Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #1  
keep on keepin on

S/C/G: 239 highest 227//227/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting Today...

I'm ashamed to write that again. It seems to be all I've been doing for the last year. I woke up last night with the worst acid reflux. I have just had enough. I'm also scared. I can't believe I just said it. But I am. I feel like a failure. I just don't commit to any plan. I also don't have the discipline I need or at least don't know how to find it or harness it right now. But I am going to start right now! I have to learn that it is okay to be uncomfortable and tell myself NO! I've gained back all of the weight I lost from 09 and I am miserable. It;s very hard for me to open up with this emotional stuff but I feel the need to let it out. I have to do this because I am slowly killing myself. It's really disgustingly sad. Thanks for letting me vent.
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

airbear - Judging from your number of posts and your join date I can only assume you know you're not the only one who has said/felt all of that before. That's why we're all here!

You just need to keep trying until you find a plan that you can live with forever! Welcome back!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210.6/190.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hi airbear-

I just wanted to say hello and tell you I feel your pain. I just joined this site today. However, I lost 41 lbs at one point and gained 19 of it back. I am here today declaring I will do this and not beat myself up in the process.

I noticed your avatar is a quilt block. Are you a quilter? I have been quilting for 4 years now.

Anyway I hope your day goes better. We can do this !

Nikki
nikkih1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #4  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Hey first of all I would like to say well sone on starting again, that is sometimes the hardest bit. Also I failed a few times before and this is the only diet that I have really stuck with. I am lucky enough to have the support of my boyfriend and family, is there anyone you can speak to about your diet and ask them for a little push or tell them to be strict with you, that is what I have told my boyfriend do to,if I go for a bag of crisps or feel terrible and hungry he either is harsh and tells me not to do it and not to give up or he makes sure he cheers me up.

I would love to be your diet buddy?

I too have failed and lost and gained, so perhaps supporting each other would be great.xxxx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #5  
Striving to be better

S/C/G: 313/218/160

Hang in there. Everyone on this site are fighting the same fight. You CAN b do it. Its one day at a time. Give yourself a hug and a smile and do not beat yourself up. Keep trying.
Pag0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #6  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

So many of us here have started and restarted. This time last year I was down to 169 pounds. A few months later, after some minor surgery, I was back up to 225. I lost most of that weight on Medifast (not cheap!) and felt like I spent all that money for nothing.

This time I'm doing it on my own. What another poster mentioned here is true. Never give up; just keep on trying until you find a diet and exercise plan you love (or at least like quite a bit) and can stick to. Even if the weight comes off slowly, even if you hit a plateau or two, even if you don't feel like it...like the Nike ad says: JUST DO IT!

Do not let another day, week, month or year go by where you'd be asking yourself, "Why didin't I start back then?" Do it NOW...even if you have to force yourself at the beginning (I did).

Come here daily for motivation and join a challenge where you have to post daily to keep you accountable. There are so many others who are in the same place you're at right now. We understand.

All my best to you!

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-20-2011 at 01:04 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote