Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #1  

Default Horrible day :(

Well today has officially been a horrible day

I'll start by saying that in general I am amazing at cooking, even REALLY healthy foods I can make no problem (I'm still trying to become an amazing healthy baker!)

Anyway today I was working all day so when it came time to make dinner I was rather hungry but still decided to try out a couple of new recipes;
No Pasta Lasagne (Layers of courgette, carrot and aubergine) and Carob and Orange Cupcakes

Well I made the Lasagne wrong, I should have partially cooked the veg before hand as they just didn't soften or cook even with two hours in the oven.

Cupcakes were DISGUSTING, I don't even know if my dog will eat them! I have been experimenting with healthier flours recently so gave Carob powder a go, but I obviously didn't have much luck!

On top of this I also had to make Meringue for my little Sister (I promised her he would try her recipe!) which worked PERFECTLY!

So having cooked for about 3 1/2 hours I was even hungrier and there were some mighty fine looking Meringues ready!
I don't think that I've ever wanted to order a Pizza more! I was SOOO close to hopping in the car to pick one up....

So I decided to make my own (after a lot of trying to convince myself that I should be ok to have an unhealthy day once every week and today should be that day) Here is the recipe if anyone is interested (I'll try and post a pic once I've uploaded them)

All in all quite happy, I got to have my pizza but it's one of the healthiest pizzas that you could possibly have! Delicious!

Quick and Easy Pizza Dough (No Yeast or Sitting time needed, this is more like a pastry but still delicious)

1/2 Cup flour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Water - Until the consistency of a firm dough

Roll out your dough into a rectangular shape and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Add sauce (I quickly cooked up 4 mini tomatoes with a 1/4 of a clove of garlic and some water)

Then top with as many veggies as you can fit onto it! I had a bag of Grilled Vege pieces in the freezer (Onion, Pepper, Courgette, Aubergine and tomato) and then added some Fresh Spring onions (cut diagonally as it looks a lot nicer)

Finally finish off with cheese, you don't need much at all, I used just enough so that there would be a bit of cheese on every slice.
I used Wensleydale with Cranberry and Saint Nectaire Laitier (A gift from a friend from in France) but any strong cheese would do. I prefer to go for the stronger cheeses as generally the calories are the same but you get a lot more flavour so need MUCH less.

I popped it in the oven for about 15-20mins (having already pre-heated it) and I am enjoying a delicious pizza right this very second (I will admit I am also having a mini can of Pepsi! As I did want a real treat)

Total prep and cooking time 25-30mins

I was thinking that it might be fun for us all to write our healthy recipes for those days when you really want something bad (Like Pizza!!!) as I know that I probably would have eaten something bad if I hadn't made a healthy alternative, plus I don't actually feel like I've missed out. My pizza was way yummier than one from the take out and I don't feel bad at all. So what do you guys say? Lets start a "Life Saving, But I want something yummy" Post???

Healthy Angel
HealthyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I haven't had a good weekend....
My problem is healthy food, lol.
I eat so much of it, it isn't so healthy anymore...
But I'm trying hard to not do that.

I love peanut butter, so one of my favorite recipes is this?
1 apple
1 banana
2-3 T peanut butter
1/4-1/2 C almond milk
cinnamon

Just blend everything together in food processor or blender and eat! This is one of my favorite breakfasts.
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote