Reasons why the scale might've gone up?

• My weight has been pretty consistent..either losing or staying the same. But what reasons could there be for it going up 3 lbs? I eat the same amount of calories everyday, and exercise at least 40mins. So could it be water weight or bloating?
  • Given that we are mostly water, water fluctuations are very common!! Exercising can make us retain water... as can eating salty foods... all sorts of things!! There's a sticky about water weight issues at the top of this page that has more information.
  • Where are you at in your cycle? I go up a few days before my period, and go up again during ovulation. So twice a month for a few days. I can definitely feel it, the bloating.
    Then as Heather said, there's the sodium possibility, the sore muscles, etc.
  • Yes, my periods starting in the next 3-6 days.. And i always feeel really bloated around this time. So I guess it could be a mixture of that and retaining water... It's just really unmotivating looking at such a gain in the scale when I've been working my butt off.