Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default .................................................

ok now i decided to just maintain my weight
but every time i fail
i starve my self or i eat too much and sometime i binge
i just can't eat in moderation
i'm trying to eat healthy food but it's hard everyday to be healthy
i hate food it makes me misrable and destroy mylife
i can't live a normal life
i hope that we can live without food
please i want a help from you don't tell me to talk to someone
pet pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You don't need to apologize for your English, I understood you perfectly and see that you are in pain. You can do something about it, in fact you are the only one who can. You don't need to starve yourself, you don't need to give up if you think you have failed.Start over, today, eat less and exercise more. Find a diet that you will follow, it is OK to experiment until you find what works for you. I find that calorie counting works best for me. It is flexible, reliable, no forbidden foods , no strange food combinations and best of all it is free. If that is not for you there are others such as South Beach, Weight Watchers, Atkins, and others as well as diet meal delivery , many choices, just get started and keep coming here . You are not a failure, if you were a failure you wouldn't be here. Good luck.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-08-2012 at 11:18 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #3  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

I count my calories, and i find alternatives. Sometimes I MUST have a soda, its the bubbles and the sweetness. I remember hating diet soda, but I try it now and I found ones that arent bad at all. I like them, and I dont even remember that regular soda tastes like. I still dont drink it often. Same with foods, yesterday I wanted spaghetti and garlic bread so i made some. I found a great spaghetti sauce that was very reasonable on calories and made my won garlic bread. YAY! Start out walking, or find something you like to do that is active.
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I understand completely how you feel. I've dropped myself in to the same cycle. It's like the walk of shame when the binge is over. I just looked at what I ate yesterday, and I have to ask myself WHY?? This 40 pounds ain't gonna' lose itself!

The only thing you can do is make the conscious choice. When you're ready to shovel another bite in to your mouth, you have to ask yourself why. You have to make a conscious decision not to. When you're tired and you know you should exercise, you have to make that decision to just do it. Even if for a few minutes. Don't sit and watch TV, go for a walk. Make that choice! I say this knowing full well that I have to follow my own advice.

And when you make a mistake, when you eat too much, when you don't exercise enough... you have to forgive yourself and do better the next day. You might fail again. You might succeed. In the end, if you keep trying, you'll succeed more often, until you find that your thoughts and eating patterns become more healthy.

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about nutritional supplements here. Mods feel free to delete if necessary or I will edit as required. Have you looked in to nutritional supplements? Serotonin is the feel-good hormone. Many people find that during weight loss, a supplement that helps increase serotonin helps, such as 5-HTP. I found this to be invaluable last year. Another one I recently learned about through friends who watch Dr. Oz is saffron satiereal extract (this is also a serotonin precursor). These supplements can be especially helpful with emotional eating, and are said to help with cravings and mood stabilization. How much of this is true, I don't know. I'm not a medical doctor. I can say, however, that I have used 5-HTP and found that it helped my mood tremendously. I'm currently trying this saffron satiereal extract.

Exercise has become my drug, now, and I find that if I miss more than a couple of days, my mood declines and my eating goes off track.

Just keep trying. The only failure is someone who doesn't even try!

Last edited by twinieten; 04-08-2012 at 09:08 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #5  

the funny thing is i can't give up although i had no success
i just lose then gain the weight
this is my life since maybe two years
i just feel terrible i don't know what to do
i know everything about diets and calories counting ,exercises
,good and bad things
but i don't know why i keep failing
i have no problem to exercise 2 hours a day
but i can't change my eating habits
pet pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #6  
threenorns

you fail becauce you fight your body.

nature requires that our body takes in food - food isn't supposed to be a reward or a punishment.

it is what it is - fuel for us to get through our day.

some of us can get away with filling up the tank whenever we get low.

some of us can't - we have to specify the amount of gas we put in the tank. i can't just "top up" the way my bff can - she can eat and eat and never gain any weight bec what she eats and eats is what she needs and no more. she doesn't eat bec she's bored, depressed, tired, or anything like that - in fact, when she gets depressed, she stops eating.

you need to remove the power you've given food - see it for what it is. it's just fuel:

fuel to keep your heart beating and your lungs pumping

fuel to keep your brain healthy and active (your brain is made up mostly of fat and needs carbs to function properly)

fuel to keep your digestive system (which is 70% of your immune system!) healthy

fuel to walk, to dance, to get through a day at work

remove the stigma of food-as-punishment or food-as-reward.

when you do something that deserves a reward, buy yourself something pretty - new makeup, a new hair style, a new dress, new shoes, a spa day, that book you've been dying to read forEVER.

when you something that definitely does not deserve a reward, learn from it - those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them. what did you do that was wrong? how did the situation come up? how did you react to it? how did you feel afterward? what can you do next time this situation occurs that will bring about a better outcome?

they say life is all about balance - that includes Mother Nature.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

pet pet, you CAN do this.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet pet View Post
i can't live a normal life
i hope that we can live without food
please i want a help from you don't tell me to talk to someone
I know you don't want to hear this and you're probably either just going to ignore it or snap back at me, but I'm going to say it anyway because you need to hear it: if you feel that you "can't live a normal life" and wish that you could live without food, you need help that cannot be provided by strangers over the internet.

We can sit here and type responses until we are blue in the face, but until you deal with your obvious issues with food (that are, quite obviously, rooted far deeper than your average binging behaviour) you are not going to accomplish anything.

The last thread you started here ended in disaster, because we could not (and would not) give you the "advice" you wanted. Please realize that when people here tell you that you need to seek help, we are not being "*****es" or "cows". We are *trying* to help you; you just need different advice than what we can provide.

Please: go get help.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote