Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default "Dear Fat"

Dear Fat,

I am glad you came to me as you have made me into the person I am today. Looking back at the times we had, we weren’t always the best of friends. When we were together we often felt lonely, sad and of no self worth. Although we were only with one another for a short time you will always be a part of who I am. As we were slowly saying goodbye, you managed to change my outlook on life. You have given me confidence and made me a stronger, healthier, and happier person. I will forever hold those memories we had together, both the good and the bad. Whenever life gets me down I will look back to the times we spent together, and know that in time things will get better. This is my goodbye and farewell to you in hopes that I never see you again. And I thank you for coming to me when you did as you have forever changed my life.

-Me

This is something that I wrote up this morning. As my weightloss journey is coming to an end I reflected on how much of an impact it made on my life. Unlike many out there, I am glad I gained the weight that I did and became obese (according to bmi charts). I don't have much else to say but I just wanted to get my feelings out there

Last edited by SoCalCowgirl; 06-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #2  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I think that this is a healthy way to close the "losing" phase of weight management. Maybe keep it handy to look at when stress/tiredness/any trigger threatens your resolve. Think of it as letting an abusive boyfriend move back in.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

@chubbybunny- I think your right. I've been been obsessed with the losing phase for so long that I just want to keep on loosing as much as possible, I'm just one pound away from my goal but I keep on wanting to go lower, like 115. But I'm afraid that once I get down to 115 I will want to go even lower and get down to 110 and so on and develope some sort of eating disorder or something. After being at this for what feels like such a long time, it's almost hard to accept that this phase is really coming to an end. It's going to be a struggle with not trying to loose any more weight as that has been my main focus for so long, especially now that it's summer and I have more free time on my hands. But you are right on everything you have stated, it's going to take a lot of work to actually try to stop loosing and just maitain at 120. But it will be another challenge for myself so hopefully it won't be so hard once I get myself out of the "I must lose weight" way of thinking.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote