3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Lose 10 pounds by October 1st! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242159-lose-10-pounds-october-1st.html)

Mimi123 09-02-2011 10:35 PM

I'm in, a bit more motivation is always good.

1st September- 173
1st October- 163

April Snow 09-02-2011 10:41 PM

I should add that I was THRILLED to have a 9 lb loss for the month!

The one thing that I will say about this challenge or any challenge where you try to lose a certain amount of weight by a specific date is that it's important to remember that progress is what matters, no perfection.

Ryler832 09-02-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howellbe (Post 4018262)
So, people that have done this challenge before: how do you do it? Any tips? 10lb in one month is a lot. Or it seems like it.

I set my goal last month for only 7 lb. I didn't want to set it so high and not be able to reach it. Ten lb is a lot to lose in a month. That would mean that one would have to lose a little more than 2 lb/week. It's do-able for most bUt not for me.

OhThePlaces 09-02-2011 11:07 PM

I'm in! My husband's high school reunion is October 1st, so that's extra motivation. :)

I've really been slacking for the last couple of months... I'd love to lose 8 lbs. I am hoping to workout at the gym 6 days a week and I'm keeping a food journal.

Starting Weight: 138
Goal Weight (10/1): 130

envelope 09-03-2011 10:38 AM

Sep. 1 - 165.4
Oct. 1 - 155.4

philana 09-03-2011 10:49 AM

OhThePlaces - cool! I loved your reunion pics. Goodluck this month!

--
I will see how I am doing in a week - I have had a stall for a bit, and if after this rigorous week I've not atleast lost 2lbs, I'll change my goal for this month. But shooting for 10 just would be cool!

Bal Krishna Shrestha 09-03-2011 10:58 AM

Hi everyone!! I m also going to join...I m trying to do my best for 15 if i can!!
WIsh for your luck!!

LittleBlueCat 09-03-2011 12:48 PM

I'd like to try to go with a 10 lbs for September. Since August I somehow lost 9, I'm thinking 10 is a bit ambitious, but why try for less?

SW: 166
GW: 156

The bad new is, I started the month at 166, and this morning it is 167. I know I was 'bad'.... I baked brownies for the family, and I licked the darn bowl........ than my son brought me some Chinese from the Mall... and I LOVE Chinese food! I ate some :( I confess. But I only ate some of the chicken with mushroom, and didn't touch the rice. But all that is enough to show a gain.

Now, the good news? My wonderful 'conscious' made me go Zumba this morning. So, I feel that I'm good for a fresh start! Yes. I'm sticking for my wish list of 10 lbs for the month of September!!

steinanwine 09-03-2011 05:11 PM

I'm totally in! I am back to this board after a long, unhealthy hiatus and all day I've been thinking I WANT TO LOSE 10 LBS BY OCTOBER!!

What do you all do to reach this goal other than really watch what you eat and work out?? I suppose thats it! Just be accountable and come here for support! This is the first time I've been in one of these challenges so I'm just not sure.

Goal: go to gym AT LEAST 3 times a week (which may not be enough, but is the minimum I must do).
9/3/11 - current weight 180 lbs.
10/1/11 - goal weight 170 lbs.

I really hope by coming here and with lots of discipline I can do this!!!

bikegirl 09-03-2011 06:38 PM

Newgirl

Hi. I've tried many diets and am now using the old WW guidelines of 2 milk, 3 fruit etc. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs by October 1st. Also hoping to get to the gym 2/week. Can I join?:ebike:

Meeel4121 09-03-2011 07:26 PM

Hey everyone, I'm in!

SW: 178 (81kg)
GW: 168 (76kg)

I can do this! :carrot:

April Snow 09-03-2011 08:33 PM

Welcome to all the newcomers - great to have so many people who want to really keep on track for September!

April Snow 09-03-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steinanwine (Post 4019139)
What do you all do to reach this goal other than really watch what you eat and work out?? I suppose thats it! Just be accountable and come here for support! This is the first time I've been in one of these challenges so I'm just not sure.

that's pretty much it! I like doing challenges because they help me keep accountable to myself - I know that other people see what my weight is doing and it makes me want to keep the commitment I made to myself. I can't guarantee to myself that I can lose 10 lbs in a month, but I can guarantee that I am going to stick with my program and stay on plan with my food and activity. And having other people trying to do the same thing can be a great form of support.

steinanwine 09-03-2011 11:07 PM

Thanks April Snow! I'll just make sure I check in here with my eating habits/workouts throughout the month to stay accountable to myself and to get inspiration from other members!

This thread really couldn't have come along at a more perfect time because I REALLY want to lose 10 lbs this month!!

Lets go everyone!! We can do this!!!!! :)

HeatherAngel 09-04-2011 10:12 AM

Okay, I admit - I have adjusted my ticker and original post in this thread to reflect what is now the truth, having gained 3lbs since Thursday by eating as if the world is running out of food. (No, really, I EASILY ate more than 11000 calories over... sadly. :nono:)

Here we go! ;)

Edited to add: Okay, not 'easily' - Let's be honest, I worked hard to eat so much I felt sick. Ugh.