline stuff too.

Barb: That's really scarey about the 'creep'. Do you know him? Just a stranger? That would spook me right out.

Well girls, gott go get honey tonight. I'll come back and let you know about my literary adventures later.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:18 PM   #10  

Hey Thin,
I don't know whats up with the glucose stuff. But the one good thing she said was that if I had to go on meds it may just be for a bit and that one of the side effects of the med she would put me on is that people lose weight!!! I told her I did not think of it as a side effect but a perk!!! What do you know a pill that does double duty . No!!! Thats not the right attitude. I'm trying to get off of the pills........all of them. My blood pressure today was 120/80.....isn't that good? Not sure what the norm is, but thats the best mine has been in years.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:39 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Talking I can't believe it!!

OMG!

You're not going to belive it! I still don't believe it! I am on TONYSTEWART.COM! Now, let me explain....this is not the website I am an administrator on, this is his official website! The one he advertises on the back of his firesuit!

After I went to see him last Thursday, I sat down and wrote an "I met Tony" story and submitted it to TonyStewart.com. along with some photos from the appearance. Now, I didn't think for one minute they would actually put it on the website, but I was on my Tony website awhile ago and someone posted that "Tina was on Tony's website!" Well, I flew over there as fast as this ol computer would take me and there I was.....ON THE FRONT PAGE! It has the story I wrote along with pictures from the appearance.

This is not an advertisement for TonyStewart.com. It is an advertisement for me. Please go over and take a look and tell me what you think. I am so excited!

http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/v...tentId=1070496

I'm gonna throw up FOR SURE now!

Last edited by QueenB; 04-15-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:06 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

WAY TO GO TINA
Old 04-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Oh Tina: And they picked the pic where you're snuggling!!! WooHoo!!!

Sandy: Mine said the same thing about the weightloss side effect. I just got my script in the mail today, so we'll see.

Mary: good to see you.

On the book issue: I've been into fun mysteries lately. I've read all of Janet Evanovich, I'm working through the series by Mary Dalheim, and I just finished someone new the other day (sorry don't remember title or author without running upstairs.) All of them have been fun/witty. I especially like Janet Evanovich though.

Gotta run again. Later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-15-2003 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:13 PM   #14  

I feel disgusted with my dieting and I didn't get that job.

I think I need a class in self-control. Wonder if there is such a thing?
Old 04-16-2003, 01:55 AM   #15  

Ok I am very frustrated tonight. Major attack of the munchies. I have gone over 1 point, and I cant seem to stop. Maybe I need to go to sleep. I think I am nervous about tomorrow. I go to the DR. Ugh! I hate doctors. And all the crap they do to you. Anyway I should go now and try to go to bed before I eat the fridge.
Closed Thread