Trying to lose before he gets home!

• I met my Husband when I was a size 16 and now, 7 years and 2 kids later, I'm in a 22/24. He is due to get home from Afghanistan in 4-5 months and I'm officially cleared to exercise now (just had a C-section) so want to go from my current post-baby 245 to my ideal 170, but for his Homecoming I'm shooting for 200. Can I do it before he gets home?!
  • Yes you can. I find low calorie and low carb makes me lose about 3lbs a week. And you workout so that makes you lose even more. On workout days I eat 1500 and others only 1200. I still have a massive amount of energy but ask your doctor if its ok for you because you are more over weight than I am. Just do this for sure.

NO SNACKS...Of ANY KIND. No cakes, cookies, waffles, syrup, sugar, chips or alcohol. Nothing. This is what I do. You can do it with will power. Good luck.
  • It's ambitious, but the best you can do is try! Even if you don't quite make it, you'll be better off than if you didn't start.
  • I wouldn't focus on being a certain way for the day he gets back home. I think the greatest gift for him is that you're doing it for the betterment of yourself and health for the rest of your lives together. The bonus is if there's significant changes by the time he comes home, but the fact that you're on your way to your ultimate goal will result in a lifetime of happiness for you both, not just for that one day.
  • Quote: I wouldn't focus on being a certain way for the day he gets back home. I think the greatest gift for him is that you're doing it for the betterment of yourself and health for the rest of your lives together. The bonus is if there's significant changes by the time he comes home, but the fact that you're on your way to your ultimate goal will result in a lifetime of happiness for you both, not just for that one day.
    I agree with this. Concentrate on doing better and making a lifestyle change and not concentrating on a number.

Also, are you breastfeeding? If so, remember that you are feeding a little one and please don't quit breastfeeding just to drop calories. Your baby needs that milk!
  • Good words so far. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a goal in mind. I have one for when my husband gets home at the end of October as you can see by my top ticker. It's an ambitious goal, but not completely out of reach. All we can do is try our bests and see where we land in the end.

=) Good luck!!
  • My goal is 3lbs a week. I think it's ambitious while still being do-able. Well, we'll see if it is anyways! LOL

(and, no, I'm not breastfeeding)
  • Quote: My goal is 3lbs a week. I think it's ambitious while still being do-able. Well, we'll see if it is anyways! LOL

(and, no, I'm not breastfeeding)
    Very do able. I do it lol Ofcourse I plateaued since I am in the normal weight range now. I cant seem to lose the last 10. Maybe 15 lol.
  • You can definitely make a huge difference!! I had a baby on April 12 (3 months ago!) and was 250. Now I'm 206. (I started at 235) and I've done it by counting calories. I'm also nursing the baby, so I set my range to be around 1750 calories per day, and I strive to make my calories 30% from protein.

You can totally do it, but it will take dedication and work! I've only started really exercising and running the last 2 weeks since I also had a c-section, followed by pneumonia.
  • That is definitely a reachable goal! I wish you the best of luck.
  • Yes you can!! Watch what you eat, try to excercise and post on the board if you need ANY help! We are always here