Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 11:34 PM   #1  

Default 4 week Challenge ( Just Do It)

I dont know what challenge we're on .But I know its been such a huge success that I have to keep it going!!!! I started my challenge Feb 2002 and I reached my goal of 64 lbs loss over 3 months ago. For those who havent read about me before, I weighed 194 and now maintain 130 lbs current weight. It's worth every sacrifice. I prefer to workout and eat what I like in moderation and not deprive myself. Anyone who doesnt have thyroid problems , can do this if they want it bad enough. I can think of millions of "reasons" "excuses" why we have no time for exercise or to pick up healthy quick lunch! I wrote the book of excuses trust me! lol I decided once and for all that I wasnt going to hide at home because I didnt feel good about how I looked. It's a new life and I am so happy now , there are no words to describe just picking a size 6 dress and knowing it will fit perfectly! My personal goal is to keep exercising at least 4-5 days a week for 1 hr each day and maintain my current weight. This is a lifetime commitment.Its not just reaching your goal weight and going right back to the old eating habits.
Our challenge ends 3/24/03 , send me a private message and let me know how many pounds you want to try and lose in 4 weeks. Every saturday we weigh in ,let me know if you lost anything and I will edit the weigh in chart.
My Story :

http://www.getting2goal.com/success/gen.php
Gen..Goal (maintain current weight)

Jen519..Goal 6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 8 lbs

plb112467..Goal 8lbs

Choci..Goal 7 lbs

Melekalikimaka..Goal7 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal 6 lbs

Clarita ..Goal 5 lbs

grizzlyshick..Goal 7 lbs

JLoubug..Goal 6 lbs

Kina..Goal 5 lbs

Last edited by Gennel; 03-01-2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:52 AM   #2  

For sure count me in. I'm REALLY ready for a fresh start! I'm going to set a goal of 6 pounds. Maybe the 8 pound goals are too overwhelming for me somehow. Or not. It's 11:54 P.M. I've gotten so used to staying up all night with my grandma that I'm having trouble sleeping through the night even though she's not here. I'm totally exhausted, though, and want to be fresh and rested when I start my new job on Wednesday.
I WILL eat right tomorrow and I WILL excersize. That'll be the beginning of a successful challenge for me.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:13 AM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thumbs down Count me in!!!

Put me down for 8 pounds this month. I know I didn't hit my goal last month but I also know it was doable and totally my fault for not hitting it. This month I intend to do my best to stay on track (all month). I am so close and I want it so bad!!!Starting weight for this challenge: 161 pounds

Gen, How is your house coming along?

Kina, Your writing is wonderful. I really liked reading it.

Clarita, Remember those chocolates that you ordered a while back? Were they any good?

To everyone else to come, Lets all have a great month. We're all in this for the long haul and together. We Can Do this!!

Last edited by angieME; 02-25-2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:03 AM   #4  

Question Can I join your challenge?

I hope y'all don't mind if I join your challenge!

I am doing pretty good, I try to journal every weekday! I find journaling really helps!! When I first came to 3FC I was at 230 lbs! Yuck!!

But, I am down to 213 now!!! So you see I still have a LONG way to go!! I have set myself a mini goal of 175, from there I want to go to 150, and then I will reevaluate and possibly go to 130 or 140! I can't wait!!

Anyway if y'all don't mind me jumping in here, I will set myself a challenge goal of 8 lbs by March 24!

Thanks!!

Paula
Old 02-25-2003, 09:57 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Paula! Welcome. You are doing great! You will like it here everyone is great and we are always ready to support each other.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #6  
Hardcore UFOs

Hi there everyone,

Oh, I can't resist... count me in on this one, too! It's just nice to have someone to check in with and be accountable to. I guess my big problem was setting my expectations too high and I was getting stressed out about it. So I think my approach in the future will be to set very attainable goals with the hope (but not the obligation) to surpass them.

