Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 06:26 AM   #16  

Morning Chickee's

How is the morning? Mine is going okay so far, but it is still early. I am a real bit** this a.m., I have to go get the blood work done on a fasting, so tha means you guessed it NO COFFEE!!! I want my coffee . Thinking after the hospital, next stop the closest convenience store on the way to work. I can make coffee at work, but that would mean I would have to wait a little longer!!

Tina: OMG, check you out!!! Way to go!!! I even had to tell my sil about it so she could go see it. So you see you have affected my real world also, I talk to her about the girl on the website I visit who Loves Tony. She thought the fact that your story got put n the website was excellent....

Deon: Hang in there girl, just tell that dr. you are doing what you can do right now and look at what you have accomplished so far.

Thin: Wow you get your pills in the mail? I gotta go to the drug store to get mine...well the grocery store with the drug section in it.

Catch ya all later!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Morning Gals,
Just getting my day started here. I work from home 2x a week and this is one of my days. That means I get an extra hour of sleep, I don't have to pretty myself up and I get to skip my hour+ commute to the office. So, just by all that it's a pretty good day so far.

Yesterday ended up being a pretty darn good day. My eating was good all day and took a long walk with the dogs --- didn't see the creepy man again - although I was sort of hoping to - I walked the same area at the same time thinking he might stop again and I was going to give him a piece of my mind.

Kat - hope you enjoyed the sunshine. It was such a beautiful day. Today is going to be even better --- but look out tomorrow --back down in the 40s! Craziness!

Thin - Good job on the refinancing - this is a great time to do it. We just finished the refi on our house a few weeks ago. Oh - no - I didn't know the guy that stopped to 'watch' me and my dog. He just appeared to be a jerk...

Tina - Loved the Tony article and pictures!!! Good Job! You look great in the picture. I remember seeing the last one of you!!! Congrats on the weighloss!!! Keep up the good work!

Lucky - Hang in there! You can get through this! You've got such a great support system here.

Deon - Hope all goes well at the Dr. Stay strong --- Evening munchies are hard for me too. I try to stay as far away from the fridge as possible. Once I get upstairs I am usually not tempted to go back to the kitchen, but if I stay near the kitchen I am more likely to munch.

Sandy - Hurry - get that bloodwork done so you can get your coffee!! Hoping all the results are good!

Well, time to start on my real work for the day! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and resists the many food temptations that are out there! I have to go grocery shopping so I know that will be a challenge!!

Barb
Old 04-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #18  

Talking

I couldn't resist posting when I saw Tina on the Tony web site! I have to say OMIGOSH I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! That's so excellent!!
Thin: Well, I'm still here in Germany. DH is leaving in 2 more weeks. All his stuff shipped out yesterday. He is supposed to work throughout this week doing the rest of the odds and ends to be ready, then he is supposed to have next week off to spend with us before he leaves. I won't be leaving here until at least May 16th, since that would be the earliest I could take my son out of school.
I really love spring here, but on the other hand, I miss winter too. Only because now it is too hot to wear my winter coat. It is my security blanket. I can cover myself up so that people can't see all my blubber. It's in the 70's today, and I wore my coat like a fool when I walked to pick up my kids from school. All the other moms were wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts, and here I am in my coat. What a dork, huh?
Now that the protests here have pretty much subsided, and the kids are back in school after the horror of spring break, I finally got the courage to drive into downtown Hanau all by myself. I managed to find a parking spot (I swear people will kill you for your parking spot), figured out how to use the parking permit machine, and wandered around for about two hours. It was so cute! Narrow cobblestone roads, lots of people, outdoor markets and cafes, and the occasional speeding car. It's amazing that people don't get splattered there on a daily basis.
Anyhoo, I was on a quest for new pair of pants, since I don't know how many more times I can actually sew and resew the two pair I have left. I found a bunch of places I would love to shop once I lose weight, but couldn't find anything to fit me. Even in the big department stores, the plus size section (in german it is called gross instead of plus. nice huh?) doesn't go any higher than about a 16. Germans people aren't as abundantly obese as americans apparently. I would have to find a specialty shop I guess. Oh well. I did get a very nice basket of strawberries though. YUM!!
Well, I suppose that's about it. I'll be lurking around.
Jen
Old 04-16-2003, 12:45 PM   #19  

Quote:
Even in the big department stores, the plus size section (in german it is called gross instead of plus. nice huh?) doesn't go any higher than about a 16.
I would be so upset!!!! Boy size 16? I would never get any clothes over there. Anyway, try going on line to maybe lane Bryant or something and maybe you can have stuff shipped to you, and Walmart has online shopping also, thats what I would suggest? Just a thought.

