Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default What I've learned from having weight loss buddies

I've learned that you cannot depend on other people to work out for you. While it's great to have friends to go with you, you can't focus your work out routine AROUND them. You need to do this first and for most for yourself. That goes for anything in life. I haven't been to the gym in about 3 days, but that's my own fault, but I'm not beating myself up about it.
Just a tidbit of information I've learned from working out with friends
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Very true and a good lesson to learn! Nobody can make your decisions and improve your body but you, be it through food or exercise! That can seem kind of isolating or disheartening, but I really think it is a huge source of power when you use it right. They can't control you, YOU control you!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/175/140

Height: 5'3

I agree with this!! I go to the gym when I want to go!! If a friend or two is there then its a bonus...if not....then earphones in and I actually get a better workout
jajomo0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #4  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

My husband and I signed up for the gym together. I found out pretty quickly that his desire to go wasn't as strong as mine. It used to make me so mad when he would decide not to go. Now I don't let it bother me and I go anyways. I almost enjoy it more when I go alone because I don't have to wait for him to go and I don't feel pressured to hurry up when I'm there.
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Yep, that happened to me too at the gym. I finally (luckily) got so used to going by myself. but, for me, it totally helps to have someone working out with you, so I understand how you feel..
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #6  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I've learned that even if friends DO go to the gym with me -- I still need to stick to my own thing. I like having someone go with me because of carpooling and what not, but seriously, I'd rather stick to my own workout routine because I know what works for me.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #7  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Yep. I actually don't do the weight loss buddy thing. Honestly, I try to avoid talking about food/exercise/weight loss at all with anyone. It's easier - I sometimes change my routine on a dime, so then I don't have to go through explaining that no, this is on my "diet" because I changed it or the same thing with working out. I change my routine every few weeks to keep it interesting (when I don't, I get bored and slide right off the wagon).
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote