3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/6/11 - 6/12/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/234928-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-6-6-11-6-12-11-a.html)

Vixsin 06-06-2011 03:43 PM

Totally posted in the last thread this morning. LOL

I'm up again this morning. 190.0 on the dot. Whatever. TOM's here in full effect. I did massive cleaning and going up and down stairs all afternoon yesterday. Myfitnesspal said I burned 652 calories from moving things around the house for 25 minutes and cleaning with light to moderate effort for 90 minutes. Personally, I thought it was horse-pucky but I logged it anyway. LOL

I've got much work to do so I'll try to check back a little later. Have a great day!!

uwfan27 06-06-2011 03:56 PM

Happy Monday everyone! I'll jump in this thread for the first time and wish us all the best of luck this week!

Berryblondboys - So you ended up missing the Zumba class this morning? I was curious how it went because I'm going for the first time this Wednesday. I am nervous too, not sure what to expect. Anyone have experience?

Today is off to a good start. Healthy breakfast full of protein and just polished off some healthy leftovers for lunch. I plan on a snack of LF string cheese and apple this afternoon before hitting the gym. I’m starting a new exercise regime today, I’ll be doing weights and cardio every day (6x week). I will focus on one body part per day for strength training and follow it with 20 minutes of interval cardio (with 5 min warm/cool down). Obviously I will occasionally deviate but I’m ready to step it up and start to incorporate weights again!

Tomorrow we are having a celebration at work and I know there will be cupcakes there. These amazing cupcakes from a local bakery that has won awards for their delicious cupcakes. I can’t decide if I should have some or not. I’ve debated between allowing myself to eat one, then deciding to eat half of one, then saying it’s not worth it. What would you do?!?! I am fearful if I give in it will lead to a binge for the rest of the day (I’m predisposed to binges).

jomatho 06-06-2011 06:43 PM

I am exhausted! The outdoor work is going to kill me! Actually, I don't mind it, but then I come in the house and realize I am behind with the housework, I still have to cook dinner and I only got one load of laundry done, and I didn't run my errands, etc. There is just not enough time in the day to get it all done. When do you just get to sit and enjoy things?
Ok, I didn't come here to complain about how overwhelmed I am, I came to say I have been on plan so far and right now have fish, asparagus and potatoes in the oven, so unless I have a really bad craving later, it should end up being a good day in that respect. Probably still low on water with how hot it was outside, I will keep drinking. How's everyone else doing today?
iamerican, how is your day going?

berryblondeboys 06-06-2011 09:56 PM

jomatho that was me with gardening last month. My yard looked great, but the dust bunnies were mating in the house. But, it will all get done and it's great exercise!

uwfan27 Yep, I missed it. I was dropping my son off at school at the time I needed to be in the studio. Oh well, there's next week. Tomorrow I'm doing a basic aerobics class. I'll see how that goes.

vixsin Sorry TOM is messing with you. The one good thing is that it goes away! And yes, housecleaning burns a lot of calories.

iamericanWoohoo! on your loss for this week!

shshkeberry Try not to get frustrated. you know there is no possible way for that weight to be anything but water. Just try to be patient while it works it way off and maybe figure out what triggered such a water retention problem so that you don't have it happen all the time.

zoodoo It's hard being a mom trying to juggle everything. I know I tend to be a last minute planner even though every year I swear I won't do it again. Sure... right! LOL Hope today was a more successful day for you.

mamakat So glad that you felt great today after your hike yesterday! And I hope your boardwalk walk was nice too.

jomo Great loss! Sticking to a plan does get easier and easier.

Stacygee Glad to see you are about where you were when you left for vacation. That 175 just wanted to give you a little tease! Also, Laura's beef is the only beef I will buy.

MZJuicy I'm glad you treated yourself to a new purse and your gusto about this is really shining through. I hope it sticks with you!

For me, I got my bike all ready today (except for the bike bags to hang from the rack, but I ordered it!) and I rode to the grocery store! It was so great! The ride there is mostly uphill, but somehow the paths manage to bypass the wost of the hills. I only had to hop off the bike once for about 15-20 feet on the way there. Took me twenty minutes to get there (got off teh bike twice to verify where I needed to go on the trail map) and then I shopped and then I loaded up the $75 worth of groceries into my bike trailing thingee and rode home. Home was coasting much of it (which is good as that's when it's the heaviest load) and got home in 12 minutes. Average heart rate going there was 131 (max 160) and average heart rate coming back was 126 (max 160). It felt great, was scenic and didn't cross any major intersection and only one street with a crosswalk! How much easier can it get?

So, no more driving to the store! From now on! Bike riding ONLY. Exercising with a purpose. I LOVE it!

Diana3271 06-06-2011 10:32 PM

Jo Great job staying on plan yesterday. Is your pool above ground or in ground?

Shishkeberry How did it go with the trainer at the gym?

Zoodoo I wish we had calories on the menus here. It would be a big help.

Jomo Conrats on the 4 pounds! :carrot:

Mamakat The items that I order at the Thai restaurant are not spicy. I think a lot of their food is spicy, though. I think DH's food was a little too spicy for him. ;) Congrats on getting to sleep in! That's a good feeling.

Iamerican Congrats on the 2 pounds. :carrot:

MzjuicyD Congrats on waking up and feeling great! :dance:

Stacy Did you use package taco seasoning in the beef? The sodium always gets me. The last time I made it homemade from a link that Berry posted.

Lauren Hi :wave: Great plan!

Vixsin Hang in there, TTOM will pass. Mine will be showing up soon, too.

Uwfan27 Hi and Welcome! :wave: If you are predisposed to having binges, I would abstain from the cupcakes. Especially if cupcakes are something that would trigger you.

Berry Congrats on riding the bike to the store! :carrot:

Diana3271 06-06-2011 10:34 PM

Total Approx 1440 Calories + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories
So delicious coconut ice cream bar 100 calories

Exercise:
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 55 EZ

K9Owner 06-06-2011 10:40 PM

Zumba Talk

Here’s the skinny on Zumba for those interested: I take 2 different instructors: Bridget, the :drill: sergeant and Cindy, the laid back instructor. I’ve also done “Black-lite Zumbathons and Charity events with Zumba to raise $ for them.
I like Bridget’s class the best. She is very “In Your Face” and will look at you and tell you to give her 110%, even in a class of 60 other ladies. Her old routine was more fast songs than slow—then she changed a few songs around. Now, it seems there is more slow than fast.
Don’t expect to get the moves on your 1st class, you probably won’t.
Bridget always says, give the class 3 tries, if after that, you hate it--she doesn't take it personally.
Remember, Zumba is all about HIPWORK! They strongly encourage you to move your hips.

To get some basic Zumba moves, check out the following uVids!

Basic Zumba Moves (Salsa, Kumbia, Merengue, Reggaeton)

One Of my Fave Songs and Dances from Bridget’s old routine Me Gusta

All 36 of these uVids are different Zumba Routines, but some of them are actually American line dances turned into Zumba routines

Hopefully, this will help get you all acquainted with :dancer:

As far as what to take to class, I take 2 water bottles, 1 bandana to wipe off sweat, chap stick, & my Polar FT40 HRM. I would suggest shorts and Coolmax or Under Armour gear and a good sports bra, but I see fashion/exercise no-no's at every class.

Have Fun and GET OUT THERE!!

K9Owner 06-06-2011 10:45 PM

I’ve been MIA and busy. I am helping a few friends co-teach VBS this week (1st Grade).
They are so fun at this age! This is my 4th yr to do it.

Unsure if I posted for Sat. or not, but cals were 885, so good for me.

Sunday
Cheese Omelet 125
Qdoba Naked Burrito without rice, Sour Cream, Guac 548 x2
(I had this for lunch and dinner)
Greek Yogurt, SF Caramel Syrup, Almonds, SF Popsicle 275
Total 1496

H20 64 oz

Monday
Greek Yogurt, SF Caramel Syrup, Almonds, String Cheese 285
BBQ, slaw, TCBY White Choc Mousse/Ruby red Grapefruit Sorbet Swirled :drool: 958
Cheese Omelet 155
Total 1398

H20 64 oz

I totally guesstimated on the lunch (2nd Bday of the month). I have resisted VBS cookies (ALL flavors),
caramel cake, coconut crème pie, dirt pudding, and Italian Crème Cake today.
When I told you all I am constantly surrounded with ridiculous amounts of desserts, I wasn’t joking.
Today was defo a victory for me—as I scraped by with an approximate 1400 cals, b/c I had to over-guess lunch & chose the lesser of the evils by having something DELICIOUS at TCBY.
Not being able to exercise is killing me this week as well, but until I get over this infection I have, it is just physically impossible to do anything :mad:

Hope everyone is having an OP week. TOM is gone and I should ovulate by the end of the week, and I’m really, really hoping for a loss on Friday!

K9Owner 06-06-2011 11:25 PM

Where oh where is our DianaLA??
Miss you girlie!
:hug:

iamerican 06-06-2011 11:38 PM

K9: congrats on resisting. All those foods would drive me nuts. Your will power is awesome! Nice job!

I made a new goal for myself. By Sept. 5th (right before school start) lose 15 pounds. Thats just over a pound a week. :)

berryblondeboys 06-06-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 3881089)
Where oh where is our DianaLA??
Miss you girlie!
:hug:

Whenever someone leaves I always worry about them falling off the bandwagon and being afraid to post. And by not posting, of course, it just makes it more likely to stay off the bandwagon. Now, with Sum38 gone now and Stacygee gone last week, we knew why. Vacations, but Diana in LA? hmmmm... So COME BACK DIANA!!!

shishkeberry 06-07-2011 12:22 AM

@stacy and diana... It went pretty well and she put me through a really tough workout, but it wasn't as helpful as i thought it would be. I thought she'd show me around more. I only get one session and it's too expensive to have a regular trainer. But the lady i worked with is a summer intern for college, so she said she'd be willing to help me with any questions all summer since she's not getting paid. I like her, too. She was easy to talk to and she didn't make me feel bad.
@berry... Yeah, it sucks and it was a huge shock to see the scale this morning. I expected some water weight, but nine pounds? Yikes! I know what happened. I ate too much salty fast food and I didn't drink enough water. It wasn't a complete wash because I didn't go over maintenance calories, but it was close. I did really good today, though. I drank plenty of water and i stayed around 1500 cal.

Diana3271 06-07-2011 05:43 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I need the coffee IV this morning! :coffee: I went to bed too late last night because I was trying to get caught up with some stuff. I got up earlier than normal because I have to take my Mom to have a medical procedure done. I only got 5 hours of sleep :faint:

I hope you have a fantastic on plan day!

Weigh In: 146
Up: .4

still 06-07-2011 06:43 AM

Good morning everyone!

Diana, I am totally with you on the coffee IV today. All I want to do is go back to sleep.

Yesterday was a good on plan day. I do think the weekend is catching up to me though. We had both the town carnival and my DH's graduation party this weekend, and while I did my best to stay on plan, I did have some carnival vinegar fries at the carnival and some dirt cake and alcohol at the party. So I've been bouncing between 168 (good) and 170 (not so good) at weigh in for the past few days. Today was a 170 day.

I also think I've overexercised between all the activity this weekend and actual gym time so far this week. My calves are burning because of all the walking I did in sandals this weekend. So today I'll take a rest, drink lots of water, and make sure to keep my calories in check.

Berry- that is too cool about riding your bike to the store! I love functional exercise so much. DH, DS and I rarely drive anywhere in town in the summer because everything is close enough to walk it. Love it!

jomatho 06-07-2011 07:23 AM

Count me in for the coffee IV this morning! On top of not sleeping well, I am sore everywhere, even my fingers and palms! Today is supposed to be very hot and humid, so I think I will take a rest day from outside. Last day of school today, they get out at 11:25, and then the summer baseball league starts today with a double header at 4:00. I guess I won't have much time for work anyways.
Scale was down again to 185.4, but I feel heavier today because I am so sore all over. Oh, and I stuck to my plan like glue yesterday, even sat out on the back porch with my DH while he had a mixed drink and I had water!!! Maybe I would have slept better with a drink :lol:
Hope everyone has a great day, I may check back in if I have some between times, but most likely this day will get away from me with all the kids stuff. Have a good one!