Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #1  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Angry Ughhhhh!!!!!!

I really dislike people sometimes. I was on public transportation tonight and some dude thought it would be funny to make a comment about my weight. There wasn't a lot of people on there, but it still humiliated me. I'm trying to let it roll off my shoulders, but I'm feeling really down. I'll probably never see that guy again, and really I don't give a f*** what he thinks...it just hurts. Because I know how hard I'm working to get healthy and get smaller, but my body isn't projecting that to other people. I can't lie...I really wanted to go home and binge really hard. I ate a piece of cheese, and took a bite of my brother's chili, but ultimately I'm going to settle on my HEALTHY subway sandwich I got on the way home. I'm just glad I didn't let my feelings get out of control. It's really hard though.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

People are dumb... And discriminating the fat is, unfortunately, tolerated.... They forget it's a person with feelings. And they obviously are only trying to make themselves feel better by making someone else feel bad. So loathesome.

But it is hard when your body doesn't match the mindset or lifestyle yet. I remember going into a fitness store last year to buy some fitness gear when I was still 225 or so. I felt so self conscious. Like, I don't "look" like I belong here. They aren't going to take me seriously about wanting fitness stuff.

But.... Your body will catch up. It will take time, but it will get there. Hugs to you... I know it's tough.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Ticker.

Use those rocks consisted of hurtful words as stepping stones to achieve your goal that much faster.
& don't ever think you have to fit into society's expectations!
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #4  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

you just won he's probably a lonely, sad soul and you went home and continued your healthy eating plan. Cuz you'll have a happy, healthy life and he'll still be superficial loser who'll never feel good about himself.. congrats, honey, for sticking to plan!!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #5  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

People only make fun of other people because they need the confidence boost. I was reading an article, and it said that you rarely (if ever) see a beautiful, confident, extremely successful woman with a good life making fun of other peoples appearances, since she doesn't need the confidence boost which I think is very true.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutforthatcar View Post
I'm just glad I didn't let my feelings get out of control. It's really hard though.
You need to celebrate this victory. (Not with food obviously)

GREAT JOB!!!

One good decision at a time will lead you all the success you desire.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #7  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
You need to celebrate this victory. (Not with food obviously)

GREAT JOB!!!

One good decision at a time will lead you all the success you desire.
^Yeah!

That dude's opinions don't matter. If he wants to try to make other people feel bad for their personal attributes and make himself look like an immature jerk, that's totally on him. What does matter is that you have been making good decisions for yourself, and you continued to make good decisions after being confronted with a challenging situation.

Go you!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #8  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Thanks you guys. You're right. I know he was just trying to make himself feel better, he was rude anyway before that. I just gotta focus on me and what I'm doing. Sometimes I try to find any excuse to go back to the I use to eat because I feel like that's so much easier than what I'm doing now. But I refuse to quit.

I love the support on this site. You guys are so sweet and actually know what it's like to try to lose weight. *hugs for everybody*
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #9  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

I'm so sorry that happened to you.
His comments say everything about him and nothing about you. If you weren't there, he would have said something terrible about someone else.

You are doing so well, and not turning to food when you feel discouraged is a huge victory.

One victory after another will lead you to your ultimate success.

You Go and be Fabulous!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #10  

You are strong and YOU can lose weight where HE can't fix being stupid

Hang in there!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post
You are strong and YOU can lose weight where HE can't fix being stupid

Hang in there!
I second that!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/181.5/115

Height: 5'0

Hey Hun...big hugsss. I am a nurse on a cardiac floor and I have patients tell me all the time that I am fat. One said you would really be a looker if you would just loose some weight. Looker....haha....that kind of dated her. Anyhoo....you just have to turn that into motivation fuel. I kind of feel sorry for those people who can only find pleasure in putting others down. Poor souls. Anyway in the words of Dory the fish....."just keep swimming." More hugsssss...
tina3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Ignorant people need an outlet. I'm so sorry it was you. What a great job you did by not giving in to the urge to binge. Remember that food doesn't solve things. Easier said than done. This whole process gets easier once we realize this isn't a punishment. Healthier living should be the reward we give ourselves.

You proved your worth. Now just believe it.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #14  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

What a jerk! One time a few years ago I was at an outdoor concert in line to get a drink and this guy has the nerve to cut in front of me and says "make you sure order a Bud LIGHT sweetheart" It totally ruined my night and I'm not proud to say when he got his beer I grabbed it out of his hand and threw it in his face! Luckily most people aren't like this idiot. Almost makes you feel like carrying around a sign saying "leave me alone I AM losing weight!" Keep your chin up - you can do this!
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #15  

A friend of mine once told me to consider the source of anything that was hurtful.

What a turd. I agree with PP.

You are doing awesome. That guy can suck a bag of turds. hahahaa!
clevergirl is offline   Reply With Quote