Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #1  

Talking Back from vacation! Down a few pounds!! Yay!!

I'm back from vacation and I went from 169 lbs to 164 !! Although I did have a stomach bug the last night of vacation. So maybe tomorrow I'll get a more accurate weight. However I'm sure I at least lost a few lbs!!

We had a great time! We were out everyday walking, walking, walking! I must admit I did not workout at the fitness center (and they didn't have a scale either!) But honestly in 2 weeks, we did not sit inside one day. The weather was beautiful and I also came back with a nice tan. Also I found I did not have the urge to snack or binge at all. I really think a lot of my eaing comes from bordem and I wasn't bored for 2 weeks.
Anyway, I have to go unpack. i just wanted to check in.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/186.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!!! That's an amazing accomplishment!

I'm super worried about my upcoming camping trip. It has always been a lazy vacation - all of us lying around reading, napping, and eating. It's stressful to think about now. I'm just going to have to find things to keep me occupied... I hope! And, I'll be there for 10 days - eek! I used to reeeeeeally look forward to these trips.
Emmy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #3  

Where do you go on vacation?

I'm worried about that too, I go camping for a little over a week in July. I am very active when I go though, tons of walking, bike riding and swimming here and there. But with that also comes the hot dogs and burgers and junky camp food.

I'm afraid that when it's my time to go I'll slip right back into the bad habits. But I'm super happy you lost weight and managed to stay on track during your time!!
SammyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #4  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Congratulations! That's a serious accomplishment!
I always manage to pack on a few pounds when we go on any vacation. That is the one time I refuse to worry about calories or points or anything.

I'm gonna have to remember to be as active as I can when we go camping this summer...I'd be ecstatic to come home and not see a gain, much less 5 pounds gone!
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow! Congrats!

I'm nervous about my upcoming vacation. It's a family reunion and I have no idea what to expect.

Last edited by zoodoo613; 05-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone! We went to Cali to visit family and sight see. I'm lucky that my husband's family (minus my husband) is pretty healthy. They cooked many nights for us, and my sis in law cooks healthy, low fat, lower carb meals for the most part.
The hotel offered a complimentary "healthy start breakfast" which was just like fruit, breads, cereals, yogurt, and that kind of stuff.
We did eat out a few times, but each time I skipped the appetizers and dessert. Also, when I wanted to order something extra fattening, I told myself that being on vacation does not mean over eating. Plus, since my husband's family eat pretty healthy, they weren't ordering greesey meals, and it was easier for me to just go with the flow.

We did have a pizza party one night, and we all ate LOTS of home made greesey pizza and stromboli!! But I didn't stress over it because I had been making healthy, portion controlled choices the rest of the time.

Honestly, I usually lose weight on vacations, because I'll have breakfast, then be out all day walking around, (usually skip lunch because when I'm busy having fun I don't want to stop to eat) then eat dinner.
Its when I'm home sitting around and bored...then I eat too much too often.

Now I'm worried I'll gain weight back being home!!

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 05-12-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #7  

That sounds wonderful! I used to live in California, I miss it there.

I used to eat a lot when I'm bored too. I would eat just to...eat. Or when my boyfriend and I are watching TV together and he would eat, I would eat too. It was hard to tell when I was hungry or when I was full, before it was too late.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work!!
SammyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I had been wondering where you went, I'm glad to hear it was on a great vacation!

All the more incentive to live like you're on vacation all the time. I am your opposite, I always binge eat like a maniac on vacations...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #9  

Hi Krampus! Glad to be back. We went out to California to visit my husband's family. I had the chance to meet my brother in law's girl friend, who is from Japan. My brother in law was stationed in Japan for several years. She brought me a watch that instead of arabic numbers, it has Japanese numbers. Its so pretty! I just felt like sharing that with you! Also, my brother in law was telling me that he is thinking of proposing. This is a long way off, but if they were to get married and the wedding were to be in Japan, then we would fly over there for the wedding! I've never been to Japan, but they both tell me it beautiful. But I"m getting ahead of myself, he hasn't even asked her yet!