Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Smile A little pep talk<3

This is not a rant whatsoever but this goes back to that thing us women do, constantly compare ourselves to other females. This forum has definately been a motivator for me when Ive wanted to give up but sometimes, on those bad days when you just feel down, I see all the women posting how they've lost 10lbs in 1 or 2 weeks and think to myself "damn....I wish my body could do that." I've only been trying to lose weight again since late janurary, almost a month and a half and I've lost 9-10lbs (I teeter totter a lot). I started off at 161.8 and yesterday I weighed myself and I'm 152.4 and my goal weight is somewhere between 125-130lbs. So basically 30lbs is what I'm looking to lose, I know that's not a lot compared to all you ladies trying to lose 50, 100 or more but we all share that same feeling sometimes "Ugh I've only lost ___?? It will take me forever to lose this weight!"
But here's the thing, I think because I've been this weight before I don't see it as a big deal but what I realized is 10lbs of 30lbs is 1/3! Wow ive lost 1/3 of the weight already?! I looked up what 10lbs of fat look like and it's pretty gross and can't believe im not carrying that around anymore basically what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we focus too much on the little things and don't take a step back to look at the big picture, we get so focused and upset over that cookie we did not need to have or how we only lost .8lbs since yesterday but taking a breather and seeing how much we have accomplished. Wether being able to run a whole block when we first could not, or knowing that our body on the inside is thanking us for feeding it better, we have all had some accomplishments and once in a while we should focus on those and feel proud, not just down because the scale hasn't moved. How many of us have ranted out "I've been going to the gym 6-7 times a week and not binged but the scale won't budge!!"......before,when did you ever think you would be capable of getting your butt in the gym that much? Just some food for thought, since that has no calories lol
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #2  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

What i like to do, and its kind of silly, is go to the grocery store and look at the butter. And if i lost 5 pounds i look at 5 pounds of butter and go WOW!!! That is a lot of butter!!! And i lost that in 2 weeks! Or however long. Its perspective sometimes. I know im really hard on myself, and i get anxious sometimes because i know this. I just started my weight loss adventure, and im new to this forum. Im excited and nervous for my first weigh in on Friday, I HOPE its what i want it to be!!!
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

10 lbs since january is terrific. i've been concentrating on weight loss since january, too and have only lost about 6-7 lbs.

for a while i was really bummed about it, and kinda hard on myself. but you know what? i've hit some road bumps along the way. and if this is the rate that i lose it, then so be it. my ultimate goal is to look good in a bikini by december..so i have time.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #4  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

you're right! even if we're not losing as fast as we'd like, heck, I must be getting stronger or more fit right? thanks for the post
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote