Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #1  
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

Default How do you reward your mini goals?

I was just wondering how other people motivate and reward themselves for reaching mini goals. I don't want to do anything counterproductive (ie. dessert), or that requires spending a lot of money, just little things to look forward to.
Turning30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

When I reach my mini goal, i want to get a manicure and pedicure. With the last mini goal, I decided to get a dress for when I reach my goal/ideal weight. Almost like a ribbon at the finish line. LOL :-)
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #3  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

I had to do the same thing - I used to use food as rewars, now I've got some new rewards planned for along the way:
1. Massage
2. Manicure/pedicure
3. Jewelry (doesn't have to be pricey - something fun)
4. Clothes
5. Trip! This is for my final goal reward.
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/204/170

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachaKat View Post
I purchased ($45?) a Brighton charm bracelet. I add a spacer when my total loss ends in a 5 and a charm when it ends in a 0.
Oooh, great idea! I like how it motivates you every day. That's awesome

I have some clothes that I used to be able to wear tucked away in under-the-bed storage bins. My rewards as I lose weight will be to be able to bring them out into the light!

My main goal of 170 is actually only a first goal. I know I will want to lose more than that, but I don't know how much. And I don't want to get daunted by a large goal, so when I hit 170 my reward will be to get a navel piercing, and I will then reassess my weight loss goals. I have a feeling I'll want to go about 20 pounds more from there, but it all depends on how I look and feel, not how much I weigh!
ladykayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #5  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

For every 10 pounds I lose I plan on putting $50 in savings. That will get me started on my ultimate goal of having my entire back tattooed with a piece my husband designed.

I do not want to get this done before I lose my weight because I want my body to be where it ought to be for the rest of my life.

My mom and I went shopping this weekend and she told me for every 10 pounds I lose she'll take me shopping for a new outfit. Can't argue with that!
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

I buy lots of new clothes that end up too big for me. I think I need a new reward.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #7  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

depending on the goal, i buy myself something cute to wear. a small minigoal (5lbs) might get me a cute pair of earrings or a headband. a larger minigoal (20lbs) is a new pair of jeans!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #8  

- massages
- new workout clothes
- trip to the thrift store (a way to get fun, new clothes without spending a lot of money since they won't fit after a while)
- new songs from itunes downloaded on my ipod (which I listen to while working out)
This are when mini-goals are achieved, when I make goal I want to take a trip to a day spa and get not just a massage but other pampering treatments as well. It's all about the rewards! Yes, weight loss and health and feeling and looker better is it's own reward, but having something specific and tangible for a specific weight helps me to focus.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

For my last mini-goal I got a pedicure.

I am also treating myself to a massage every four weeks. This is not a reward for hitting a goal but rather a reward for doing the work. If I'm eating healthy and exercising I think I deserve a reward if the scale moves or not. So I think it's also good to reward actions too, not just results.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay77 View Post
I am also treating myself to a massage every four weeks. This is not a reward for hitting a goal but rather a reward for doing the work. If I'm eating healthy and exercising I think I deserve a reward if the scale moves or not. So I think it's also good to reward actions too, not just results.
This is a really good point.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #11  
To war!

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135?

Height: 5' 3"

I just got a day at a fancy spa from my husband, but not for the weight I've lost, but for running 2K this week. I used to run 5K every other day years ago. I am trying to tie my rewards to fitness milestones, not pounds. I want to be fit, not just skinny.
Tante Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

Not really a reward but out of necessity, during my weight loss, I had to go out and buy new clothes from time to time. I generally don't have rewards-I feel like losing the weight is reward enough.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #13  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachaKat View Post
I purchased ($45?) a Brighton charm bracelet. I add a spacer when my total loss ends in a 5 and a charm when it ends in a 0. I have 5 spacers and 4 charms (sounds like an algebra problem from middle school!) because I've lost 45 pounds so far! In the end, I will have 12 charms and 13 spacers! WhooHoo. The charms run about $8-16 and the spacers are $7 (if I remember correctly). It's a great daily reminder of the journey I'm on. My two sisters, Mom and two friends are doing the same thing! It's been a fun aspect of our weight loss efforts. When we make a minigoal we'll call each other and say things like..."I'd like to come see you, but I have to go to the Brighton store!" LOL
Good luck!
I *love* this idea! I think I will incorporate it in my plans, too

My rewards all have to do with little things, too. Most of which have already been mentioned. My 100 lb lost reward is a new swimsuit & a spray tan (will be next summer when I get there). Ultimate reward around Jan. 2011 will be a clothes shopping spree.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/164/120

Height: 5'0"

I gained most of my excess weight quickly in recent years, so I have a lot of clothes in varying sizes that I still like but are too small. I'm looking forward to getting each "new" wardrobe back as I progress. At my height each ten pounds puts me in a new size.

My first major goal is to get out of the obese range which is about a 20 pound loss from my heaviest (I lost a few pounds before I joined here), and I've promised myself my first really nice or "designer" handbag (not the hugely expensive kind, maybe a Coach or something similar). As a side benefit, that gets me out walking the malls and department stores at lunch time to look for my ideal bag.
tiggycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

To get my husband to support my weight loss, I committed to a new bra/pantie set for every 10 pounds!

This is helping me feel comfortable in my own skin (and have bras and underwear that fit)... and he's not bringing snacks home anymore, either!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote