Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

The problem isn't weight loss - it is drinking and an overly interested/crazy man.

I agree blocking contact and then filing a police report, if need be, is the next step. And then not getting drunk enough to go home with a strange man ever again.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-30-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #17  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Does your state/city have an anti-stalking law?

I would tell him if he contacts you again, you're going to report his unwanted contact to the police. Make sure that's in writing (text) or that you have a witness overhear you tell him that. Then if he contacts you again, call the police and report him. If your city/state does have an anti-stalking law, he could be in serious trouble because it takes it beyond harassment and usually has stiffer penalties.

As for your personal safety- I would lock the doors/windows any time you are in the house as well as when you are gone. I have literally had someone try and follow me in my house before when I went home at lunch (a stalker ex-boyfriend, as it happened) but I have a habit of deadbolting the door behind me when I walk in the house and he couldn't get in. Consider getting something for self-defense, whatever you are comfortable with be it pepper spray, a tazer, or a firearm. I would NOT use a knife or a bat because as a woman you are likely not as physically strong as him and those type of weapons can be taken away and used on you. I would also consider getting one of those personal alarms that shrieks at like 50 decibels. If your car has an alarm system on it, keep the keys right next to your bed and if you hear him trying to get in your house set the car alarm off - that will get your neighbor's attention and will probably scare him away. If you have exterior lights, leave them on at night. Keep your cell phone next to the bed in case you need to call 911.

Odds are this won't escalate to something more than an annoying guy that can't take no for an answer, but you are better off safe than sorry.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #18  

It's a good think that you've realized this has nothing to do with weight loss. The guy is a creep and bringing him home was clearly a mistake. Do not hesitate to contact the police if he tries to get in touch with you again. He's making you feel uncomfortable in your own home and that is not acceptable.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote