Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #1  

Default Back on the wagon

Ugggh
Someone pull me back up on the wagon because I fell off too long ago!

Starting tomorrow (considering it's 9pm) I am getting back on track with my healthy eating to lose weight.
Thankfully I haven't gained back too much, but I'm disappointed I slipped at the same point I always do.
For some reason my body will NOT move below 165 despite all efforts. It was so depressing.. I just gave up.

But, I really shouldn't be gaining either - so I'm back to re-evaluate my diet.
It's not at it's best right now.

Here's to starting fresh.
Yomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #2  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Keep at it! I think most people have periods throughout their weight loss journey where they are at a standstill for whatever reason. Like you said, start fresh! I haven't lost a pound in 4 months but I haven't given up. I've been focusing on eating cleaner and in the process I have just been eating TOO much good food!

You got this, don't let falling off the wagon for a little derail you completely!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

please please listen to my advice LOL

i was just rereading my old journals today and saw the first few posts where i had gained back 15 lbs and was "starting today" to lose it. i did NOT stick with it and ended up regaining over 50. you're in a good spot now! just about where i was when i realized id gained 15 lbs.

(i am not in ANY way trying to imply that you're not going to succeed i hope thats obvious) i just wish i was back to where i only needed to lose that 15! you can do it! recognizing the slip is the first step so good job!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Getting back on is the important thing, so way to go! These things seem to happen to most of us at some time but they key is the stop as soon as possible and don't give up.

Good luck!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #5  

Dang I slipped too. Just got back on the wagon this afternoon. Why does everything have to be cyclical?

I believe in you. Like Julia, I wish I had to make up for 15 >.<
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomp View Post
For some reason my body will NOT move below 165 despite all efforts. It was so depressing.. I just gave up...
I think we have all been frustrated by plateaus at some time or another, and it's completely understandable. You think 'If I am working so hard and not losing, why not just stop working so hard?'.

Perhaps this time around, you can put a couple of strategies in place to deal with it, should you hit another plateau. Try out some new healthy recipes to spice up your diet, try a new exercise class, go for a hike, or buy a new workout outfit to motivate you.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Just focus on not gaining - we all have times when we're on our game and times we're off it, and sometimes the weight comes off easily while other times it seems more stubborn. The key is that we don't phone it in, don't stop trying to do better, and never, ever quit!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote