Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #1  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Unhappy annoyed at my scale!!!

Ok sooo I'm not going to lie ever since i started this weight loss stuff I've become a bit obsessed with weighing myself and I kno its a bad thing but I cnt help it! And the more i look at it the more depressing it gets. I know different times of the day your weight is diff and your suppose to weigh yourself in the morning one a week....I Jst don't know what to do any more honestly....I get discouraged easily when losing weight because you lose some weight sometimes you do sometimes you gain a lb or two back I just dnt get it! It's quite annoying and I just don't know what to do anymore :/ any advice ladies?
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

First, read this post. The entire thing.

Then get off the scale. Once a day in the morning is fine, but until you can handle the fluctuations, stop driving yourself crazy. We all retain a couple pounds of water throughout the day, so once you're used to your body's fluctuations, you *can* get on the scale in the afternoon and get an idea of what your weight will be the next morning. I do this all the time, but that's because I know my body and seeing the fluctuations doesn't bother me.

Until you get to that point, just stay off the scale. Trust me, it'll make your life a lot easier.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

EXACTLY what she said. Hide the scale from yourself if you can't stay off it, but.. stay off it. If its messing you up that much, stop.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

I feel your pain. Promise.

There was a time where I was weighing (and criticizing!) myself daily for the little (or large) gains I was having. It was driving me crazy, just like you, I was obsessed. I want to see the weight coming off but I just couldn't see it.

So you have a few options. You can do like the others recommended and completely avoid the scale for a certain period of time. However, I do know that, when you are that obsessed. It can be difficult, if not impossible! But you can do it, if you feel it will be better for you.

OR-Only do it in the morning and write it down. Every day. Get a calendar you can see, post it near the scale and start putting the number you see there every day to the 10th of a lb. This will help you see the loss trend overtime. It will also show you that, when yesterday you weight, say 274.3 and today you weight 279...you can see that it isn't weight. It is water. Or, if it doesn't come off in a day or two or three, you can say "what did I do wrong/eat wrong in that time that I need to adjust/avoid"

OR - Do the same thing but once a week.

I can promise, it will be hard. Possibly even harder than watching your food intake. If you need more support, feel free to message me. I have been there.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #5  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Thanks ladies I'm going to try and do so today.....I'm Jst going to have the hubby hice it for my own good!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #6  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

SugarRomeoTango... I love your avatar!

I agree with the others. If you're going to weigh yourself multiple times a day and it drives you crazy, then stop! Weigh yourself once a day, once a week or twice a week, or whatever is going to keep you motivated and not discouraged.

If you're going to weigh yourself multiple times a day, do it to learn, watch, see or just satisfy your curiosity, but don't take it too seriously. I can predict my morning weight based on my night time weight pretty accurately, now.

I'm a daily weigher. It's one thing that helps me stay on track, focused and motivated. If I look at my progress, it's the weeks I hardly weigh that I do poorly.

The daily fluctuations don't bother me, though. Well, I should say, I don't take them too seriously. I admit a 3 pound gain over night still freaks me out. I also know that it'll be gone in 2 or 3 days. It's pretty interesting to watch the day to day fluctuations if you don't get upset by them.

I also weigh myself multiple times a day on occasion just to see. Again, I don't take it seriously.

I keep track of my daily weight, but my weekly weight is the one that matters.

If you really can't get yourself away from your scale, and you are driving yourself nuts, try writing down your weights daily and charting them. Maybe you'll find it interesting like I do. I use the weight tracker at medhelp.com to keep track of my weight, TOM and exercise. I also have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to track my weight, and I'd be happy to email you a copy, if you'd like. Just PM your email address to me.

An obsession can be a positive if you let it! Good luck!

Last edited by twinieten; 04-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote