Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Oh- I used to get a steroid injection for allergies. They made me CRAZY hungry and I ate WAY more! If you don't track your calories you could be exceeding your calories without even knowing it.

Track your calories! I use livestrong.com.

I think it is great you found a class you love. If it makes you happy I would go as much as you want... I love to spin and I try to go 6 days a week and I have even been known to go twice in a day too. I don't count it as my exercise anymore... I do it for fun!

When you hit a plateau it is so important to not get frustrated and give up. I too just experienced 3 weeks at the same weight and I was getting very discouraged. BUT I am so thankful I was able to stick to my plan and wait it out. I dropped 2 pounds and overnight on Wednesday night!

Good Luck!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Exercise is great but you must reduce calories also to lose weight.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

Before I was going to study abroad in the Caribbean, I was desperate to lose some pounds before I was in a swimsuit for a month. I was doing intense cardio (45 minutes) and resistance training 4-5 times per week, and only eating 900-1000 calories per day. I couldn't lose a pound. I went to anutritionist and he upped my calories to 1200-1500/day, and bam! Lost 15 pounds before my trip. I suggest you track your calories to really see how much you're taking in, as compared to how much you're exercising. The shot could definitely me messing with your weight and/or water retention.. if you think you're holding water, trying increasing your potassium.
Good luck!
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #19  
I'm Lovin It

Thanks for all the great advice. I have a horrible ear/lymph node infection and haven't been online much since I posted this. I am tracking my calories now, but nothing is typical when you are in as much pain as I am in these days. I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate the helpful comments. I will take a better look at them all when my head is clear and not spinning. LOL!\
JustPeachy is offline   Reply With Quote