It's a little slow at work today, well, the boss is out anyway... It always seems to be slow when she is out...LOL

Come on chickys give me my fix and post....

Hugs,
Old 04-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

Hello there, gals...

This will be short cuz that sunshine is calling out to me! After getting off of work this morning, I jumped into bed for an hour nappie. Then off to the college with dh and daughter. Apparently, we made SO much money last year(cough...choke...sputter... ) last year that she does not qualify for any more financial aid than the pittance they gave. She's out of state, so no benefit there...so we explored creative ways to finance this education junket. I know it will all work out some how. (Come on, LOTTO jackpot!)

Hey Tina, how cool are you??

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky...I'm sorry about the job. I'm not going to say anything else, because right now, it won't help. Just know that we all love you and are pulling for the next, BETTER job to come along.

Deon...you went over 1 point, and you're disgusted? That's a good day for me! Hang in there.

Jen, good to hear from you! Have a wonderful week together before hubby leaves. Our prayers are with all of you. Oh, and thank him for us, would you? {{{hug}}}

Sandy...how did the bloodwork go? How soon before you get results? BTW...120/80 is perfectly normal! Good girl!

Barb...can you believe this weather? 40 tomorrow! AAAAHHHHHHHH! I guess we'll just enjoy it while we can, when we can. Oh and, the next time the creep stops to watch, use him for target practice with the poop!

Thin...how's the school board stuff coming? We just voted yesterday for the school budget and new board members. The budget actually passed for the first time in I don't know how many years. Maybe they'll throw the kids a field trip next year! (all my son cared about)

Duckie...Oh dear...SNOWBALLS??? I'm so sorry! I'm sending some your way! That book sounds good, I'll have to look for it at the library.

Okay...I think that's everyone who posted on this thread...Shout out to Mary, Baylee, Sara, Michelle, 2cute, Steph, Lori...anyone else...Hi to you too!

Going outside to play now...

later.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:12 PM   #21  

Quote:
Sandy...how did the bloodwork go? How soon before you get results? BTW...120/80 is perfectly normal! Good girl!
I got the blood taken this a.m. there was a line of about 10 people, couldnt believe it. Anyway, she will have the results tomorrow I think, but I have another appointment with her next Tuesday to discuss the outcome and to have the mole off, but she said if it came back and she was worried she would call sooner. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't hear from her!!! She also said the 120/80 was good, but I'm on bp meds so gonna stay on them for a while I guess. I have major family history on both sides with that issue.

Boy it looks like rain any minute. I'm waiting for the bus to get the boy home (Lexi went to Nanas after school) then I want to get my walk in. Please rain rain go away, come back after I get my walk in!!!! Everybody sing.....

TTYL,
Old 04-16-2003, 03:50 PM   #22  

Angry Hola Ladies!

I'm here Kat !

Man-oh-man! Yesterday was just BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL here in Ontario. It was 28 degree celcius (which is like 83 degrees for all you Americans) and the sun was shining and WOW, it was just great. Of course, mother nature was just playing with my emotions because today, and for the foreseeable future, it is NIPPY again. ANYWAYS, I got a chance to sport a summery skirt and funky, little matching blouse I bought last week. I'm telling you ladies... I felt absolutely amazing strutting down the street! If yesterday was any indication, my first summer as a thin woman is going to be amazing! I felt so powerful... and so proud!

Here's something. There was quite a breeze yesterday. I used to HATE windy summer days. The thin material of t-shirts would cling to places I would've preferred remain hidden. I was constantly pulling on my shirt, adjusting the material to hide my rolls. Yesterday as I was window shopping, my first instinct was to pull at my shirt and to hold my jacket in front of my stomach... until I realized, by looking at my reflection in the store windows, the blowing wind didn't reveal anything that needed hiding!!! WOOHOO! That was what made me feel powerful! I could walk proudly down the street in a little summery outfit, wind blowing and all! Although my feminist nature has definite issues with our society's objectification of women, a few whistles directed at me made me beam inside!

On to a few replies...

My Lovely Lucky: Your short, little post evoked so many feelings in me. Excuse my repetition, but I'm reminded again of how similar woman who have weight issues, despite their current size, can feel. I still often feel like a complete failure if I have a day or two of bad eating. Mentally, I KNOW that I've come so far but *sigh* inside I can feel ultimately defeated. Why do we have to be so hard on ourselves? The answer is... we don't! (Easier said than done, I know!) If I've just pigged out, I can't help but feel like I've just betrayed myself. I think it's okay to feel bad for a while. But ultimately, we need to leave that negativity behind. It helps me to use my "binges" as an opportunity to become more self-aware. What was I feeling before I did it? How did I feel after I did it? Why am I so upset? Writing down all my thoughts seems to pull me outta my funk. It also makes me feel like I'm actively DOING SOMETHING about my less than perfect behavior. Oops... is that too close to journalling?

Btw, Lucky, I'm sorry about the job. I'm sending you a hug and wishes for another opportunity to present itself to you.

Tina: I checked out Tony's site! That's absolutely amazing! You musta just about hyperventilated when you realized you were gracing the front page!!!

Kat: Are you telling me that I should start saving now for my future kids' college educations? It sounds like your daughter's accomplishments are definitely something to be proud of... but I'm not sure what the National Honor Society is! I'm Canadian, eh?

Jen: I just this very moment read your post about your winter coat being your security blanket. That's exactly the sentiment I was expressing earlier in this post... about not being afraid to wear t-shirts in windy weather anymore. You are definitely NOT a dork (at least on this occasion ). I've been there and know exactly what you're feeling!

Wow! What a yapper I'm being today. I think I should give someone else a chance to post now... so I'll leave with a big hello to all my other lovelies: Baylee, Thin, Michelle, Mary, Deon, Barb, 2Cute, Steph, Lori, Duckie, Sandy, and anyone else I'm forgetting!

Cheers!
Sara
HW: 270
CW: Somewhere in the 130's

P.S. Because of the supportive, thoughtful, and caring nature of 2Cute, I always feel the need to appease her! This post is dedicated to her remark that she missed my long (-winded) posts!

Last edited by SaraJoy; 04-16-2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Sara - I just have to tell you how much I loved reading your post! Way to go!!! What a wonderful feeling not to be tugging on the clothes!! You are an inspiration!!!

I pulled on a pair of shorts from last year and am pleased to say they are baggier than they were last time I wore them!!! The real feeling of accomplishment will be when I can wear shorts that have been stored away since I got married nearly 9 years ago.

Who was talking about a cruise? Sandy - I think that was you on another thread!!! Hubby and I love cruising. We have our next one booked for October!!! I want to be wearing some skimpier clothes by then!!!

I'm off for a walk with the dogs. Catch ya'll later!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:34 PM   #24  

Barb: Wow, a real cruiser? We have never gone and it is a dream for now!! My hubby is a lobsterman too, and he is on a boat all day, so I don't see him in any big rush..>LOL
Old 04-16-2003, 06:30 PM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy My name is Tina.....

and I have a problem with yogurt raisins.

I will NOT bring them in my house again until I am strong enough for them to be here.

my heart.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:48 PM   #26  

Tina: First I want you to know how much I love you!!! You should really think so, seeings how I made you this big long post and poof it got poofed on me .

So....here we go......I love you for you and not your raisins, but I do love raisins, will you share? No just kidding I don't want any, yes I do, but I will pass.....and so will you!!! I can't remember who usually pulls on your bungie cord and hauls your butt back up here on the wagon, so Today It will have to be me....and I have put superglue on your seat to try to keep you in place for a bit.

Now let me remind you of all you have done. You, my dear, have lost over 70 lbs to date. You have met your crush of a lifetime, and gotton the a major website on the world wide web.....in a picture with him at that!!! You my dear have gumpshon (sp). You have overcome fear and have none now!! You have all of us chicks to lean on even on the bad days. You have a wonderful marvolous husband (had to put the plug in there for Ron, seeings how I am his biggest fan ) and you inspire so many of us here. So are you jumping back on? I'm up here waiting, and I need someone up here to hold on to me for those times I feel like I'm slipping off.

Hugs to you!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Hey guys I am at chat
Old 04-16-2003, 08:28 PM   #28  
I'm on my way!

Hey you all are chatter boxes today! I just came to say wish me luck next wednesday morning at 10 a.m. 'cause I have an interview for another job!! And I really really want this one! Its mon through fri 8-5:30....and its a management position but when the door closes when I leave so does the darn job...it doesn't follow me home on my days off like this one does...I had today off and my girl called me 6 times today...can you stand it? And she wants to be a manager? I don't think so!! Who the heck would she call then?? The district manager would fire her if she called him like that!! Geeeesh.... I actually had another call today for another job I applied for...but its not paying what I need to make it worthwhile to pay daycare!!

Ok I have to give the little dirt monster a bath now...

TTFN Michelle
Old 04-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #29  
a work in progress...

Starting over AGAIN, tomorrow...****, right this minute. I'm so sick of this, but when I STOP starting over, all is lost.

I like this quote by Martin Luther King, I may have posted it before...
You do not have to see the top of the staircase to take the first step.

Here's to taking the first step....for the millionth time

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-16-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#318"

God Bless America!
Closed Thread