I mean, I lost 7 pounds on the last challenge and I couldn't help but feel disappointed because my goal was set too high! My outlook is different now and I am psyched about that loss and look forward to the next seven pounds. So I'm going to aim for another seven, which would put me at 255 -- wow!

Start weight is 262 this morning. I'm totally pumped.

Oh, and... I decided that a Friday weigh-in is the best for me, so I will post my weight on Fridays, if that is OK. I'll update later this week -- it's going to be an AWESOME one!

Good luck, everyone!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:45 AM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Smile Just Do it? OK I will!

Hello ladies. As much as I thought to myself that I was not going participate in another public challenge (this past Sunday while in the middle of a binge), I know I need the THREAT of weighing-in each week to keep me keeping on. So yes, I'm in once again.

Starting weight this challenge: 183
Challenge Goal: 7 lbs

Welcome Paula. You're doing great! Glad to have you here.

Angie (and all you other great gals), help me buckle my seatbelt so I don't fall out of the wagon if I hit a bump. Thanks.

Jen, here's to a fresh start each month. Cheers!

I hope you ladies have a great day and Gen thanks for keeping these challenges going.

Aloha!
Noelle
Old 02-25-2003, 10:47 AM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah Choci!!! I knew you'd be back. Let's do it!
Old 02-25-2003, 11:10 AM   #9  

Of course I will be in on this one too. I think I am starting to slow a little so I will set the goal at 2 lbs. I made the last one of 4 lbs.

Choci I knew you couldn't resists us. I am glad that you joined in. I think that if you keep posting you will be at your goal before you know it.

Noelle shame on you for not wanting to join in.

Paula you are well on your way to your goal. Stick with us and we will help you through all of the tough time and the good ones.

We got a really good scale at work. (Stop me if I have already told you guys this)I have been weighting myself on the one in the locker room but it has me 2-4.5 lbs heavier (it will be off everyday). I think I may start to use the front scale. Of course it has the lower number but at least it will be more acurate. So with that said, I am at 149. That is were I wasnted to be for my birthday. Now I really am not to concerned if it goes much lower. Maybe 145, but I just need to start to tighten up what I have. I would what will happen if I keep doing what I am doing. I am curiouse to see what I will be at for July 1st.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:33 AM   #10  

Smile Thanks!

I appreciate everyone welcoming me to the challenge!! I am excited about this!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Gen I clicked on the link to your story, you look great!!! Congratulations on your success!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!

Paula
Old 02-25-2003, 11:57 AM   #11  

Put me down for 6 pounds again. Summer's not that far away!!!
Welcome Paula, we're here for you when the going gets rough!
Choci, I'm glad you're back. Don't worry too much if you don't meet your goal, just try to keep on the losing side. Slow and steady is the best way. Besides, I think I've only met my challenge goal once and it's been almost a year. The support really helps. We all contribute tips, advice and humor! So go for it!!
Old 02-25-2003, 01:06 PM   #12  
Hardcore UFOs

Aw, shucks. Thanks to everyone for being so sweet and encouraging! You are all such a great bunch, so how could I resist???
Old 02-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #13  

I am in! I kinda flaked out on this last challenge due to sickness and life changes. I have been maintaining for a couple weeks but am back on board with fitness goals.
I would like to lose 5 lbs this challenge and master my pilates dvd!
Angie thanks for reminding me, the chocolate has not arrived yet
Nice to see you girls back in on this challenge you are all my inspiration.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:08 PM   #14  
determined chick!

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone- Welcome Paula I plan to set my goal for 7lbs this time. No more 10lb goals for me, I know since I'm not to far from goal that things may start to slow down, so I want to be realistic. I hope everyone has a great challenge. Take care. Di
Old 02-25-2003, 06:32 PM   #15  

Hi all! I may as well jump in too. I'll say 6 lbs.. That should be doable. I have about 25lbs to lose altogether. I would like to reach my goal by June. If every month I set a mini goal, which definitely sounds better, I should be there. We can all be there!
Thanks for the challenge, Jen
Closed Thread