Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #1  
bionic knees

Height: 5'7

Unhappy A week of regrets....and the scale nowhere in sight

Yep, been a week of not clean foods for me and I have NO idea why! Part of my day is food and then it goes all to pooh. I start out great and then somehow I frig it up. I am on 5 days off right now and I have 2 days of messing up so far. i even skipped my weigh in on Friday. *sigh* Although i FINALLY went for a 1km walk this evening with the dog since it was cooler.
Anyone else ever do a bonehead thing like this KNOWING you will have to work very hard to lose it? I have a goal bu the end of August I want to hit, so I don't know why I am not working at it right now. I have lost 44 lbs and need to lose another 26 or close to it by then...because I am flying and I HATE that the seatbelts are tight on me and the people next to me don't want to sit next to a fat, spilling over the arm person.
I have been putting up motivational pics and sayings to beat this and get renewed motivation...
The Dawg House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

what is your plan (your actual specific plan) for the next 5 days so they aren't a waste? And I don't mean "look at motivational posters and hope for the best."
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Knowing full well what my goal was, I went off track and wasn't able to get back on again for two months. It was a daily mental game, telling myself I would do better. On and on it went until finally it sunk in and I got back on track. Don't let it go that long! Don't let one or two bad days send you off course. The time to start fresh is now.

Just like seagirl said, you need to set your plan in to motion. What will you eat, what will you do, etc. for the week to get back on track? The plan is what you need! I haven't planned out my foods yet, but know I'll be exercising on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If i get in extra, it's gravy.

Don't skip weighing anymore. Unless the weight is discouraging enough to send you in the wrong direction, of course, If you're anything like me, you need to face the scale so you are reminded of where you are, where you need to be and what you are currently doing. Accountability.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #4  
bionic knees

seagal, what a great question. I wish I had an answer! I have been thinking about this since I read your post. Made alot of sense. I just don't know although my 1st step is emailing my w.l counselor to tell her what I havent been doing and asking for help.

twin, I have wasted a few weeks and gained 4 lbs so I need to not let this go by further..not too mention I feel like crap!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I totally get it. I have been watching my weight creep up these last 2 weeks because of poor food choices.

What I am doing is weighing myself every day even if it is bad news (and it always is!) to keep myself accountable. I am exercising 6 days per week. I am tracking everything I am eating - even that ice cream or milky way bar! Again, it's about accountability. I am making efforts to cook for myself more - I made a great stir fry this evening because I am worth it! I made a fantastic mushroom/onion omelet for yesterday's lunch. Anyway, I am trying to get back on track with whole foods I enjoy. I can't say where I will be next week or next month - but hopefully I will still be tracking, exercising, and weighing in - even if the scale isn't at the number I would like it to be at.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

While I sympathize as I have been there before when it comes to "blowing it" on the diet, don't worry too much about the airplane seat. Given your height, I think you will probably fit in the seat just fine without the person sitting next to you being disgusted. I flew about a month ago at about 220 or so and fit just fine without the seat belt feeling tight. And one of those flights was on a commuter plane - one of those tiny little "toy planes" that nobody fits in!

Good luck getting back on track...you have made great progress so far, so don't beat yourself up too much and just move forward.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #7  
bionic knees

Hi all! Well I went to my weigh in today. 1.5LB up, which I can handle because my GOAL is to work hard and get 3 lbs off for NEXT Friday! I know I can do this and tomorrow I will be making my lunches for the week and even my suppers...this way I won't have the hurry up and eat temptations.
KittyKatFan, I want to be comfy in the seat too. I have belly fat which I HATE....and can't wait till I can wear clothes without a big belly...or a plane seat belt with PLENTY of space *grin*!!!

Thank you for all of your help!

ps seagirl...going to have that Map for my goal tomorrow!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #8  
bionic knees

Well it is blazing hot here this evening and I stayed away from temptation by painting the spare room ( and myself and my clothes haha). I feel like I did a 5k run!