Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/201/170

Height: 5'9"

Question How are YOU doing towards your goals for the year?

Though I'd check in and see how people were progressing and moving towards success!? I'm down but not where I thought I'd be. I'm still way better off than before but watching biggest loser gives you false hope for putting up huge numbers every week. How are things going for you? Better or worse than you thought? Anyone achieve any milestones or hit goals you didn't think we're possible? You guys rock and hope success finds you all soon if it hasn't already!
JM14534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I've slowed since last week, but I decided to start insanity and commit myself to that! I know on the scedule it says to start on monday, but I figured I'd do week one friday and saturday. When Monday rolls around start week one, but at least I get into a small habit to workout friday, saturday rest on sunday then BAM start all over again. I'm hoping I can be determined enough to stick with this for 60 days and seem more results!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/201/170

Height: 5'9"

Best of luck! A few people at work did insanity and had great results and lost quickly.
JM14534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #4  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Pretty much the same as you, down but not quite as far down as I'd have hoped. I only have myself to blame though - so many birthdays and weddings where I don't keep to my eating plan but a step in the right direction is fine with me, however small the steps are feeling at the moment!
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I'm down about 13 lbs since the start of the year. I still have a long way to go to hit my new years resolution though.

I'm doing much better about going to the gym, which I'm proud of myself for

I made a chart tracking my gym visits and I have goals for how many visits I'd like to make that month. I taped this to my closet so it's a good motivator.
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm down 10lbs, I wish it had been more but overall I'm satisfied that 1/3 of the weight I want to lose is gone
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/146.8/143

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing good so far. I didn't really start until mid Feb though. After 3 months of depression and pigging out and gaining 10 lbs....I have lost 16 pounds, so I'm happy. Unfortunetely I did lose 20 last year and then gained 1/2 of it back....so I'm almost where I started after my weight loss last year...but it's ok.

I'm doing the 2 pound a week goal...and sometimes I get down about it, thinking how far I am from my goal...but really in 10 weeks I will be at 160, which is amazing. I can shop at normal stores and wear normal stuff

My eating habits have changed drastically, no longer binging, no desire to binge until I'm full either..which is huge for me.
rachelinala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #8  

I didn't do a new years resolution, I just decided to change how I live and live a healthier life. I don't want to diet, I want to change my self destructive ways for good.

Last night we had friends over and one of them specifically asked me to make desert, so I made a box of Brownies with cookies in them. I love those things, but I made them. I used a foil cake pan, didn't have any, plan to take the left overs to my dad today. Really proud of my new found will power!

I'm struggling to find short term goals. Maybe ill start a thread on that.

I've been doing weekly weigh in, down about 2 lbs a week, started tracking weight at the end of jan. Total lost (as of last Tuesday) is 10lbs.

I noticed someone said they struggle to go to the gym... I decided to make it part of my routine, so I had no excuse. I go every night on my way home from work, no excuse. I take Friday off, as my reward, then got both sat & sun mornings.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Just taking one day at a time. Trend is downwards. I keep reminding myself that I did not put on 40 pounds over night. -- It is getting easier to accept that this is a life style change, not a diet. I am realistically happy if I reach my goal by december 4th. -- With each pound lost, I feel better and more confident.

I have been on this journey now nearly 4 months. I am hoping to reach my 1/2 way point with in next 4 weeks.

What I am really focusing on; my resting heart rate has gone from 70+ to 55. My blood pressure meds have been adjusted 3 times during the past 3 months...maybe once I am out of "overweight" category I could go off of them completely! I can walk 7 miles at 4.4 MPH speed, outdoors. Heck; I CAN walk 7 MILES I am not bloated any more. My snoring has improved....LOTS AND LOTS of positive stuff to focus on. And last; I feel sexy again.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #10  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

So far so good Just gotta keep chuggin' along!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #11  

A couple of my goals are
1.) to lose weight the healthy way and maintain
2.) to not let other people's comments affect me so much that I regain/get unhealthy
So far, slow progress, but still progress. I have gotten better at staying in my cal zone, I used to always go over by 100-200, but now I am in a comfortable range. I am reading Extreme Fat Loss by Lyle mcDonald, I eat more than he prescribes, and I am not as strict, but I do follow the guidelines, and I will stick with it till June and see how it goes. Also I have been getting better at both speaking up for myself and not feeling bad about myself when my family makes comments-still have issues saying No but I am getting there.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/315/220

Height: 5'10

I think I've doing really well. I've given up all other drinks besides water and my occasional glass of cranberry juice. I drink about a half gallon of water a day. I've been exercising at least 3 times a week. I've been trying to watch my portion sizes. My attitude is getting better and I'm feeling overall, well. I figure if this has to be a lifestyle change, I have to go slow and create new habits. So I'm proud of myself. I've only lost a few pounds, but that not really what I'm worried about right now. Sure, I'd love to be in the hundreds tomorrow, but if I'm not realistic about it, I'm just going to get frustrated and give up. I hope everyone else is doing well also!
itsjustmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #13  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I've not met most of the challenge goals I set for myself, but I didn't expect to. I just wanted a guide that I could refer to to help me stay focused. I have been losing, though, and am at a lower weight than I was last year, so I'm happy.

Last edited by theox; 03-18-2012 at 09:47 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

I have started the second year of my diet.. had a few weeks of thinking I needed to reward myself with cookies! Back on track.. Losing weight makes me happy..
Lisa532 is offline   Reply With Quote