Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Sometimes I forget how far i've come.

and i toy around with my diet, losing sight of why i started.
I don't know if i'm scared that i won't like how i look, when i finally do lose my jelly belly..or what. I've had it my whole life. never knowing a flat stomach. i'm sure some of you can relate.
I've researched so much, tried different methods of eating, and as much as i'd loooove to eat "no flour, no sugar", it's just not realistic in my life. in the day and age we live in, it's easier and quicker to have some sort of bread, sometime in the day. (at least for me)
(here's a sample diet day for me, if you're curious. if not, skip )
I eat a larabar for breakfast, usually 200 calories. If i have time, i'll eat a bowl of grape nuts with almond milk, which is about 280 calories.
lunch is usually chick fil a, i get the grilled sandwich on a wheat bun. (so good....) which is 290 calories.
dinner? well as you can imagine, i'm usually hungry at this point, and when i get home from work it's 7 or 8 at night. Honestly i'll forage for some kind of meat, and usually make a ham sandwich on wheat again.
it's getting harder to let variety into my diet..when i'm trying to watch what sugars i eat, and i've become prejudice against pre-packaged foods like lean-cuisines. (those used to be a staple for me!)
My caloric goal for a workday, is about 1380. i'm usually not hungry after having that. If i've worked out, and then go to work also, i'll eat 1700, which is my BMR.

anyways.. just looking for someone out there i guess, that's in my same position?
I'm so close to my goal but i think deep down i'm scared to get there. I keep using "hormonal cravings" as an excuse to completley pig out and eat ten cookies, then a cupcake or two. :C it's getting old.
I love how i look and feel when i'm eating right. my skin is clear and radiant, I sleep right, don't have gas, etc. So why do i punish myself?
RookaWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #2  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Wow! You look great!

And I understand what you mean about letting yourself eat too much sometimes. I've done the sort of unconscious self-sabotage before. But I think part of what it is is that when I get closer to a goal, I get more stressed and maybe restrict myself too much, so I get bored/frustrated and eat too much.

One thing that helps me a LOT is trying out new, easy recipes regularly. It keeps me interested in what I eat and way less likely to eat something junky.

I don't think you're punishing yourself (unless you are actually, consciously doing that). I think that you still have old, bad habits you're working on breaking. Like eating 10 cookies at once. Those are the habits that made us fat in the first place.

It's a bad habit to eat when we're stressed or bored or happy, and a bad habit to eat too much at once, or too much junk. I know I'm still working on breaking those habits. You probably are, too.

You can completely do this! I know you can!

Congratulations on your loss so far!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Wow, what an amazing difference.....especially in your waist. You look great! I don't think any of us can expect to look like those models in touched up photo's, but we can and WILL lose the fat. Stay tough during the challenging times and keep going. You are doing great!
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

what a big difference, in your face and everything! "no flour, no sugar" is crazy..i don't know how anyone could do that. i love wraps..usually less calories than bread (even light style wheat bread).
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post
i don't know how anyone could do that.
If that's the only thing that works for you, you get used to it.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

You're doing great!!!!

Keep up the good work!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

You look great! Congrats on all that hard work!

If you're looking for support for the losing the last little bit (I'm there too!) we have a thread going here.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Quote:
what a big difference, in your face and everything! "no flour, no sugar" is crazy..i don't know how anyone could do that. i love wraps..usually less calories than bread (even light style wheat bread).
Believe it or not, it's not too tough to wean yourself from sugar when you realize how bad it is for your body (thank goodness for Stevia!) Another benefit is that sugar and flour based products make your body crave more of the same, creating an ongoing battle.

I'm your height and getting near my goal as well. I realize that everyone is different, but I hope you keep on your weight loss journey and get to your goal!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You look great!! Congrats!!

Quote:
I thought the same thing until I tried cutting out grains for about five weeks or so. It actually wasn't all that difficult!

Now I keep them to the weekends because I found that I was going a little crazy for some pizza after a while
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #10  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWoman View Post
Believe it or not, it's not too tough to wean yourself from sugar when you realize how bad it is for your body
Dose and context are extremely relevant to how bad sugar is for your body.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #11  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey you look great. I hear you on monotony of diet. But that's entirely in your control. I can see from your diet that you're not eating a ton of veggies. In fact it sounds like everything you eat is in the brown to tan range! Color it up! You could add some great salad and fruit into the mix. With summer coming up there's so much wonderful fresh produce in Tennessee...and it can be quite quick to microwave-steam veggies with a bit of olive oil, some herbs and garlic.

I live in England now and one of the things I really miss about home (TN!) is all those wonderful fruits and vegetables in the summer. Have a Grainger Co. tomato for me! I absolutely love salad with a bit of meat in it. And you can learn to really savour the taste of the vegetables without salad dressing and that will end the monotony
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree with AlmostMe. I think you should add more fruits and veggies and then you'll feel even more wonderful. Also, how about hard boiling some eggs and grabbing those for breakfast? I think a Larabar is good for an emergency but (for me) starting the day with a spike in sugar can make hungrier later. You could have an egg with a fruit or a string cheese (easy to grab) with a fruit. Keep your sandwich for lunch, since you enjoy it so much. How about making a salad for dinner? Just bake some chicken and cut it up. Use some veggies (colorful ones are best). I usually put in baby spinach, red bell pepper, green or red onions, red cabbage, cilantro and dill. I then add walden farms no calorie thousand island dressing. I might even chop up a hardboiled egg and throw it in there. Just some ideas.

Honestly, you're doing so great! Remember, it's not about motivation (it does help)...it's about commitment and you seem to be very committed. Just knowing that you have this issue of going off plan when you're hormonal is a good thing actually. Why not commit to NOT doing it next time? Or, maybe you could allot yourself one treat whenever you hit that time of the month? You can do it!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Thank you guys for all your support. I do love fresh fruit, and I always thought I ate too much of it, or rather, it ended up being too much sugar. If there's a diet out there consisting of meat and fruit...let me know! Lol
RookaWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #14  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookaWins View Post
Thank you guys for all your support. I do love fresh fruit, and I always thought I ate too much of it, or rather, it ended up being too much sugar. If there's a diet out there consisting of meat and fruit...let me know! Lol
Paleo diet. Meat, veggies, limited fruit.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote