Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Feeling down and truly useless :(

I hate to post and rant or come across as im feeling sorry for my self but i truly feel im at a brick wall.

To start ive shifted no weight for over a month tho trying my hardest and
exercising, and again no loss. I feel like my body has just stopped i cant even loses weight.

Not only that im having a really bad time looking for work (i am self employed but its not bringing a wage in that i can live off) and i need main stream employment asap. this has been going on for months and out of 100s jobs applied for ive had 2 interviews.
Ive even went back to apply for jobs that i done in the past and go nowhere. All it is is online applications and waiting for the emails that never come or the unsuccesful ones . Im really short of money but not just that my confidence is slowly ebbing away i feel like i am "unemployable" ive been in this place before and i picked my self up as other areas of my life were good i was losing weight etc.
Now things are just low, I have a great load of family issues my dad is an ex alcoholic and has decided after a year being sober and building his business up to throw it all away and go back on it again hes hurt alot of people , i dont want to be going thru it all "again" ita been going on my whole life.
I am meant to be looking forward this year yet iam at a stall and just dont know which way to turn.
A weightloss this morining would have meant loads as im trying , and doing taebo 4-5 times a week even 1lb would have put a smile on my face. Basically feeling useless in every way Sorry for the rant really needed to let it out

Last edited by lucky8; 02-06-2012 at 09:19 AM.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Stress can certainly make it harder for you to drop weight (even when you're doing everything right!). Looking back, one of the most stressful times along my journey, I was losing by far the slowest (sometimes not at all).

Hang in there and keep trying...How location bound are you? Have you moved your job search to other cities too?

The thing with your dad. That's got to be incredibly hard to see someone do that. I have a parent who, while not an alcoholic, has other issues and whenever they try to overcome them, they end up right back where they started. It's insanely hard to watch. But there's nothing you can do about it.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Stress can certainly make it harder for you to drop weight (even when you're doing everything right!). Looking back, one of the most stressful times along my journey, I was losing by far the slowest (sometimes not at all).

Hang in there and keep trying...How location bound are you? Have you moved your job search to other cities too?

The thing with your dad. That's got to be incredibly hard to see someone do that. I have a parent who, while not an alcoholic, has other issues and whenever they try to overcome them, they end up right back where they started. It's insanely hard to watch. But there's nothing you can do about it.
Thanks for your reply hun, if funny you should say that as all i thought about yesturday was looking for work further a field and maybe moving but it would be a big step and we are saving for a wedding too, i may have a browse later see whats what just to get an idea x
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
Thanks for your reply hun, if funny you should say that as all i thought about yesturday was looking for work further a field and maybe moving but it would be a big step and we are saving for a wedding too, i may have a browse later see whats what just to get an idea x
No problem! I get the part about wanting to saving but with a new job that might be easier. I can understand how you might want to be close to your family too but, on the other hand, if you're starting a new life with your husband it might be better to look farther away too. Especially since it sounds like that aspect of your life is very stressful right now. I love my family but I've distance does me a world of good too. Good luck in whatever you decide!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

The job market blows, no doubt. One of my best friend and her husband went through something similar. I am not sure what kind of work you are looking for, but maybe for the mean time you will have to expand your horizons just so you have an income..then focus on a job you will like once you have an income.

As far as the weight goes, everyone sees a plateau. It means you have to adjust something whether it is working out more and/or eating less. I am not sure how many calories you eat or burn. But if you'd like us ladies to look at it for you post it and we can try to help you get over the hump!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #6  
Amazing will be me

Im doing weight watchers , and ive not lost in 4 weeks eating my points correctly and exercising for past 3 weeks regular doing my taebo dvds 4times a week. One week i done 5.

I tried the wendy plan which is still weightwatchers but just another way of eating your points and still nothing.
ive decided this week to drop my points to take the stress away for a week and eat fruit and veg and healthy meats and soups to give my body a bit of a clear out x
Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #7  

Hmm I am not familiar with WW too much, but yes dropping calories or (points) should budge the scale. Just make sure you are eating nutriant rich foods, taking vitamins, and keeping hydrated! If you don't drink enough water it can greatly slow down the process too. Try mixing up you workouts a little too, add some extra exercises or take an additional walk. Your body may be getting used to those DVDs.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #8  
Amazing will be me

yeah i have a gym member ship too going to start mixing it with the gym work out too.

Id also love to do something to channel my stress like a discipline or kickboxing (i love my taebo) but would be great to get out to do something. My gym only do spinning classes which arnt my cup of tea
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #9  

Have you been lifting any weights? Right now it sounds like you are doing all cardio. I know that gals get scared they will "bulk up"..but you really won't. Building lean muscle to tone up will kick start your metabolism...maybe the switch up you need!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #10  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I know that when I am stressed, my body doesn't lose weight. With practically living on this website for the past month, I've learned that a lot of people break out of their plateau by lowering or UPPING their calorie intact (in your case it would be point intake). This does something to the body to help it start losing again.

I am not very familiar with weight watchers, but do your points accurently match your exercise amounts? I know a lot of people won't lose weight if they exercise to much compared to their daily calories because the deficit is just to great.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

I'll just second (or third) what others have said: mix up your workouts and be patient. Also, I'd recommend doing yoga or some stretching & meditation for stress relief, too.

It really REALLY is painful to see family members or loved ones eff up, but --- you can't fix it. Love yourself, take care of yourself, be patient with yourself. You WILL get a job. You WILL lose weight. Just don't give up.
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I wouldnt try to force it at this time. If you are doing the WW program then just stick with it and be patient, its too soon to start messing around and tweaking. Stress is a major component, the hormone release can really screw with water retention and metabolism.

For everything, for weight loss, for job, for dealing with your dad decide on metrics that YOU control directly.

examples:
Days on Plan
Workouts
Trying a new veggie
Trying a new workout
Getting enough sleep

pick something you struggle with that makes it difficult to stay on plan and make that a metric. e.g. meal planning or grocery shopping or eating out too much.

For work - metric job hunting, jobs applied for, networking, brainstorm other ways such as networking, bringing in new work for your current job, part time employment, (metric X of new ideas a week, Y # followed through on), ways to slash your current budget.

For family decide what you are willing to do and willing to not do and give yourself credit for sticking to that. e.g. you will not be responsible for your dad, you will not allow yourself to bail him out financially, etc. BUT you will be willing to drive him to AA if he asks for that help..
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #13  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
Have you been lifting any weights? Right now it sounds like you are doing all cardio. I know that gals get scared they will "bulk up"..but you really won't. Building lean muscle to tone up will kick start your metabolism...maybe the switch up you need!
I usually do weights at the gym , but not at home so will start doing them again when i go back. I usually do quite a lot as my bf lifts weights everyday and has a good routine going and i had one too my arms were getting great then i stopped the gym.............must get back
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #14  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I wouldnt try to force it at this time. If you are doing the WW program then just stick with it and be patient, its too soon to start messing around and tweaking. Stress is a major component, the hormone release can really screw with water retention and metabolism.

For everything, for weight loss, for job, for dealing with your dad decide on metrics that YOU control directly.

examples:
Days on Plan
Workouts
Trying a new veggie
Trying a new workout
Getting enough sleep

pick something you struggle with that makes it difficult to stay on plan and make that a metric. e.g. meal planning or grocery shopping or eating out too much.

For work - metric job hunting, jobs applied for, networking, brainstorm other ways such as networking, bringing in new work for your current job, part time employment, (metric X of new ideas a week, Y # followed through on), ways to slash your current budget.

For family decide what you are willing to do and willing to not do and give yourself credit for sticking to that. e.g. you will not be responsible for your dad, you will not allow yourself to bail him out financially, etc. BUT you will be willing to drive him to AA if he asks for that help..
Great advice hun thank you, yeah i gies its all about being pro active and sticking to your guns x
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #15  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

How many fruits and veggies are you eating? I know a lot of people have had problems with PP because they ate too many zero point foods.

Some bloggers count fruits and veggies as one point and have found success that way.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote