Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I found this in your area: http://www.wecaremanatee.org/programs.php

Free Primary Care Clinic

We Care Manatee operates a Free Clinic to provide primary medical care to low-income residents who do not have health insurance and who cannot afford the cost of a doctor's visit. The clinic is located at:

One Stop Center
701 - 17th Avenue West
Bradenton

Appointments are required: 941-755-3952 x6
The clinic is open the 3rd Saturday of each month (closed annually in June) from 9:00am to 12:00pm and provides primary medical care to low income Manatee County residents. As with We Care's Specialty Program, all medical care provided through the clinic is by volunteer physicians and nurses.

To learn more about our clinic, please call We Care Manatee's administrative office at 755-3952

----

It sounds a lot like low blood sugar/hypoglycemia to me, but I am not an expert. I have a very good friend who naturally has a high heart rate. It can cause an enlarged heart over the long term (think about how we exercise muscles to make them bigger - a high heart rate exercises your heart and makes it bigger). Anyway, he is on medication to slow it down (I think he's about 125 unmedicated/100 medicated).

Anyway - I am sorry your family is not supportive - that stinks. A lot of people are resistant to change, and overprotective Hang in there!!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #32  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I don't have a lot to add as you have already received such great responses but wanted to stop in and say a couple things. 1) YOU LOOK FABULOUS! and 2) I understand. I have gotten dizzy spells too (only during the day and only at work) when I stand up too fast. I realize, however, this only started when I changed my way of eating and incorporated exercise. In the back of my head I thought it might have been because I was eating too little but I know that I am not. I don't even mention it to anyone only because I knew I'd get the same accusations as you received.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

OK, I'm going to get all "Momma Bear" on you right now, but you need to get a physical and some blood work done. I know you have no insurance and pretty close to no money. Figure it out. Find a clinic that will allow you to pay on a credit card. Ask a family member for a short-term loan to get it checked out.

The link to the clinic in Bradenton has some pretty low cost for some of the blood work.

You only get one body and one life.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I wish I had advice about your lightheadedness, but I feel that your family should be a ton more supportive. Mine was supportive of my mom until she lost 'too much weight'. *rolls eys* She's six feet and 160-180. That's about perfect for her. Obviously, she was not anorexic. You look wonderful, sweetie.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #35  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

You look so great Nia! Yeah people are insecure about themselves not doing something right for themselves like you are so they make excuses as to why they arent losing weight like "you're starving yourself" It is annoying especially since you look so great now they should be excited for you
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 AM   #36  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Yeah you should go to the free clinic I am a student and I have no insurance either but I have been to the free clinic here a few times and my mom has diabetes and no insurance and she goes to a free clinic here to get her prescriptions and supplies.
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote