Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 7/11 - 7/17

You're on Page 4 of 21
Go to
  • Darius Hi It's good to see you check-in.

Zoodoo How did your day go? I feel better getting right back on plan. I hope it went well for you today. Great job on the positives and the NSV's!K

Erica Hi Glad you checked in.

LGW No change is good, sometimes.

K9 I saw that you had SB cabbage rolls this past weekend. I searched for a recipe and found a couple different versions. Which one do you use? You would never know that anything is wrong with Magnum. His appetite hasn't changed. He hasn't gotten sick anymore. He still wants to play. I have noticed that he seems more tired now than he was a couple years ago. If I didn't know he was sick, I wouldn't think twice about the tiredness. I would think it was because he's getting older. I'm sure that its from the anemia. I'm grateful he's feeling so well.

Mamakat How did the shopping trip go? I hope it went well for you.

SMess We are going to a Hibachi place, but they don't cook in front of you. They cook it in the back and everyone has individual tables. The food tastes like the places where they cook in front of you. Good stuff! High sodium stuff! I will be complaining on Thursday about the sodium attacking me!

Berry I'm glad the Dr. figured out what's wrong with your little one. Congrats to him on being able to take a pill. At least you can put the antibiotic in food. I hope he gets better quickly.

Sukale Hi Glad to see you check in. Where are you in SC? Thank you for thinking about us. I appreciate it. Magnum seems to be doing very well right now. It's amazing how resilient our pets are.

Abbysue Congrats on the extra energy and confidence. Great job on the 5 mile walk!

IsabellaOlivia Great job on your calories and workout.
  • Total Approx 1470 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
    high fiber English muffin 100 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
    1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
    Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (730 Calories)
    Bread w/butter 160 calories
    Boiled Fresh okra 100 calories
    Sirloin 250 calories
    2 orders steamed veggies 220 calories

Exercise:
    TF Fire 60
  • Diana32: This says "2 generous servings", but I put this in my slow cooker (med size) and it makes like 10 cups. I use 1 cup per serving and DO NOT add rice. I serve it over beans. I also use crushed Rotel tomatoes. I like it HOT! I like red and green cabbage in it too!
    SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll

My mom makes a variation using brown rice and she sautes the cabbage It is sooooo yummi. It's just cabbage, carrots, garlic, bells, onion, and ground turkey. She just sautes all of it and adds the rice and whala! Instant yumminess!
  • k9owner

I wish I ate everyday like I ate today I was on vacation last week and that didn't go so well. I really am trying to do better this week. I also have a bad habit of eating the food my 3 yr old leaves behind. It is total mindless eating.

I went from 260's to 228-230 pretty fast. Now it seams I am stuck. I am now at a weight that I have been at for years. I think my body just likes this weight. I usually go down fast for a while, then stall, that have another quick drop. I am now just waiting for the next drop. I hope it comes soon, LOL.
  • I did it! I made my day. I did everything I said I would and I'm exhausted. I salute all of you for doing this on a regular basis. I did not like shopping, it was expensive, confusing and I forgot to use my coupons. Also I needed stuff from the regular grocery store. DH picked up on his way home. Everyone (including neighbor girl) liked what I made! I got compliments from 4 out of 5 My feet were swollen and my back was killing me (seriously I don't know how you all do it). But I did it and I feel accomplished
    I came under calories and I had enough water to float a boat (so far 28-8oz, I think that's right). The recipe called for so much that (drum roll please) I have a whole other casserole for next week. BONUS. I'm exhausted so I am checking out without personals.
    I hope you all have a wonderful night...see you tomorrow.
  • Diana, I'm so glad to hear that Magnus is holding up okay. I lost my golden retriever, Jake, this past fall to paw cancer and it happened in a very similar way to what your talking about with Magnus. My mom thought he had a cut that had gotten infected, and I took him in to get tested. They said they'd get back to me but that I shouldn't worry.

Meanwhile, my 18 year old cat, Claude, was beginning to fail and I'd decided to put him down (which was very difficult on it's own - we'd found him three days after my parents adopted me, so we'd literally grown up together). The day before I took Claude, I got a phone call from the vet telling me that Jake had cancer and there was nothing they could do. He died two weeks later, at ten years old (another big shock - the two lab mixes we'd had before that had both lived to 16). But, even though the tumor was visible on his foot, those last two weeks were very good ones for him. The day that I took him in, we spent a lot of time laying in the sunshine and meditating about things. He was happy and calm, and in almost no pain - it was a good ending for him.

Of course, one of our previous lab-mixes had a stroke at 11 that the vet said would be fatal, and she lived another five years! Dogs really are amazing creatures, and I feel certain that no matter how long Magnus has left in this world that he will spend that time being happy and well-loved.
  • k9 - i love to talk about my life and growing up on the homestead and about my life in alaska now...i've often thought about writing some of that down because, when i talk with others, i realize that i had a childhood that's rare in this day and age

berry - it's definitely possible for ear infections not to hurt or for little kids not to notice them....my son, when he was 2ish, ruptured an ear drum from an ear infection that we never knew he even had! we were just playing one day and i noticed fluid coming from his ear...took him in and turned out to be a ruptured ear drum...there had been NO signs of an ear infection at ALL!

DH is out of surgery and doing good...he got to watch on the doctor's screen as they took out a good part of his meniscus in his knee...he is home now and i'm going out to fill his prescriptions next and pick up our son
  • K9 Thanks for the link. I will take a look and print it out.

Sukale Keep working your plan. I'm sure you will have a drop soon.

Mamakat Congratulations on getting everything done!
  • Successful day! Our lunch today did not include salad but I survived.
    Late day today, having dinner now -- usually try to do before 7...:-(

I've been on the same eating plan I posted for the last 54 days. I'm slowly learning how not to modify because I am I slowly finding foods that I love to eat. I just take one day at a time and seeing the weight come off has kept me motivated.

Keep up the good work everyone!

One of these days I will do personals because it adds such a personal touch to know that people are reading your post and responding to keep you motivated! I appreciate you guys that take the time to do so! Thanks!

LGW
    I'm not where I want to be...but I am definitely not where I used to be....
  • SMess Thank you for your post. Our dogs have always lived a long time, too. He will be the youngest to pass. We are amazed that he is doing so well and hope that it continues on this way.

alaskanlaughter I'm glad to hear that everything went well with your DH's surgery.

LGW Congrats on the on plan day!
  • Summer birthdays aren't all that great when you're growing up. I always hated that I couldn't have a birthday party at school.
  • Quote: k9 - i love to talk about my life and growing up on the homestead and about my life in alaska now...i've often thought about writing some of that down because, when i talk with others, i realize that i had a childhood that's rare in this day and age

berry - it's definitely possible for ear infections not to hurt or for little kids not to notice them....my son, when he was 2ish, ruptured an ear drum from an ear infection that we never knew he even had! we were just playing one day and i noticed fluid coming from his ear...took him in and turned out to be a ruptured ear drum...there had been NO signs of an ear infection at ALL!

DH is out of surgery and doing good...he got to watch on the doctor's screen as they took out a good part of his meniscus in his knee...he is home now and i'm going out to fill his prescriptions next and pick up our son
    I think you should write things down because it is a 'days gone by' story. And who knew about 'silent' ear infections? Poor kid didn't even know what was making him sick!

And glad that your husband is doing OK. Good that they didn't have to completely knock him out - that grogginess is disconcerting.
  • Quote: Summer birthdays aren't all that great when you're growing up. I always hated that I couldn't have a birthday party at school.
    There's some truth to that. My oldest son's birthday is the tail end of August. It's either JUST back to school or the last weekend before school starts - whichever the case, near impossible to have a birthday party.

On the otherhand, my birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas and everyone is always busy around then or saving money. In college it was exams week, and when my husband was a professor - exams week from the other side. my husband was born on Orthodox Christmas (and his mother is Orthodox), so he always has to share Christmas traditions on his birthday so never really has a choice on what he wants to do or eat... So, I've concluded, many times a year aren't optimal to have a birthday.
  • Quote: Summer birthdays aren't all that great when you're growing up. I always hated that I couldn't have a birthday party at school.
    I did mention mine was right after the Christmas holiday (3oth). We were never in school. We were on Christmas vacation--which has been changed to be politically correct. It's now called "Winter Break" Geez!!
    1/2 the year I was 1 age and the other 1/2 I was older.
    My parents wouldn't allow me to "date" until I was 16 and since I started 1st grade a yr early and didn't do to kindergarten, that put me graduating at the ripe "old" age of 17!
    I was able to "date" 5 months of my Senior yr of high school!
    me!!
    Course, I've been married 8 yrs and we dated 3 yrs before marriage. So, I can't really complain, but it sucked at the time!
  • You're right, I skipped past that! Lol sorry. I bet you got double screwed with a birthday so close to christmas. Did you get less presents? I guess that's worse than not being able to bring in cupcakes for the class.
    I graduated at 17 as well. I worked at hersheypark at the time and even though I wasn't 18 yet they were allowed to make me work doubles (14 hr shift) since I was no longer in school. That was pretty terrible on tilt a whirl days. I hated working at that ride.