Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #61  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

*jealous* i've never been on a tilt a whirl....or a roller coaster...or ferris wheel...or any of those amusement park rides...

just sitting down to eat a salad for dinner....carbs are well under 30-40 today, heck i barely ate all day because i just wasnt hungry (but most likely stressed)...got up to 80 degrees here! warmest we'll see in my rainforest all summer!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #62  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I just wanted to hop on and give you a little update and hopefully explain why I've been MIA.

Long story short, I left my husband. I got so burned out with his tantrums, drinking and overall negativity. Finally, during one fight, he blamed me for the dog eating his cake and called me a lazy *ss, as well as a terrible wife and mother. All in front of the kids. He told the kids I was going to leave, they thought I was going to leave them and became hysterical. Once I assured them I wasn't leaving, he told them I was going to take them and move away from HIM. They asked if it was true, still crying, and I told them yes. I packed the car full, stayed the night with a friend (during one of the most violent thunderstorms since the tornado) and drove the 12 hours back to my home state the next morning.

I haven't focused on weight loss, for obvious reasons, but I haven't gained anything. I've hooked the Wii up and will be able to work out for the first time since I got here 2 weeks ago. (GOD IT SEEMS LIKE I'VE BEEN HERE SO MUCH LONGER THAN THAT!!!)

I'm living in a VERY good community. It's honestly like Mayberry. One cop on duty every shift, all the neighbors know each other and get along (some tolerate), everyone takes pride in how well groomed their yards and houses are... No one even has to lock their doors at night. For real. I'm living with my aunt and uncle right now, but there are plenty of places I can rent once I have a job. I also have an interview at a really hard job, it's factory work, but a well paying job with GREAT benefits. My aunt works there and pulled some strings to get me on. The kids are adjusting. They miss Daddy of course, but I make a point of letting them call every night to talk to him about their day and say goodnight. If they want to call him at other times, I let them. Hubby is fairly accepting about all of this and we are able to communicate MUCH better over the phone. He even commented that he thinks he likes our relationship better as friends. I don't know about that, but yeaaah...

That's my update! I hope to keep up with the boards, but I doubt it will be much more frequent than a couple of times a week at best, at least until I get my own internet access.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 07-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #63  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

woww what a couple weeks for you and your kids!! so glad that you are settled somewhere and that things are stable and safe for you guys
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:43 AM   #64  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Hi Pint Sized Terror - I'm glad you're somewhere safe. It's nice to see you back. I hope that everything will continue to go OK for you and your children.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #65  
BlockHead =)

alaskan glad to hear your DH is doing well

berry my son doesn't know he has an ear infection til his ear drum is close to rupturing and overall he does not have a high pain threshold. Fortunately he doesn't get them often anymore, between getting adjusted, taking good quality supplements and growing enough that there is better angle for drainage.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. My fasting blood sugars are improving. I know once I add exercise into the mix everything will improve greatly. Having a real mental block with exercise this time around. TTOM needs to start soon, I am cranky The heat doesn't help. DH and I finally got the ACs in the living room and our son's room last night so the house will be much more comfortable now. My electric bill won't be, but oh well.

Am going to be trying to remove viruses, etc from someone's laptop, scanning pics to make a video for a memorial service, taking the boy to a follow up orthodontist appt, and picking up an extra closing shift this week. Going to be a busy week.

Happy, healthy day to all
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 143.6
Down: 1 pound

Pint I'm glad to see you check in. Wow! I can't believe everything that has happened with you in the last couple of weeks. Hang in there. You are out of that situation and you can probably think more clearly. I'm glad you are able to stay with your Aunt and Uncle and it's a better environment for you and your children.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #67  
You can call me Betty

S/C/G: 177/too much/145

Height: 5'8-ish

Thank you for the welcome!

I completed day four on-plan and now I'm onto day five, yay! Yesterday was one of those days where staying on plan wasn't that hard (thankfully). I'm eating a lot of veggies so I'm not feeling too much hunger. I used to eat almost exclusively processed foods in the form of frozen meals and I am definitely feeling a bit of a withdrawal from that stuff.

Does anyone know if there is a big difference in green teas? I am going to replace my morning coffee with green tea and I bought Lipton "Pure Green Tea" at the store yesterday.

Diana3271
- Thank you for the welcome!

alaskanlaughter Hang in there, that's alot of stress to be dealing with!

SMess - Thanks for the welcome, you guys are so nice! Is the Ripped in 30 program a weight lifting program?

berryblondeboys I'm sorry to hear about your son's ear infection. Interesting that he reports no pain in his ears, but it sounds like he's lucky to not be feeling it!

sukale - Thanks for the warm welcome!
MayoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #68  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Alaskan! You don't know what you're missing! Roller coasters are amazing! That's actually one of my reasons for finally losing weight. Last time my weight was as high as my starting weight I couldn't fit on the rides. I might be able to now, not sure. I'm too afraid to try this summer, but I am definitely getting on some coasters next year. My DF and I want to travel go on a roller coaster tour to different amusement parks around the world when the kids are grown and we can retire. That's my dream.
Hey guess what? I had a whoosh this morning! Back down to 267! Hopefully the rest of the water weight doesn't take too much longer. Have a good day, all! And welcome mayolover!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Mornin'!

Feeling good to be back on track. I had another low calorie day yesterday. We ended up having just salad for dinner, since I had lettuce that I needed to use that or it would be too late. Produce is so exciting in the summer. The salad was all local, except the avocado. I also took a 3 mile walk in the evening, which felt really good. My new shoes (few weeks back, but haven't used them many times. My feet have been putting in a lot of hiking boot time) seem to be working out.

I'm trying out an exercise ball instead of a chair. It's getting my butt sore. I can't decide if it's a bad sore or a good sore, so I'm switching to my regular chair when I really start feeling it.

This morning was the silliest thing ever. I thought about riding my bike in to work, but I ended up wasting too much time here doing silly frame measurements, and didn't have time to ride in. So ridiculous!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Oh! I'm down to 197.2 this morning. Just when I was thinking of mentally resetting my "set" point to 199.

Last edited by zoodoo613; 07-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #70  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

And little guy is still sleeping (that's 12 hours). He must have been feeling some discomfort and just didn't realize it or it wasn't pinpointable or something. Poor kid. Fever is gone too - I've checked on him a couple times through the night. "I" feel better too getting more sleep.

Pint I'm glad you are in a better environment for you and for the kids. Stability is so important to kids, you know that more than anyone.

Mayolover Welcome to the board! There are so many different kinds of green tea. There's plain, which is alright, but flavors make them awesome - like Constant Comment Green tea and Green tea with Mango or Pomegranate. We drink a lot of tea at home - Yum! Yum! One of our favorite teas, but it's herbal (well, I think there is a caffeinated version too) is Good Earth Original tea. It's a spicy cinnamonish tea. We have a tea drawer always stocked with at least 15 different teas.

Jeniansmom It is REALLY hard to get motivated to exercise when it's too hot = so true. But so glad taht your numbers are getting better and better!

Sukale You won't be stuck forever. Just keep the calories steady (not going too high or too low) and keep moving and the body will catch up

mamakat Good job on shopping (and if you haven't shopped for awhile, yes, you would be shocked at prices) and at cooking! Yay you! Just be careful about over-hydration. 224 ounces is A LOT - unless you were out in the heat all day and sweating like a pig. I don't know how much is too much, but there is a point of too much.

SMess Ripped in 30 is something I've been afraid to try, don't ask me why, I don't know! Measuring is a good idea too, just don't get too frustrated if they seem to move slow - everyone is so different in that, but even small changes make big differences!

Abbysue Your enthusiasm and excitement is catching! Way to go!!!! And I love, love, love grilling. I have a fairly big grill. One one side I have a veggie pan (kind of looks like a cookie sheet with holes in it) and the other side is for meats. i'll slice up some veggies, toss them in olive oil and grill them up and on the other grill chicken or pork or chicken sausages (the yummy more natural ones with mango or apple and gruyere). Food has to taste good!

IsabellaOlivia Way to keep it up! Consistency is the key!

K9owner Love that you are trying new recipes that will work for you. I need to go through my cookbooks and do that too. I just go back to what I know most of the time and don't take time to learn new. Sometimes I even forget about some of our favorites!

Sorry if I missed anyone today or yesterday.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #71  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Mornin'!

Feeling good to be back on track. I had another low calorie day yesterday. We ended up having just salad for dinner, since I had lettuce that I needed to use that or it would be too late. Produce is so exciting in the summer. The salad was all local, except the avocado. I also took a 3 mile walk in the evening, which felt really good. My new shoes (few weeks back, but haven't used them many times. My feet have been putting in a lot of hiking boot time) seem to be working out.

I'm trying out an exercise ball instead of a chair. It's getting my butt sore. I can't decide if it's a bad sore or a good sore, so I'm switching to my regular chair when I really start feeling it.

This morning was the silliest thing ever. I thought about riding my bike in to work, but I ended up wasting too much time here doing silly frame measurements, and didn't have time to ride in. So ridiculous!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Oh! I'm down to 197.2 this morning. Just when I was thinking of mentally resetting my "set" point to 199.
Yay! on getting back on track - not that you ever really got off track which really does show that you are making a great life change.

The exercise ball as a chair. Only time I used an exercise ball was when I was in labor - it was great!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Yay! on getting back on track - not that you ever really got off track which really does show that you are making a great life change.

The exercise ball as a chair. Only time I used an exercise ball was when I was in labor - it was great!
That's my only previous experience with it too. I don't know if I'd so so far as "great", but I'll give it "slightly more tolerable than any other position I could be in".
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #73  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

Cute story about when my son was 3. He had been dealing with a few fevers here and there and I would tell him he had to take medicine to help his fever. He was good at taking it (so glad for that). One day out of the blue he came up to me and said "Mama, I have a beaver in my ear." I of course had no idea what the heck he was talking about, but he would say that through out the day. I finally caught on, his ear ached. I took him in to the doctors (always taking the kids in even for minor stuff as I don't have family and friend references to how to raise kids...we are pretty solo here). Turns out he had an ear infection and a fever. He said "yep, I have a beaver in my ears." We discovered two things that day...he's super smart and he couldn't pronounce is f's yet. LOL.

alaskan I'm glad that your husband made it home safely. I didn't see if you conquered that closet or not, did you? I hate cleaning closets.

pint I'm so glad that you had the courage to get you and the children to a safe place. I think deciding to go is probably harder than actually going. I hope all continues to go well. I send you all the best wishes I have

darius hi, I see you popping every once in awhile. How are you doing way over in Japan. My son is in love with all things Japan. He has plans to move there one day and become an anime artist. He's hoping first to go to San Francisco to study art.

jeni I love Maine, sometimes we vacation there at an Uncle's cabin. I believe it snows there more than here otherwise I would ask to live there. I was under the impression it was cool enough to without A/C, but I see that it's not. My DH woke me up early and told me to start cooling off my room before the sun got to hot. This is our hottest week so far this summer.

mayolover welcome I think all teas are beneficial (brewed not crystalized). I read recently that green tea is great for fight against breast cancer. One cup/glass brings your chances down a % and so on with how much you drink a day. Regular black teas have a fighting power too, just not as strong. I've heard caffeine is good and it's bad. Moderation

shishke great job on the whoosh!

zoodoo so are you saying you got a surprise of 2# down. That's nice.

diana I'm glad puppy is doing better. I know that whenever my puppy gets ill I feel sad for it. She can't tell me she's sick or where it hurts, unlike my two (see top story ). And it gets harder to understand as they get older/slower. I'm so glad he's doing better.

berry glad your little one is getting better. My kids always took pills better than liquid.. Liquid smells and tastes bad and that's a hard combination for a kid to swallow and also believe that it's good for them. My doctors were always impressed when I asked for a pill form for them rather than liquid...so much easier. Also I'm not sure if I'm drinking too much during the day. I used to drink a 12 pack of diet soda a day, but have now gone down to 3-4 and in between I keep a tumbler w/straw that hold 35.7 oz of water. I usually have one before exercise and one during and one after. By that time I've already made my water quota, but still have the day away. I guess I drink a lot right now because it's hot and the water is ice cold which seems to cool me off. I don't know if that's true I also have medications that say "keep hydrated". I once nearly died of heat stroke and dehydration (living AZ then) that is very very painful. I never want that to happen again. who would. Anyway I'll look it up and see if I'm drowning my insides and maybe try to drink slower if I am. Thanks.

I'll try to do more later. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #74  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

So, I'm having a mini celebration...

I started this a month ago, losing weight and getting healthy.

And since 6/12 I have gone from 186 to 168.2
I measured today, the true test in my eyes and always something I avoid. Some areas lost .25 of an inch, others 2 inches. All together I lost 12.25 inches...! I'm a happy girl this morning.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #75  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

8 189.4 -.2
9 188.6 -.8
10 188.8 +.2
11 189.2 +.4
12 190.0 +.8

Good Morning All!!

Yesterday was crazy and I wasn't able to get my check-in. All of the gains are due to lack of proper sleep. Every single one of them. I have done outstanding with my eating and I did all of that cleaning over the weekend so it wasn't a problem getting all of my movement in. It is all due to lack of sleep. 100%. For the rest of the week, sleep is my focus. I am feeling tired today and my body feels heavy. I am on plan with my eating and I am doing great with the Yoga!!!

I was able to do Bob Harper's entire 60 minute session last night!! My poses are modified to the max, but it was the point that I made it through the workout. I look forward to my flexibility increasing and being able to hold a deeper stretch.

I've got much work to do AND a lot of reading to catch up on! Missed you guys! Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote